Perfectionism is a doctrine holding that religious, moral, social, or political perfection is attainable, especially the theory that human moral or spiritual perfection should be or has been attained.

Both Peter (Galatians 2:13) and John (Revelation 19:10) sinned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Peter (Galatians 2:13) and John (Revelation 19:10) sinned

For those who believe that a Christian never sins please explain how both Peter and Barnabas (Galatians 2:13) as well as John (Revelation 19:10) sinned.

Galatians 2:13
    The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. (NASB)

Revelation 19:10
    Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (NASB)

Are there Christians here @ CF who believe that they never sin?
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post
      Are there Christians here @ CF who believe that they never sin?
      Apparently I don't.

I thought I did, but my misunderstanding has been clarified by my Lutheran brothers.
      It seems that when my atheist parents had me sprinkled in a Lutheran church at a few weeks old, I was baptized into the Grace.
      So none of my sins counted.

Don't you wish your parents had planned ahead. ;)

(Hey, this is a joke ... except the part about being baptized Lutheran by Atheist parents ... that's true.)
      Comment>

Were your parents hedging their bet in your case?
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post
          Were your parents hedging their bet in your case?
          It's worse than that. We attended THE church. You know, in every town there is one church where all the corporate up and comers go to be seen. So we moved every two years as my father clawed his way up the corporate ladder over people he shafted. In each new town we were regular attenders in THE church ... Christmas and Easter. The year and town I was born in, THE church was Lutheran.

In retrospect, what man meant for evil, God meant for good may apply. It was literally a "hell" of a journey, but God eventually cornered me and claimed me for his own. So perhaps God WAS marking me as the first in at least four generations to serve the Lord. Don't tell those other Lutherans or I'll never hear the end of Infant Baptism. :)
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap