Talk about your favorite sports, hobbies, or activities.

What's your hobby?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your hobby?

I am interested in collecting beautiful pictures. Recently I have collected some beautiful pictures, I'd like to share them with you.
    Last edited by Jennifer; 04-21-2016, 02:10 PM.

Hi Jennifer,

Awesome pictures! Are you into photography too?

My main hobby is this Christian website. I tried photography and a little Photoshop work. Here's some of the pictures I have taken from here or there with a Canon EOS 40D:

Comment>

I like these pictures. They are special. When I see the beautiful scenery, I'll take a photograph.
      Comment>

Hi Jennifer - I enjoy taking pictures too. I just use my iPhone most of the time, so the quality of the photo is limited of course.I enjoy hiking so I have a lot of pretty pictures. I'm having user error issues right now, but I'll share some with you soon!

Comment>

Sunset pictures are some of my favorites - God's beautiful painting of the sky, an unlimited canvas!
          Comment>

My hobby is learning languages. My Pentecostal background (tongues) sparked the interest. My interest grew with wanting to better know the Bible (Greek and Hebrew). Then, I found I really enjoyed it. Sorry, no pretty pictures to show.
            Comment>

I would love to photography but I don't have a good camera.

I LOVE to color. (Yes I'm an adult and LOVE to color) :p
              Comment>

Originally posted by Army Wife View Post
                I LOVE to color. (Yes I'm an adult and LOVE to color) :p
                Coloring isn't like finger painting.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post

Coloring isn't like finger painting.
                  I didn't say it was. Even tho finger painting is fun. Haven't done that in years. :p
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Army Wife View Post
                    I would love to photography but I don't have a good camera.
                    Hi Army Wife - I took a photography class 'way back' in Junior High School, probably before you were born! While I was in high school, a new type of camera was marketed - a "disk" camera. Don't let the name misguide you; this was way before electronic compact discs. This little camera took pictures and produced negatives on a disk, a circle of negative frames. Have you ever heard of a 110 camera? I think the disk negatives were about that size, or maybe smaller. It was a cheap camera, and produced grainy prints. Those are the family and friend pictures I have from my teen years.

Eventually I graduated to a 35mm camera. Pixels were still unknown to common folk! These were the days that every snap of a camera produced a negative, and the only way to see the picture was by developing the entire roll of film. So my children's childhoods are documented by pictures in photo albums, photos that have been cut by scissors in all sorts of sizes and shapes.

The next step of course was digital camera, and the pixels have increased incredibly for clear pictures even by a "camera" within a phone!

So I've rambled, and it's been fun in this post, to share my photography hobby. I just want to encourage you that any picture of a memory is better than no picture. More than photography, I enjoy the hands-on approach to manipulating my photos into pages of scrapbooks. I enjoy the tactile nature of feeling the photo, reminiscing the emotions behind the photo, and providing that photo with color and style to enhance it.
                    Comment>

My passion is writing and talking about various subjects beyond surface conversation. My hobbies include the occasional game, from video games to tabletop games like chess. I also like watching TV shows and analyzing their story lines and characters. My mind is constantly moving, so it's difficult for me to take a light interest in my interests. I'm either not interested at all, or my interest is "turned up to eleven."
                      Comment>

Today I saw some pictures of butterfly on Web.How beautiful! So I'd like to share these pictures with everyone.

Comment>

I enjoy guns and shooting. It is relaxing. The stronger the concussion of that rifle....the more relaxing it is. A great remedy for stress.

Ship Alone
                          Comment>

Originally posted by Ship Alone View Post
                            I enjoy guns and shooting. It is relaxing. The stronger the concussion of that rifle....the more relaxing it is. A great remedy for stress.

Ship Alone
                            Do you have a personal arsenal you care to share in public? My last rifle was a .308 Norma Mag. Haven't shot a rifle or pistol since, it has been about 8 years now.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Do you have a personal arsenal you care to share in public? My last rifle was a .308 Norma Mag. Haven't shot a rifle or pistol since, it has been about 8 years now.

I have a couple. I am fortunate enough to be able to shoot where I live. I would encourage anyone to take it up.

Ship Alone
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap