Discuss your favorite flicks as well as hot new releases.

Hacksaw ridge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hacksaw ridge

    My wife and I went to see this movie. Mel Gibson is the person behind this movie, and we have heard he has made a change in the movies he is bring out. After the Passion of Christ, I was hoping for good movies coming from him. We already know it was about a man who saved 75 men in WW II but beyond that we did not know much.

    This a an excellent true story movie. It is as true to actual war as one could possibly imagine. There is no foul language as one would actually experience in real life, so from that point the movie is not accurate.(thank goodness) This movie is very, very accurate when I comes to the carnage men endured at Hacksaw Ridge. This is not a movie for children and that must be taken seriously! To be blunt Gibson did not pretty up how men actually got mangled and terribly wounded in this true to life event story. This is not a movie for those who have PTST or have tender spirits. There are graphic scene's of men mangled and terribly damaged by all the elements of war. I caution you that this is a movie that is true to how it was. The "R" rating is for the violence. There is once scene of a mans naked behind and no nudity.

    My wife says she closed her eyes about twenty times because of the graphic scenes of mangled bodies. I watched it all. I spent nine months in a Naval Hospital during the Vietnam Conflict, I witnessed the end results war so in some ways I was a little prepared for the graphic scenes. Gibson did an excellent accurate recreation of the events of Hacksaw Ridge.

    The determination of this man to stay faithful to his commitment never to touch a weapon again, as he promised God is the basis of this movie. What he endured in the Army boot camp was nothing short of brutal discrimination against his faith. The true story of this hero is almost unbelievable. For any one person to save seventy five men's lives is best described as AWESOME.

    I do highly recommend seeing this movie for some people. I think those in Washington DC that are so willing to send men and now women into harms way should be required to watch Hacksaw Ridge before voting to enter so called "Conflicts" or as "Advisors" and sending our troops outside the USA. I would like Christians to see this so they would be faithful to pray for the protection our people in the Military Service, especially for Christians and their faith in Christ.

    There are some who should not see this movie most definitely. Never take a child to see this IMO. With one to ten I give this movie a solid ten in reminding us what a true hero is, and how terrible war is.

  • #2
    Oh man, now I really want to see this movie. And thank you for your service justme. HOw was Andrew Garfield's acting?
    Comment>

    • #3
      Originally posted by justme View Post
      My wife and I went to see this movie. Mel Gibson is the person behind this movie, and we have heard he has made a change in the movies he is bring out. After the Passion of Christ, I was hoping for good movies coming from him. We already know it was about a man who saved 75 men in WW II but beyond that we did not know much.

      This a an excellent true story movie. It is as true to actual war as one could possibly imagine. There is no foul language as one would actually experience in real life, so from that point the movie is not accurate.(thank goodness) This movie is very, very accurate when I comes to the carnage men endured at Hacksaw Ridge. This is not a movie for children and that must be taken seriously! To be blunt Gibson did not pretty up how men actually got mangled and terribly wounded in this true to life event story. This is not a movie for those who have PTST or have tender spirits. There are graphic scene's of men mangled and terribly damaged by all the elements of war. I caution you that this is a movie that is true to how it was. The "R" rating is for the violence. There is once scene of a mans naked behind and no nudity.

      My wife says she closed her eyes about twenty times because of the graphic scenes of mangled bodies. I watched it all. I spent nine months in a Naval Hospital during the Vietnam Conflict, I witnessed the end results war so in some ways I was a little prepared for the graphic scenes. Gibson did an excellent accurate recreation of the events of Hacksaw Ridge.

      The determination of this man to stay faithful to his commitment never to touch a weapon again, as he promised God is the basis of this movie. What he endured in the Army boot camp was nothing short of brutal discrimination against his faith. The true story of this hero is almost unbelievable. For any one person to save seventy five men's lives is best described as AWESOME.

      I do highly recommend seeing this movie for some people. I think those in Washington DC that are so willing to send men and now women into harms way should be required to watch Hacksaw Ridge before voting to enter so called "Conflicts" or as "Advisors" and sending our troops outside the USA. I would like Christians to see this so they would be faithful to pray for the protection our people in the Military Service, especially for Christians and their faith in Christ.

      There are some who should not see this movie most definitely. Never take a child to see this IMO. With one to ten I give this movie a solid ten in reminding us what a true hero is, and how terrible war is.
      My favorite movie genre is war. Love stories today are nothing but fornication etc. War though, much virtue: acts of valor, honor, loyalty, discipline, respect, courage etc. I tear up whenever I identify a selfless act, a man laying down his life for his fellow man. There is no greater love than this.

      God bless,
      William
      Comment>

      • #4
        Originally posted by William View Post

        My favorite movie genre is war. Love stories today are nothing but fornication etc. War though, much virtue: acts of valor, honor, loyalty, discipline, respect, courage etc. I tear up whenever I identify a selfless act, a man laying down his life for his fellow man. There is no greater love than this.

        God bless,
        William
        John 15:13. I hear ya; I cried a little at the end of "Act of Valor"
        Comment>

        • #5
          I am not sure who this Andrew is, but the acting was very real to life.
          Comment>

          • #6
            Originally posted by justme View Post
            I am not sure who this Andrew is, but the acting was very real to life.
            He played Spider-Man in that last two movies, which I think are better than many critics gave them credit for.
            Comment>

            • #7
              What did he do in Haksaw?
              Comment>

              • #8
                He is the main character. The rather skinny kid that looks like a good stiff breeze could blow him over.
                Comment>

                • #9
                  I don't remember him, sorry. I am always looking for clean movies to watch.
                  Comment>

                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Knotical View Post

                    He played Spider-Man in that last two movies, which I think are better than many critics gave them credit for.
                    Seriously, agreed.
                    Comment>

                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post

                      Seriously, agreed.
                      They need Andrew to play Spider Man in an upcoming Avenger film. The modest character outside of his mask makes for an interesting parallel to Captain America. That is, unlike Thor and Iron Man, those characters are pretty pompous.

                      God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

                      • #12
                        Originally posted by William View Post

                        They need Andrew to play Spider Man in an upcoming Avenger film. The modest character outside of his mask makes for an interesting parallel to Captain America. That is, unlike Thor and Iron Man, those characters are pretty pompous.

                        God bless,
                        William
                        Yeah, this new spider man in "civil war" wasn't who I was hoping for.
                        Comment>

                        • #13
                          My wife and I just watched 'civil war" . It makes no sense to us. The senseless acts of violence and destruction was so dumb for us. It was very difficult to follow and understand. By the way was Captain America a good or bad guy in this film? We felt as seniors maybe we just did not have a clue about the movie.
                          Comment>

                          • #14
                            Originally posted by justme View Post
                            My wife and I just watched 'civil war" . It makes no sense to us. The senseless acts of violence and destruction was so dumb for us. It was very difficult to follow and understand. By the way was Captain America a good or bad guy in this film? We felt as seniors maybe we just did not have a clue about the movie.
                            G'evening justme,

                            I have seen all the Avenger films up until Civil War. Haven't watched the whole thing yet. I have also seen all the Captain America films. Yes, Captain America is supposed to be a good guy, though in this anti-nationalism age we live in many would probably have trouble with that. Captain America's character probably best belongs in the 1950s, but that's the fun about his persona. In previous films he went down in the antarctic, and was frozen until this modern age. He is like a time capsule, reminding us of the climate of America when Conservatism ran rampant and any affiliation with Communism/Socialism/Liberalism would of had you on trial.

                            God bless,
                            William
                            Comment>

                            • #15
                              Originally posted by William View Post

                              G'evening justme,

                              I have seen all the Avenger films up until Civil War. Haven't watched the whole thing yet. I have also seen all the Captain America films. Yes, Captain America is supposed to be a good guy, though in this anti-nationalism age we live in many would probably have trouble with that. Captain America's character probably best belongs in the 1950s, but that's the fun about his persona. In previous films he went down in the antarctic, and was frozen until this modern age. He is like a time capsule, reminding us of the climate of America when Conservatism ran rampant and any affiliation with Communism/Socialism/Liberalism would of had you on trial.

                              God bless,
                              William
                              Well said. I love when talking about Thor in Avengers, Cap said " As far as I know, there is only one God and I'm pretty sure he doesn't wear tights." Best movie quote!

                              Personally I don't like this whole good guy, bad guy thing in movies (Mk 10:18).
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap