Depression SUCKS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faber View Post
    Constantly commune with Jesus about your problems.

Physical exercise can be helpful as well.
    Just walking has a way of pulling me out from self-absorption. Usually 15 - 30 minutes into the walk my mind clears. It gets crowded up in there some times, and I find a lengthy walk does wonders for my mental health.

Couple that with prayer, and after a length of time during my walk and just talking to God I gain a new perspective on situations. I think God's will, will be done no matter what, but I know it pleases God for me to pray to Him and communicate. I get more out of our conversations than anything else

Amos 3:3 “Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?" We walk and walk and walk, but in the end I hope that I'll always agree with God.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I struggle with depression a lot as well. I go for walks, listen to music, try to keep my mind occupied, as I have a bad habit of living inside my own head.

And prayer, of course.

Exercise releases endorphines that make you feel better though, plus it's just plain good for your body.
      Comment>

My heart goes out to anyone who is struggling with depression. My fiancé has been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. And very sadly our pastor has told us that he won't marry us because of his battle with depression. He said that my fiancé's battle with depression is demonic and that because of it he can't be the spiritual head of the household. We love our pastor and we're heartbroken about his decision.
        Comment>

Originally posted by awellwisher View Post
          My heart goes out to anyone who is struggling with depression. My fiancé has been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. And very sadly our pastor has told us that he won't marry us because of his battle with depression. He said that my fiancé's battle with depression is demonic and that because of it he can't be the spiritual head of the household. We love our pastor and we're heartbroken about his decision.
          If this is what your pastor teaches perhaps you should consider changing churches. I know what depression is like because I have experienced it. Suffering from depression might make it harder for someone to serve God but it doesn't mean he isn't a Christian or that he is controlled be a demon. Here are two threads about depression on this forum. Perhaps reading them might help you understand the condition better.

What does the Bible say about Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depression? -Christforums

Making The Church A Safe Place For Mental Illness -Christforums

I will pray that your fiance will find the help he needs to overcome his problem and that the two of you will have a happy life together as husband and wife.

Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Depression is one of the most popular silent killers, a lot of people are misinformed and are actually ignorant in this subject, it might seem like it's easy to deal with, but it takes over your life and makes you useless.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap