Come share a laugh with a joke, one-liners, funny stories, and thread games.

Favorite Christian Metal Bands!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Christian Metal Bands!

Howdy Folks! This is my first post to this forum, and I'd thought I'd start a fun topic for those of us Christians who love Heavy Metal Music! I'm not mentioning any bands that have evil, demonic ties to the dark side, just positive and spiritual bands that happen to have a heavy sound. There are some great ones out there. Here are my top 5 favorite Christian Metal bands of all time.

5.Creed
    4.Demon hunter
    3.Believer
    2.POD
    1. Stryper - The band that started it all for Christian heavy metal music. They showed the world that Heavy Metal can be both positive, enlightening, and honor the name of the Holy Spirit, while still rocking loud and heavy!!!

What are some of your favorites? I'm a huge music fan, and would love to discover some new Christian bands to listen too!

I am not so sure that Creed could be considered a Christian metal band. I do believe I had heard they started out as a Christian band, but they became more secular.

Personally, I don't much care for Christian hard rock, though there are some good Christian bands.
    Comment>

I can't say that I've heard one. The only name that vaguely rings a bell is Stryper, but I don't believe I've heard any of their music, and I could be confusing them with something else. In my faith tradition, the music is often acapella and with older hymns.

P.S. Demon Hunter sounds like a creepy name. :eek:
      Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
        I am not so sure that Creed could be considered a Christian metal band. I do believe I had heard they started out as a Christian band, but they became more secular.

Personally, I don't much care for Christian hard rock, though there are some good Christian bands.
        There is no doubt that the lead singer for Creed, Scott Stapp is Christian. Having said that, his dad was a Pastor or elder at a church. His views more align with Scripture than some "dedicated" Christian bands. Even U2 could be considered Christian by this standard, but of course.

Interesting short write up on Scott Stapp: The Confessions of Scott Stapp | Christianity Today

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

There is no doubt that the lead singer for Creed, Scott Stapp is Christian. Having said that, his dad was a Pastor or elder at a church. His views more align with Scripture than some "dedicated" Christian bands. Even U2 could be considered Christian by this standard, but of course.

Interesting short write up on Scott Stapp: The Confessions of Scott Stapp | Christianity Today

God bless,
          William
          The problem with Scott Stapp, though, is his battle with bipolar disorder. This has caused some major conflicts with his family and his former band mates.

I have heard the Bono of U2 is Christian, though I do have to wonder about some of the lyrics of his songs from the 80's.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap