Christian Universalism is a school of Christian theology which includes the belief in the doctrine of universal reconciliation, the view that all human beings and fallen angels will ultimately be restored to right relationship with God in Heaven.

The offer of salvation through faith is given to ""all"" who believe. This belief results in eternal salvation:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The offer of salvation through faith is given to ""all"" who believe. This belief results in eternal salvation:

The offer of salvation through faith is given to ""all"" who believe. This belief results in eternal salvation:

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to ""all"" people. Titus 2:11

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that ""whoever"" believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

For this is the will of My Father, that ""everyone"" who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:40)

This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires ""all"" men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:3-4)

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for ""all"" to come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of ""all"" men, especially of believers. (1 Timothy 4:10)

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to ""all"" men, (Titus 2:11)And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ""all"" men to Myself." (John 12:32)

So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to ""all"" men. (Romans 5:18)

For the death that He died, He died to sin, once for ""all""; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. (Romans 6:10)
    For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:22)

For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for ""all"", therefore all died; and He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. (2 Corinthians 5:15)

For it was fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens; who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins, and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for ""all"" when He offered up Himself. (Hebrews 7:26-27)

But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for ""all"", having obtained eternal redemption. (Hebrews 9:11-12)

By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for ""all"". (Hebrews 10:10)

For Christ also died for sins once for ""all"", the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; (1 Peter 3:18)

Hi Gismys, while I agree that there is a sense in which God, "takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked" .. Ezekiel 33:11, and desires that all men would be saved, the reality is, that's not going to happen. There's also no "guess work" on God's part about who will and who will not come to faith in Christ. He knew that long before we were born, before He laid the foundations of the Earth, in fact. So while the superabundant value of Christ's life and death is more than sufficient to cover the sins of every man and woman who's ever lived, that's not what most of the verses you posited are referring to!

Rather, most of these verses speak of all men w/o distinction (Jews 'AND' Greeks, men of all 'types', from every tribe, tongue, and nation), not ... all men w/o exception. I'm not going to go over all of these, but let's take a look at a few of the verses anyway, starting from the top:
    For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to ""all"" people. Titus 2:11
    This verse's "ALL" means, all men w/o distinction, which I will grant you seems a bit more obvious when read from a translation such as the KJV, NKJV, ESV, NASB, and even the NLT and NIV84, which basically all translate v11 as, "The grace of God appeared, bringing salvation to all men". So unless you are a universalist ..... are you a universalist?
    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that ""whoever"" believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
    This isn't just "whosoever", it's "WHOSOEVER BELIEVES", IOW, ALL .."who believe" .. and no one else ;)
    For this is the will of My Father, that ""everyone"" who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:40)
    This verse's "everyone" is ALSO "qualified", IOW, it's "EVERYONE .. WHO BELIEVES". This verse is not speaking of all men w/o exception!

Yours in Christ,
    David

Last edited by David Lee; 07-30-2016, 04:46 AM.
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Tell me please HOW WOULD YOU KNOW who believes??? Maybe they are having a bad day and acting badly. Maybe they are just giving lip service and merely speaking the words "I believe" You can know their intents, their understandings of God??

I found something very interesting while studying over the years.........MAN STATES.....WHO BELIEVES". This verse is not speaking of all men
      Yet, there is a verse in the New Testament that states............ALL LIVING SOULS WILL BOW TO THE FATHER & CONFESS with their mouths THE SON.............which probably means YOU personally won't see it. So NOW WHAT? We continue to believe what flesh tells us about God or what God's Word states as Divine truth?
      Comment>

Hi Gismys, while I agree that there is a sense in which God, "takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked" .. Ezekiel 33:11 Hi there Worm :>). I happen to notice something 2day that I have NEVER really notice B 4. In the OLD TESTAMENT the Chosen are begging God to do something with the Wicker People and throughout all the generations of the OLD TESTAMENT this was done..................But if you notice in the NEW TESTAMENT....God decided just to FORGIVE through Jesus and we were re=purchased by our Creator.....Bcause All things (humankind) were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. So like it or not ALL WERE HEAL BY HIS STRIPS just like the Bible claims. I think JESUS is waiting for us to be as him in the world.....do good deeds, said kind words, have compassion, willing help a stranger and aid a friend and handle your own business by not attempting to DOMINATE another living soul living. I have no doubt if this was done by his followers they world would be a better place. Jesus give us all the tools we need....we just aren't using them and we are look behind us...N the pass 2 2 much.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Gismys View Post
          And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ""all"" men to Myself." (John 12:32)
          If we accept your argument that "all" means literally all, then this one verse is a lie. Jesus WAS lifted up, however absolutely ALL men have not been drawn to him. I can guarantee you that there exist people who have not yielded to Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Since this statement in John was made by Jesus and, by your interpretation, is a lie, then Jesus lied. He is not, therefore, the sinless sacrifice. We are all, consequently, still damned.

... Or you have misunderstood what he was saying.

I leave it to you to decide which is more probable.

Comment>

All men "are" offered salvation but many choose to reject it. Their choice!

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth [in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not [honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:18-22

Little sin loving men have no excuse.
            Comment>

All men "are" offered salvation but many choose to reject it. Their choice!
              What makes you think the natural man can "choose" otherwise? Do you believe man has an autonomous will Gismy? I'm giving you a choice to flap your arms like a bird to fly and reach the heavens. The choice is yours. Are you capable? despite your choosing to go against your human nature?
              Comment>

Yes!!! Man was created in God's image with freewill(choice) we are all free to choose God or satan,good or evil,right or wrong,light or darkness=all our choice!
                Comment>

Yes!!! Man was created in God's image with freewill(choice) we are all free to choose God or satan,good or evil,right or wrong,light or darkness=all our choice!
                  So there is no necessity for Jesus Christ? Man is righteous (according to you). He just needs a good moral teacher but is quite capable of achieving holiness on his own. You obviously reject original sin and the doctrine of Total Depravity? How about the necessity of the atonement and propitiation of Christ?

Pelagianism -Christforums
                  Comment>

Wow!! "ALL" Men are sinners in need of Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Believe confess repent and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and live your life as a son of God.
                    Comment>

Wow!! "ALL" Men are sinners in need of Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Believe confess repent and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and live your life as a son of God.
                      You're contradicting yourself. If ALL men are sinners, then they must have a sin nature? How can man act contrary to his sin nature if he is influenced by sin throughout all his members?

The bad news is our God is good. Our God is holy. That is horrible news for the sinner. What does John 3 say is a necessity Gismy? The conversation between Nicodemus and Jesus? How must God intervene in a sinner's life despite man's choosing?

If God is sovereign Gismy, and chooses to save a man that is influenced by sin and that man rejects Him - who is sovereign Gismy? God or man? Which is Sovereign? If God chooses a man and a man says no isn't man sovereign according to you, Gismy?
                      Comment>

Yes!!! All men are sinners because they "choose" to live in sin but all men are free to choose to believe confess repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and live their lives as sons of God=all their choice!
                        The "good" news is our God is good and offers salvation to all that will choose to believe confess repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

God will not force anyone to choose to believe confess repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

It is not God's will that any perish but thousands do perish each day by their own choice!

Hey!! Almost church time here in sunny southern USA======LATER!!!
                        Comment>

Yes!!! All men are sinners because they "choose" to live in sin but all men are free to choose to believe confess repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and live their lives as sons of God=all their choice!
                          The "good" news is our God is good and offers salvation to all that will choose to believe confess repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

God will not force anyone to choose to believe confess repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

It is not God's will that any perish but thousands do perish each day by their own choice!

Hey!! Almost church time here in sunny southern USA======LATER!!!
                          Respectfully, I wasn't. I was incapable of even comprehending God as anything but a fictitious human construct at best, or an amoral tyrant at worst. In the statistically unlikely event that God existed, he had a great deal of evil to answer for and every 'moral' human being should actively be seeking to oppose any being capable of ending human suffering, but too indifferent to bother doing anything about it. That was my world as I raced towards distruction ... then God intervened and 'knocked me off my horse on the road to Damascus'.

It it was never about my choice to follow God.
                          It was always about God's choice to lay claim on me.
                          (for reasons that I will never comprehend).

6 minutes before service starts here in Florida. :)
                          Comment>

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth [in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not [honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:18-22
                            The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting "anyone" to perish, but "everyone" to come to repentance
                            2Peter 3:9.

Comment>

My posts should not have been moved to this forum as I TOTALY REJECT this idea and opinion of little men== the view that all human beings and fallen angels will ultimately be restored to right relationship with God in Heaven and the New Jerusalem.= I TOTALY REJECT
                              All have choice=believe or reject as God will not force anyone to accept His love and mercy.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap