Fitness, nutrition and medical information for men and women that will help you get active, eat right and improve your overall wellbeing. Share your health and fitness concerns and get support and advice.

Depression SUCKS

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faber View Post
    Constantly commune with Jesus about your problems.

Physical exercise can be helpful as well.
    Just walking has a way of pulling me out from self-absorption. Usually 15 - 30 minutes into the walk my mind clears. It gets crowded up in there some times, and I find a lengthy walk does wonders for my mental health.

Couple that with prayer, and after a length of time during my walk and just talking to God I gain a new perspective on situations. I think God's will, will be done no matter what, but I know it pleases God for me to pray to Him and communicate. I get more out of our conversations than anything else :)

Amos 3:3 “Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?" We walk and walk and walk, but in the end I hope that I'll always agree with God.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I struggle with depression a lot as well. I go for walks, listen to music, try to keep my mind occupied, as I have a bad habit of living inside my own head.

And prayer, of course.

Exercise releases endorphines that make you feel better though, plus it's just plain good for your body.
      Comment>

My heart goes out to anyone who is struggling with depression. My fiancé has been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. And very sadly our pastor has told us that he won't marry us because of his battle with depression. He said that my fiancé's battle with depression is demonic and that because of it he can't be the spiritual head of the household. We love our pastor and we're heartbroken about his decision. :(
        Comment>

Originally posted by awellwisher View Post
          My heart goes out to anyone who is struggling with depression. My fiancé has been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. And very sadly our pastor has told us that he won't marry us because of his battle with depression. He said that my fiancé's battle with depression is demonic and that because of it he can't be the spiritual head of the household. We love our pastor and we're heartbroken about his decision. :(
          If this is what your pastor teaches perhaps you should consider changing churches. I know what depression is like because I have experienced it. Suffering from depression might make it harder for someone to serve God but it doesn't mean he isn't a Christian or that he is controlled be a demon. Here are two threads about depression on this forum. Perhaps reading them might help you understand the condition better.

What does the Bible say about Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depression? - Christforums

Making The Church A Safe Place For Mental Illness - Christforums

I will pray that your fiance will find the help he needs to overcome his problem and that the two of you will have a happy life together as husband and wife.

Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Depression is one of the most popular silent killers, a lot of people are misinformed and are actually ignorant in this subject, it might seem like it's easy to deal with, but it takes over your life and makes you useless.
            Comment>

I have a friend that claims that he has depression, but I know that what he has is not a depression but also a borderline personality. It is a very tricky thing and I have tried a lot of things to help him out but it just doesn't work.While in a crowd of friends or with his girlfriend, he is great, but the moment he gets alone at home, he does nothing, and spends his time fighting with his girlfriend via Skype or watching YouTube clips. Of course he had an unfortunate series of events that made him the way he is now, but I would like to help him out and I don't know how. The problem is, he has always been manic depressive, but for instance me and my friend never thought that he was ill before, we always knew he was full of energy and jumpy, until he just loses it and sits down, like someone turned him off. I would like to be able to give you some advice but try to stay surrounded with people a lot, and don't think negative. Do some physical exercise, ride a bike or run, that clears a head a lot. I know that you must feel alone but know that you are not.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Zero View Post
                Depression is one of the most popular silent killers, a lot of people are misinformed and are actually ignorant in this subject, it might seem like it's easy to deal with, but it takes over your life and makes you useless.
                There is not a single human being who does not face problems, which means that everyone could succumb to depression. But for Christians it is an issue that needs to be dealt with on a spiritual basis.

Essentially depression is a mental condition which is brought about by focusing our thoughts on (1) ourselves and our problems, (2) depressing events, and (3) the negativity that is being DELIBERATELY broadcast by the media.

So the antidote for depression is to control our thoughts and apply the Scriptures to ourselves. The apostle Paul has already provided an anti-depressant in Philippians 4:4-9 (KJV):

1. FOCUS ON THE LORD AND REJOICE IN HIM

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

2. EXERCISE REASONABLENESS, GENTLENESS, AND FAIRNESS

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

3. STOP WORRYING AND FRETTING, BUT PRAY INSTEAD

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

4. EXPERIENCE THE PEACE OF GOD AS A RESULT

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

5. FOCUS ONLY ON THAT WHICH IS POSITIVE

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things arelovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there beany praise, think on these things.

6. FOLLOW PAUL'S EXAMPLE

Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Comment>

See a shrink! Meds helped me.
                  Comment>

If one is not careful it's somewhat easy for some people to sink into a state of depression. it's best not to mope around feeling sorry for yourself when things are not going your way. You just got to realize that just being down in the dumps will not help the situation. It's better to talk to God about your problem. and be active as much as you can to eliminate the stress, just try to take things as it might come.
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap