Fitness, nutrition and medical information for men and women that will help you get active, eat right and improve your overall wellbeing. Share your health and fitness concerns and get support and advice.

MS and Other Autoimmune Disease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS and Other Autoimmune Disease

I have MS (multiple sclerosis) and was wondering if anyone else here has MS or another autoimmune disease.

I was diagnosed three years ago. I'd been having some weakness in my legs, but I was convinced it was in my head and I just needed to exercise more. Then one morning I woke up and couldn't walk at all. I received my diagnosis soon after.

After a lot of physical therapy, medication, and time, I've reached a remission! I can do almost everything I was able to before. I still drive my car with hand controls because my legs can spasm unpredictably, and I keep my wheelchair in my van "just in case." But it is so nice to be healthy and I'll never take it for granted again!

There isn't a cure for MS, and it's likely I'll eventually relapse again.

My spiritual experience with this journey has been amazing. I, a 26 year old married woman, watched women older than me cleaning my house and cooking for my husband and me. It was heartwarming; it was terribly humbling.

You know what's funny? I've never felt the urge to pray for healing. In fact, I am just so filled with gratitude, because God has provided me with every earthly and spiritual tool to get through this to his glory. I'm surrounded by Christian family and friends, full of prayerful, emotional, and practical support. I am so blessed to have experienced what I did, and then get to enjoy this season of good health! I do pray I put it to productive use, though!

Do you have an autoimmune disease or a chronic illness? Know someone who does?

Hi Listener, I'm very sorry to hear about your MS, but your attitude about it is tremendous. If you'd like me to, I'd be happy to pray for you.

You asked about autoimmune diseases. Our 17 yr old son, Jonathan, has a terrible one, Lyme Disease. Did you want to talk about it? If so, I'd be happy to as I'm on a bit of a mission to get the word out about how to recognize it, and what to do if you find that you're infected (because it's everywhere in the world now :().

Thanks! Just let me know :)

In Christ,
    David
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Nice share
      MIDTrans
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap