Tap the technical and computer knowledge of other experienced users. Find information on computers and technological topics.

Vbulletin 5 and Cloudflare Rocket Loader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vbulletin 5 and Cloudflare Rocket Loader

Recently I decided to try Cloudflare's Rocket Loader. The only problem I could find was a non functional uploader in Vbulletin's Ckeditor and general warnings concerning the Ckeditor. The solution was simple, just create a "page rule" in Cloudflare and exclude rocket loader from the uploader and also the Ckeditor:

Click image for larger version

Name:	page rule.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	21246

Name:	Ckeditor.jpg
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	21250

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	21413

Here's a screen shot of how to find the url in your browser. Hit F12 and go to network. Reload the page and you should be able to find the uploader after you activate it in Ckeditor:

Name:	uploader.jpg
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	21245

I ended up creating a page rule to disable Rocket Loader on any page with the editor.

Name:	Page Rules.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	28735

Comment>

William, what is the benefits of cloudfare?
      Comment>

Originally posted by Silas View Post
        William, what is the benefits of cloudfare?
        Hey there Silas,

Cloudflare acts as a CDN/Proxy around the world. So it distributes your sites content to various points located throughout. If someone is in Japan and Cloudflare has a server in Japan your site distributes from Japan or the nearest server. Rocket Loader is an optional Cloudflare feature that works its magic on js. Your best bet is to go to Cloudflare's website, but I can say that my page load times increased in performance by 3-5 seconds on avg. I now use the Cloudflare Pro tier which also provides a firewall. The basic Cloudflare package is free, and includes dns.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cloudflare-network-map-800px.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	28773

I am located in Scotts Valley next to San Jose. So when I access the site, Cloudflare is actually serving me from San Jose just located 30 minutes from me instead of Chicago where the actual server is located.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

So it acts like mirrors of your site. I can see how that would speed things up a bit.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap