Discuss your favorite flicks as well as hot new releases.

What is a movie critic….really?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a movie critic….really?

by Dick Rolfe, CEO – The Dove Foundation Q: Can they forecast the weather? Q: Can they predict the stock market? Q: Can they estimate the box office success of a family film? Answer to all three: Not so much. According to GeekWise.com, “A movie critic views movies in the way a restaurant critic views […]

The post What is a movie critic….really? appeared first on The Dove Foundation.

More...

A movie critic gives their opinion on movies. A reputable critic is intelligent who knows a thing or two about pop culture. They're not all knowing, but they do know movies.

Some can be harsh. Some can be too easy on cliche, corny movies. But a good critic is fair.
    Comment>

I think that sometimes they are even more harsh than they should really be, simply because they can. They do not have any respect for someones effort given to make a movie or whatever they just give their "Professional" opinion on how they see it. And that opinion is what can make a movie popular or literally destroy it. I understand that they "know a thing or two" about how it works and all but I think that their opinions are overrated really.
      Comment>

Originally posted by april View Post
        A movie critic gives their opinion on movies. A reputable critic is intelligent who knows a thing or two about pop culture. They're not all knowing, but they do know movies.

Some can be harsh. Some can be too easy on cliche, corny movies. But a good critic is fair.
        l believe a good movie critic will always hold his stand. What would be the use of positive comments only? If there are certain elements in a movie that I did not like, I would vehemently put them on the table. This will enable the producers to check on them the next time they are producing another movie. I would not be rude or mean but I would put my observations in a polite way. What is ailing most industries is sugar coating by the fans. After all, the movie producers need honest critics.
        Comment>

A good movie critic would be fair to a movie. I find that a lot of them easily deem movies as bad for silly details. While most people enjoy the movie, the critics are quick to tear the movie down. However, I understand it's their job, that they need to be honest and not all of them are like this. I'm just saying they shouldn't be our main source when deciding to watch a movie or not.
          Comment>

I think anybody can write a good movie review-but can they write a good compelling one. First of all you cannot just watch,but you need to learn to watch with a very intense eye- and some of the things to look after are the setting -and even the music as well. They are people that are allowed to attend advanced screenings-so they need to take plenty of notes including what the plot was ,and kind of summarize the whole experience but be very open minded about it.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap