Talk about your favorite sports, hobbies, or activities.

Flip Clocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip Clocks

I'm ate up about flip clocks. It started with trying to get the clock that appeared in my favorite movie, Groundhog Day, and it turned into an obsession. It's actually a round about way that I found this forum. In working to create a forum about flip clocks (collecting, buying, selling, restoring) I kept running into a guy named that turned out to be William on the forum about forum software. So, I kept checking out his forum since he seemed to know what he was doing. So here I am, now a member of this forum.
    In my hobby, I spend lots of time making YouTube "how to" videos, helping with other's questions about restoration of flip clocks, and actually fixing some peoples clock's for free. Crazy, but I love helping people. I've got flip clock friends on about every continent I think.
    So that's what I do. Besides work.
    And thanks William for such a great forum!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RC6025_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	11992

Panasonic RC-6025 - the "Groundhog Day" clock.

Interesting hobby. I looked up the meaning of flip clocks. When I heard you say "flip clocks" I thought you were meaning "flip cars" or "flip houses". Another words to turn over and sell for a profit. Then I thought it was something to do with daylight saving time, a popular expression is to be sure to flip your clocks back. Then I see it is actually a design of clock and name brand. Looks like you have a lot to work with in regards to marketing!

You also have my curiosity too. Which forums?

Thank you for becoming a member! I look forward to our fellowship and knowing you better Mackey.

God bless
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      You also have my curiosity too. Which forums?
      I have seen your posts on the vBulletin support forum.

Ha! We "Flip Clock Fans" don't want to market. That would just be more competition on eBay!
      Comment>

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
        I have seen your posts on the vBulletin support forum.

Ha! We "Flip Clock Fans" don't want to market. That would just be more competition on eBay!

Mackey
        I see that it's mainly Amazon, Ebay, and another store that are in the top 4 when searching Google. Betcha ya could get that number one spot Mackey! ;)

I can see your forum now, how to tutorials, auction for parts, trading, etc etc etc. Looks like you found your niche!
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap