Discuss your favorite flicks as well as hot new releases.

War Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Room

Yesterday I watched a DVD of the movie War Room. It tells of a woman who is having problems with her marriage, who meets an older woman who advises her to spend time praying about her marital problems instead of arguing with her husband. It shows the importance of prayer in the life of the Christian and it inspired me to spend more time praying about my problems. I recommend that every Christian watch it if he has the chance.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
    Yesterday I watched a DVD of the movie War Room. It tells of a woman who is having problems with her marriage, who meets an older woman who advises her to spend time praying about her marital problems instead of arguing with her husband. It shows the importance of prayer in the life of the Christian and it inspired me to spend more time praying about my problems. I recommend that every Christian watch it if he has the chance.
    I do believe the message of the movie is powerful! Prayer is powerful, and it was cool that it "worked" for her character. (Of course it did; it's a movie and it has to end well!)

At the time I watched it, I was going through a very difficult time with my husband. It wasn't that we were arguing; in fact, we were getting along fine. It was that he was stubbornly avoiding any relationship with Jesus, though he claimed to be a Christian (and even at this point, I can't judge and don't know whether he is or not.) The problem was that my heart was breaking for him, and he was miserable. He didn't have the same joy in Christ that I had, and it made me so sad to see that. And as far

Even now, he's at that point, though I have seen little glimpses of progress in his heart. Not to say I am perfect; FAR from it. I mean, really far from it. ;) But I had complete peace in my heart, from the Holy Spirit, that I was being submissive, prayerful, loving, encouraging, appreciative.

But I was kind of mad at the movie, because I felt like it promised a solution to her situation, when no solution is promised by God. I could pray my eyes out for the rest of my life and see no change. This is not a reason not to pray as fervently as she did, but I didn't like the feeling I got from the movie: that if you pray, God will restore your marriage.

The truth is, if you pray, you will be changed. That is the only guarantee! And sometimes, through that change, God influences those around you. And sometimes he doesn't! And still you trust in him for the rest of your life, regardless of the results (or lack thereof.)
    Comment>

Hi Listener, I loved that movie too. It's VERY well done and very believable (for the most part), and it is powerful. I did not, however, come away believing that it's message was that if we pray, God promises to give us whatever we're praying for. But you've given me an excuse to watch it again, just to be sure ;)

Thanks!

Yours and His,
      David
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

I've watched that movie and it is indeed a great and powerful film. It is definitely a must see, especially for couples who are struggling with their marriage. The war room is indeed a great idea for you to have a private place with the Lord. I was moved by this film and it made me believed more that God moves in mysterious ways. Anything is possible with Him. And I think everything happens for a reason just like what happened with the main character (Priscilla Shirer) who didn't have any clue that her client (Karen Abercrombie) will be the one to lead her back to God which will help her solve her problems with her family and will precisely save her marriage.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap