Discuss popular authors and favorite books. Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers.

10 books on a desert island.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 books on a desert island.

If you were stranded on a desert island and you could chose to have 10 books what would they be?

And how on earth would get 10 books on a deser island? Lol.

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
    If you were stranded on a desert island and you could chose to have 10 books what would they be?

And how on earth would get 10 books on a deser island? Lol.
    Why so many books?

Well, nine would be from Scripture, and Calvin's Christian Institutes would be the tenth. As for my first two, number one would be John, and then Romans. I'd have to sort through which books (7 others) those two books made allusions.

Now, if you only asked for Five Books, I'd say by deserting Moses or John on an island. Both wrote five literary works in our Bibles

So to answer your question, I'd get ten books on a deserted island by sending John to find Moses.

God bless,
    William

Comment

Being stranded on a deserted island. Well -- remember Gilligan's Island from many decades back? Their 4-hour tour turned out to be how many years stranded.

Since I'm a book reader -- I'd be taking my Bible. And some medical mystery books. But -- that would Probably mean no electricity -- no Computer -- no TV. Maybe I'd better Not get stranded.

There's a story about 3 guys who Did get stranded on an island. One of them found a bottle -- they rubbed it and out popped a genie -- they were told they could have one wish appease. The 1st guy wished he could be back home -- poof. He was gone. The 2nd guy wished for another location -- poof, he was Also gone. The 3rd guy looked around and realized the other two were gone and he'd be lonesome there by himself. So he wished for the other two to be Back. And poof -- they came back. Very Mad !!!!

Moral of that story -- choose your traveling companions carefully.

Comment

My Bible (I would count loosely and call it 9 books) + any 1 random Patrick McManus. The books would arrive by stork (if they can bring babies, they can bring books).

Comment

• Sue D.
          Sue D. commented
          Editing a comment
          What Bible do you have with only 9 books? Most have 66.

Ah -- hmmm -- you Do know where babies Really come from.... don't you :)

• Sue D.
          Sue D. commented
          Editing a comment
          Or are you saying that you'd choose 9 of your favorite books of the Bible -- they'd have to be in loose-leaf form, though.

Lets see, My Life Application NASB bible, my NKJ Bible, My ESV Bible, My HCSB, and NASB Exhaustive Commentary, , Bible Dictionary, A Dictionary, Solar Panels so I could use my computer, my computer, Cell phone, I know not all are books but its all related to knowing everything I need. But I would also like a 210 year supply of food, I doubt I will live more than 10 years.

Comment

• Sue D.
          Sue D. commented
          Editing a comment
          You even included solar panels. In order to use your cell phone -- wouldn't you need the cell phone towers? Don't know of any cell phone tower companies that put their towers on 'far away deserted islands'.

So you'd probably be out of luck with your cell phone or Smart Phone for communication.

Originally posted by Just Mike View Post
        Lets see, My Life Application NASB bible, my NKJ Bible, My ESV Bible, My HCSB, and NASB Exhaustive Commentary, , Bible Dictionary, A Dictionary, Solar Panels so I could use my computer, my computer, Cell phone, I know not all are books but its all related to knowing everything I need. But I would also like a 210 year supply of food, I doubt I will live more than 10 years.
        Any local Palm tree should work as a tower.

Comment

• Sue D.
          Sue D. commented
          Editing a comment
          When the stork brings your books -- you Could send a message back with him so that the rescue planes could be watching for the palm tree. But you'll need to let the stork know to Not bring any babies back with him. :)
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap