Come share a laugh with a joke, one-liners, funny stories, and thread games.

A-Z Wise Quotes & Sayings (Christian, Biblical, or Secular) + authors, if known (this game proceeds alphabetically)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Z Wise Quotes & Sayings (Christian, Biblical, or Secular) + authors, if known (this game proceeds alphabetically)

A

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away. ~Traditional from Wales 1860's

Last edited by David Lee; 07-12-2016, 08:50 PM.
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon

B

"Now this I say, he who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully. Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver." ~2 Corinthians 9:6-7

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

C

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances." ~Elisabeth Elliot

Comment>

D ("donation")

Comment>

E

"To risk reputation and affection for the truth's sake is so demanding that to do it constantly you will need a degree of moral principle that only the Spirit of God can work in you. Do not turn your back like a coward, but play the man. Follow boldly in your Master's steps, for He has made this rough journey before you. Better a brief warfare and eternal rest than false peace andeverlasting torment." -- Alistair Begg
          Comment>

"Hate can not drive out hate, only love can do that" -MLK Jr. I think that really reminds us that God will always win because God is love.
            Comment>

Originally posted by LydiaG75 View Post
              "Hate can not drive out hate, only love can do that" -MLK Jr. I think that really reminds us that God will always win because God is love.
              Hi Lydia, first off, I see you are new here, so WELCOME TO CF :) As for your quote by Dr. King, it is one of my favorites, so thank you for sharing it with us!

Also, I hope you'll keep posting in my game thread, but just to let you know, it's an A-Z game, meaning that either the first word, or a another word in the quote needs to begin with the letter of the alphabet that we're up to at that point.

Thanks!

--David

Comment>

F

"Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. love neverfails" ~1 Corinthians 13:6-8a

Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap