Arminianism is a system of belief that attempts to explain the relationship between God's sovereignty and mankind's free will, especially in relation to salvation. Arminianism is named after Jacob Arminius (1560—1609), a Dutch theologian.

I am close to your view.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am close to your view.

You know, I see somethings on both sides, but I do not see very much agressive talk on this side, why?

justme

Originally posted by justme View Post
    You know, I see somethings on both sides, but I do not see very much agressive talk on this side, why?

justme
    Because the staff here are Reformed/Calvinist. Generally, people usually result to personal attack when they can't make their case from Scripture, and that's something the staff here does not tolerate. In another forum, for example, that is a strong hold for Arminians I was accused of being a false teacher, and promoting doctrine of the devil.

If you see something on "the Arminian" side, I urge you to use the search feature in this forum to see the Reformed/Calvinist approach to those Scriptures. Or if you wish to list them here, I'm sure someone will address them.

To be honest with you, I do not see any Scriptures on the Arminian side when the context is taken into consideration. I do acknowledge though that that side usually isolates a verse, and generally forces their presupposition into the Scriptures. If you read the most common Arminian arguments then you'll have a basic picture of some of the counter arguments: Answers to Arminian Arguments -Christforums

This is all besides the point though, Arminians are definitely welcome into Christforums. Though given the contention for Orthodoxy it does make for an aggressive discussion - that is, if you consider putting Scriptures onto the anvil to be smashed by the sub-atomic hammer aggressive!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Thanks William. I can't remember anyone on the other side ever giving much to consider or give Biblical evidence for their position. I know several Assembly of God people but they mainly expect evidence of Salvation by speaking in tongues, and the loss of salvation. All of which bring the hair on my neck to stand up. And that does does not look good.

justme
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap