Tap the technical and computer knowledge of other experienced users. Find information on computers and technological topics.

Grammarly for Chrome - Firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammarly for Chrome - Firefox

Check your spelling and grammar as you type. Boost your credibility everywhere you write!
    Grammarly's free writing app makes sure everything you type is easy to read, effective, and mistake-free. Adding Grammarly to Chrome means that your spelling and grammar will be vetted on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, and nearly everywhere else you write on the web. Once you register your new account, you will start to receive weekly emails with personalized insights and performance stats (one of our most popular new features). Working on a large project, an essay, or a blog post? No sweat. You can create and store all of your documents in your new online editor.

★ Contextual spelling checker Grammarly detects correctly spelled words used in the wrong context. You can stop worrying about misusing homophones like lose/loose, affect/effect, lie/lay, there/their/they’re, and many other commonly confused words.
    ★ Grammar checker Grammarly can fix hundreds of complex grammatical errors, including subject-verb agreement, article use, and modifier placement, to name just a few.
    ★ Trusted by millions of users Grammarly is trusted by students, writers, business professionals, bloggers, and plenty of people who just want to write better. Grammarly adapts to your needs and writing style, giving you the confidence of mistake-free communication every time you write.
    ★ Grammarly in the news Forbes: “Grammarly quickly and easily makes your writing better and makes you sound like a pro, or at least helps you avoid looking like a fool.” Harvard Business Review: “...good grammar is instrumental in conveying ideas with clarity, professionalism, and precision...Good grammar is simply good business.” ABC News: “Poor grammar is just as offensive as gross pick-up lines.”
    ★ Grammarly Premium If you want to supercharge your writing performance and leave no error unchecked, Grammarly Premium is your answer. Here’s what you can do with Premium:

➤ Check for over a hundred additional types of errors
    ➤ Enable or disable checking on domains (websites) of your choice
    ➤ Get vocabulary enhancement suggestions
    ➤ Detect plagiarism and get citation suggestions
    ➤ Get suggestions for different writing styles, including academic, technical, and creative

Free Grammar Checker | Grammarly

I just added this to my Firefox Browser. Seems to be a lot more in depth with more tools than the default Firefox spell check.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I have been thinking of getting Grammarly. After you work with a few days let me know what you think.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
        I have been thinking of getting Grammarly. After you work with a few days let me know what you think.
        I actually installed the app to improve my punctuation. It doesn't appear to edit my sentence structure - I'd have to upgrade to a higher tier package other than the free download to do so.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Grammarly works perfectly on Google Chrome. I have installed the Grammarly on Firefox but I am having a problem while using it. I agree with William that it is better to upgrade the free package. The paid version would be perfect and would have a lot of other features that are not available on free one.
          Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
            Check your spelling and grammar as you type. Boost your credibility everywhere you write!
            Grammarly's free writing app makes sure everything you type is easy to read, effective, and mistake-free. Adding Grammarly to Chrome means that your spelling and grammar will be vetted on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, and nearly everywhere else you write on the web. Once you register your new account, you will start to receive weekly emails with personalized insights and performance stats (one of our most popular new features). Working on a large project, an essay, or a blog post? No sweat. You can create and store all of your documents in your new online editor.

★ Contextual spelling checker Grammarly detects correctly spelled words used in the wrong context. You can stop worrying about misusing homophones like lose/loose, affect/effect, lie/lay, there/their/they’re, and many other commonly confused words.
            ★ Grammar checker Grammarly can fix hundreds of complex grammatical errors, including subject-verb agreement, article use, and modifier placement, to name just a few.
            ★ Trusted by millions of users Grammarly is trusted by students, writers, business professionals, bloggers, and plenty of people who just want to write better. Grammarly adapts to your needs and writing style, giving you the confidence of mistake-free communication every time you write.
            ★ Grammarly in the news Forbes: “Grammarly quickly and easily makes your writing better and makes you sound like a pro, or at least helps you avoid looking like a fool.” Harvard Business Review: “...good grammar is instrumental in conveying ideas with clarity, professionalism, and precision...Good grammar is simply good business.” ABC News: “Poor grammar is just as offensive as gross pick-up lines.”
            ★ Grammarly Premium If you want to supercharge your writing performance and leave no error unchecked, Grammarly Premium is your answer. Here’s what you can do with Premium:

➤ Check for over a hundred additional types of errors
            ➤ Enable or disable checking on domains (websites) of your choice
            ➤ Get vocabulary enhancement suggestions
            ➤ Detect plagiarism and get citation suggestions
            ➤ Get suggestions for different writing styles, including academic, technical, and creative

Free Grammar Checker | Grammarly
            When I purchased a laptop earlier this year, the first software I installed was Grammarly. I am using the free version and I can confidently say that it has helped me improve my written English a lot. I am saving up on some cash and I hope to upgrade to the premium version. I believe this will give me more command of the queen's language. The good thing is that even with the free version, at the end of the week you get an analysis of your work. You get the words that you have a problem with the most. They tell you how many words you have written, how you are fairing with other writers and how to improve. I think that this is the best software around. None beats it.
            Comment>

William, have you also noticed an issue when in admin mode editing an html module?

Does some funny stuff on me.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Silas View Post
                William, have you also noticed an issue when in admin mode editing an html module?

Does some funny stuff on me.
                Yes, and while performing other admin functions. I uninstalled Grammarly because of the issues which arose during administrative edits.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap