Tap the technical and computer knowledge of other experienced users. Find information on computers and technological topics.

Windows 7, Windows 8, windows 10 which version is the most stable windows operating stystem

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7, Windows 8, windows 10 which version is the most stable windows operating stystem

I would like to know which version is windows os is the most stable operating system?

Originally posted by ongoro2001 View Post
    I would like to know which version is windows os is the most stable operating system?
    8 to 10 have been non problematic for me. In an OS I want transparency, that is, I want to be able to do what I want work wise without having to work on the OS or related errors day to day. Since I have upgraded from 8 to 10 I haven't a single error.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I still think that Windows 7 is the most stable one. I tried all three of them and Windows 10 was great in the beginning but then it went all downwards when they deployed the first big update. It started bugging a lot and yet, it is not fixed. I am thinking about going back to Windows 7, since Windows 10 is worse with every update. Windows 8 was fine, but hard to coordinate. They changed it's interface which was not great at all. The idea of it was fine, but for tablets and mobile phones, it was not for PCs.
      Comment>

Windows 7 will always be significant to me. I have used it throughout the years and I can say that it suited me perfectly. However, as they say, that nothing is good as a change, I recently upgraded to Windows 10. so far it is crispier and I love it .The graphics are rich and I can almost customise everything on my machine. It is also simple just like Windows 7 was.
        Comment>

I would also add now that my computer started freezing randomly since the last Windows 10 update. This happened before as well, and passed by itself. Now, it started again. I really don't know how to fix that, and I see a lot of people complaining about it so, this just adds to everything I said about 10, it ain't that good. Not yet at least. And I am really disappointed because of these freezes.
          Comment>

Well, I am using Windows 7 and I'm satisfied by it, I don't intend to change it very soon, only if my PC crash. My friends are using windows 7 and they have the same opinion as me. I heard that Windows 10 is not that good, besides, it occupies most of your memory.
            Comment>

I've had better luck with 7 than 10.
              Comment>

Originally posted by wallet View Post
                Well, I am using Windows 7 and I'm satisfied by it, I don't intend to change it very soon, only if my PC crash. My friends are using windows 7 and they have the same opinion as me. I heard that Windows 10 is not that good, besides, it occupies most of your memory.
                Pre-allocation (iirc it does this) isn't really the same as occupation.
                Comment>

I have zero issues with Windows 10. I'm just glad Windows 8 is a distant memory. Then again, I could probably get the same results from a Chromebook. I want my OS and PC to be totally transparent allowing me to do the online work I need to get done. This is a far cry from the past when I was into overclocking and system tweaking. I was constantly working on the hardware/software of my PC as a hobby. My focus has now shifted from off my desk to a server.

The extent of applications that I use in the Windows environment is nothing more than a text editor or Notepad ++ to edit PHP files. I do not game etc, so perhaps any big issues that others face I haven't experienced.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                    I have zero issues with Windows 10. I'm just glad Windows 8 is a distant memory. Then again, I could probably get the same results from a Chromebook. I want my OS and PC to be totally transparent allowing me to do the online work I need to get done. This is a far cry from the past when I was into overclocking and system tweaking. I was constantly working on the hardware/software of my PC as a hobby. My focus has now shifted from off my desk to a server.

The extent of applications that I use in the Windows environment is nothing more than a text editor or Notepad ++ to edit PHP files. I do not game etc, so perhaps any big issues that others face I haven't experienced.

God bless,
                    William

I still OC :) IB @ 4.3 (was 4.5; replacement board hates me).

GTX 980 OCed too.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by LostWanderer View Post

I still OC :) IB @ 4.3 (was 4.5; replacement board hates me).

GTX 980 OCed too.
                      Was @ 4.1 ghz a decade ago with a P4 2.4 processor. Amazing what a peltier and water can do at near zero Celsius to a cpu. I now have a..... get this. An all in one computer where the hardware is built into the slim monitor. Added 2 gigs of ram which was no easy feat about a year ago. Splitting the device was hair pulling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	50805

God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

Originally posted by LostWanderer View Post
                        replacement board hates me
                        I have experienced that in the past. It is important to measure clock speeds at temperatures. If your clock speeds were x during the winter months it is no surprise y lower clock speeds can only be reached during the summer. Not to mention degrading power supplies can become an issue too.

I moved away from air years before I stopped overclocking. Even water has some fluctuation because the water is cooled by air, the water never dips below air temperature, and not to mention the board or North Bridge and South Bridges are generally not cooled as well as the CPU. Best devices back then were enclosed refrigerator units that cooled the entire board and cpu. I imagine the price is completely reasonable by now.

I see Vapochill is still in business. The pricing hasn't fallen, but the units are the same: Asetek VapoChill LightSpeed Vapor Phase Change System Review - Page: 1 | EXTREME Overclocking | Tweaking Enthusiast PC Hardware Product Reviews And News

Check out those CPU temperatures. Minus 11 Celsius under load.

God bless,
                        William
                        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

I have experienced that in the past. It is important to measure clock speeds at temperatures. If your clock speeds were x during the winter months it is no surprise y lower clock speeds can only be reached during the summer. Not to mention degrading power supplies can become an issue too.

I moved away from air years before I stopped overclocking. Even water has some fluctuation because the water is cooled by air, the water never dips below air temperature, and not to mention the board or North Bridge and South Bridges are generally not cooled as well as the CPU. Best devices back then were enclosed refrigerator units that cooled the entire board and cpu. I imagine the price is completely reasonable by now.

I see Vapochill is still in business. The pricing hasn't fallen, but the units are the same: Asetek VapoChill LightSpeed Vapor Phase Change System Review - Page: 1 | EXTREME Overclocking | Tweaking Enthusiast PC Hardware Product Reviews And News

Check out those CPU temperatures. Minus 11 Celsius under load.

God bless,
                          William
                          I only do mild OCs (i.e. 3.3 -> 4.0). I use an NH-D14 ;)
                          Comment>

I use Windows 7 and Windows 10 and both are pretty good and have been stable for me.
                            Comment>

We are all Windows 10 now, both at home, at the office and at church. The only problem we've had was a corporate McAfee compatibility issue with the anniversary edition of W10, but McAfee fixed that pretty quickly. Other than that it's worked pretty much flawlessly on all of our computers, whether they came with W10 installed, or were upgraded to it.
                              Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap