Discuss your favorite flicks as well as hot new releases.

Lion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion

"A Long Way Home" is a memoir written in 2013 by Saroo Brierley. An international best seller, it was made into a film in 2016 called "Lion" ("Saroo" means lion in Hindi). It has been nominated for many awards, including Best Picture.

The book and film recall Saroo's amazing story.... a five-year-old boy in rural India who becomes lost and.... amazingly.... ends up in Calcutta, some 1500 miles from home. A little, lost boy - he lives in the streets (along with thousands of other homeless children) and in spite of life-threatening realities everywhere, survives for several months. A good turn or two results in him being adopted by people in Australia. Some 20 years later, entirely by using tools on the Internet - he finds his home (in spite of not knowing his own last name, his mother's name - and incorrectly "knowing" the name of his village). An amazing but true story.

I highly recommend the book and the film

Thanks Josiah, that does sound like a winner :) I'll let you know what I think once I'm able to see it!

--David
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Yes I've seen this film and it was amazing! A very touching movie and it made me cry. The little boy in the film really did a great job in portraying as the young Saroo. I really like Nicole Kidman and Dev Patel and they also did an amazing job in this film. I haven't read the book yet but I would definitely recommend this film for those who haven't seen it yet :)
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap