Discuss your favorite flicks as well as hot new releases.

What Christian story would you like filmed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Christian story would you like filmed?

What Christian story would you most like to see as a movie? It can be anything: a famous Christian or saint, a Bible story, something about the church. It could be something that has already been filmed, but you don't think they did a good job on it, or would like to see it remade. If there's something the should never be a movie or not remade, then feel free to mention that as well!

One I'd like to see in a few years would be a life story of the current Archbishop of York. Speaking out against Idi Amin and being imprisoned by him, condemning Mugabe and cutting up his dog collar among other things make him someone worth noting. Another would be a story of the Bible itself, the various early church councils, the conflicts, the decisions taken, and disagreements over translations that eventually lead to the modern day (if someone's already made this then please tell me as it is something I am fascinated by).

I'd like to see a movie centering on the Protestant Reformation through the life of John Calvin continued to the Synod of Dort. There are some great movies that focus in on Martin Luther, but not Calvin's contributions.

Chatterbox, "Another would be a story of the Bible itself, the various early church councils, the conflicts, the decisions taken..."

I'd hope that the movie incorporated this great documentary but only dramatized the various debates which were pivotal moments including councils: Amazing Grace - The History and Theology of Calvinism -Christforums

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I too would like to see such a movie, or perhaps a mini-series, as long as it was historically accurate, of course ;)

I'd also love to see a movie about the life and times of Servetus (which would include players like the Roman Catholics, Geneva's Libertines, and of course, Calvin and the rest of the Reformers. His real life would have all the drama and intrigue that Hollywood could ever hope for. Sadly though, we'd probably never see the truth about Servetus on the big screen because I'm sure they would portray him in a FAR, FAR better light than he deserves, and Calvin in a far worse one :( (history being more than a bit jaded at this point because of the endless ad hominem attacks on Calvin over the years .. because if you can't take down the man's theology that you disagree with, I guess you have to lie and go after the man instead).
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

I would like to see a movie about "The Last Supper" but it would be about the painting that Leonardo Da Vinci painted, that he was commissioned to do back in 1495 in a refectory,which is a dining house in a religious institution like a monastery. I think it would be interesting to see him paint this wall and the painting is bigger than you think,measuring 15 feet x 29 feet,and also they could show some of techniques he used and about his life at the time,but make it into a story,not just a documentary?
        Comment>

Adam and Eve? I think it's very challenging to come up with an interesting movie out of this couple. It would be quite hard for a filmmaker to showcase eternal happiness from these two. In our state now, it is impossible not to feel isolation when you find out there are only two of your own kind left in this world. No man is an island. But there's more to the story of Adam and Eve that truly captures the extent of human imperfections and how we have become used to a different kind of paradise. That which there is fame and fortune as compared to the simplicity of Garden of Eden. How people changed from being content to malicious.
          Comment>

I think the book of Daniel would be really cool to see as a TV series!
            Comment>

Originally posted by Trixen View Post
              Adam and Eve? I think it's very challenging to come up with an interesting movie out of this couple.
              The fact that at first they wore no clothes could also prove to be a problem.
              Clyde Herrin's Blog
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap