Come share a laugh with a joke, one-liners, funny stories, and thread games.

A-Z Wise Quotes & Sayings (Christian, Biblical, or Secular) + authors, if known (this game proceeds alphabetically)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-Z Wise Quotes & Sayings (Christian, Biblical, or Secular) + authors, if known (this game proceeds alphabetically)

A

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away. ~Traditional from Wales 1860's

Last edited by David Lee; 07-12-2016, 07:50 PM.
    Matthew 5
    16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
    12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
    1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
    15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

B

"Now this I say, he who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully. Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver." ~2 Corinthians 9:6-7
    Matthew 5
    16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
    12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
    1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
    15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
    Comment>

C

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances." ~Elisabeth Elliot
      Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3
      Comment>

D ("donation")

Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3
        Comment>

E

"To risk reputation and affection for the truth's sake is so demanding that to do it constantly you will need a degree of moral principle that only the Spirit of God can work in you. Do not turn your back like a coward, but play the man. Follow boldly in your Master's steps, for He has made this rough journey before you. Better a brief warfare and eternal rest than false peace andeverlasting torment." -- Alistair Begg
          Comment>

"Hate can not drive out hate, only love can do that" -MLK Jr. I think that really reminds us that God will always win because God is love.
            Comment>

Originally posted by LydiaG75 View Post
              "Hate can not drive out hate, only love can do that" -MLK Jr. I think that really reminds us that God will always win because God is love.
              Hi Lydia, first off, I see you are new here, so WELCOME TO CF :) As for your quote by Dr. King, it is one of my favorites, so thank you for sharing it with us!

Also, I hope you'll keep posting in my game thread, but just to let you know, it's an A-Z game, meaning that either the first word, or a another word in the quote needs to begin with the letter of the alphabet that we're up to at that point.

Thanks!

--David
              Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3
              Comment>

F

"Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. love neverfails" ~1 Corinthians 13:6-8a
                Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap