Spiritual warfare is the Christian concept that the Devil and demons attempt to thwart Good and the will of God.

Freedom from strongholds

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom from strongholds

Dear brothers and sisters,

When we analyse our daily life we know that we are going through many struggles, distress, suffering and tragedies. The truth is we are in a spiritual warfare, and the real battle is not against any man in this world; but against unseen evil spirits that seek to control us or anyone to fulfil its evil intentions. So it’s very important for us to be always alert in the Spirit against the tactics and tricks which he uses against us.

Devil is the deceiver, father of lies and tempter from the beginning. There are many ways he attack and deceive a human soul.
    His intent is to plant an evil thought seed that will take root and grow in one’s mind. It’s the False thoughts and False Imagination which he instil in a human mind that tempts one to do a sin. The devil comes to steal and ultimately destroy a soul. He knows the strengths and weaknesses of a man, and knows exactly where to hit at the least expected time. He is restless when he finds a soul getting more close to God, and will do all kinds of things to distract, to steal his faith, to stop from knowing God.

Devil incited David the false thought to number Israel “And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.” ( Chronicles 21:1 )

The devil always tries and works in order to get a foothold in man’s life. For this he uses the mind as the entry point. He attacks with his cunning plan and use the circumstances in a man’s life, his weaknesses, to tempt him in order to get an access to enter his mind. If he gets a foothold, he corrupts the mind and body with more evil desires, lust and deception creating a stronghold such as:

a. Constant Worry
    b. Negative Doubts
    c. Unhealthy Fear
    c. Anxiety
    e. Love of the worldly pleasure
    f. Selfishness, and Pride
    g. Unforgiveness
    h. Conflict
    e. Constant Guilt ( Devil tries to distract a soul from knowing the truth that, God the Heavenly Father forgives a truly repentant heart. )

“Do not give the devil a foothold” ( Ephesians 4:27 )

Flesh and Spirit

Devil uses one’s flesh to tempt his soul, to do sin

Because of the orginal sin committed by Adam and Eve, we have the weeds of sin in our flesh. Hence the flesh works always against the Spirit.
    Devil can use our flesh against our soul to tempt us. He tempts the soul to listen to the wrong voice of the flesh, waits for the soul to fall into its trap and commit a sin according to it’s evil intentions.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. ( Galatians 5:19 )

Denying the flesh is important to our overcoming its inclinations. We must learn to say "No" to the desires of our fallen nature.

Hence a soul shall not listen to the flesh, but should listen to the Spirit and walk in the Spirit. When we listen to the Spirit, we are one in Yeshua.

“Those who belong to Yeshua have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires" ( Galatians 5:24 )

“So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.” ( Galatians 5:16-17 )

Fasting

Fasting is one of the strongest weapons we can use to demolish the weeds of the flesh and stronghold. It’s the flesh that holds us back from God. When we fast, the flesh submits to the Spirit. The soul one in the Spirit, will rule over the flesh.
    For a three-week period, Daniel refrained from eating the luxurious royal food offered to him by the king. He made a covenant with God in his heart to refuse to eat foods forbidden by God, instead consuming only vegetables, beans and water. From his fast, Daniel received heightened spiritual insight.

Hence fasting removes the weeds of flesh and nurture the Fruits of the Spirit.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law” ( Galatians 5:22-23 )

“God does not tempt anyone”

There are people who blame God when tragedies happen in their life. They forget the fact that it’s the devil the enemy who causes the tragedies, the one who is deceiving them. The devil is the deceiver, father of lies and tempter.
    Never blame God for the tragedies in life, because they come from the adversary, the devil. God doesn’t tempt anyone. At the times of temptation, struggles or tragedies we need to turn to the Almighty God, for strength and submit ourselves to Him, and the devil will flee from us.

When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.( James 1:13-15 )

“Freedom in Yeshua”

When we seek the Almighty with all our heart we will know the Truth, and The Truth will set us free, demolishing the Stronghold.

Devil don’t want anyone to identify him, he is the enemy who hides and works in the dark, attacking a soul through deceptions, false thoughts and imaginations. The devil is the one who tempts a soul to do a sin, and later attacks a soul with constant guilt; accusing the soul that he is guilty, and there is no escape.
    A repentant and broken heart will search for the truth and freedom, how he could be delivered from the torment and bondage of his sins, to save his soul which he will find the answer only in the True Almighty God Yeshua who died for his sins in his place at the Cross freeing him from the bondage of sins, and accusations.

Yeshua is our saviour; Yeshua sanctifies and redeems us.

“Surely he took up our pain
    and bore our suffering
    He was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
    the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed
    The Lord has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all”

(Isaiah 53:4-6)

Satan is defeated at the Cross by Yeshua. If we truly repent of our sins, seek the God with all our heart by fasting, prayer, and believe in Yeshua, The God Almighty will forgive us. His love is relentless, freeing each believer from sin and death. This is the Truth, and Truth will set us free.

Yeshua is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6 )

“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” ( John 8:32 )

Finally, by studying the Word of God, fasting and praying, wearing the full spiritual armor of God ( Ephesians 6:11-15 ), we will learn to DISCARD, not to give any strength to False thoughts and imaginations of the enemy, thus not to allow the weeds of deception to take root and grow in the mind to become a False belief or stronghold. The soul shall never listen to the voices of the flesh; but should listen to the Spirit and walk in the Spirit.

“Do not give the devil a foothold” ( Ephesians 4:27 )

“Since we live by the Spirit, let us walk in step with the Spirit” ( Galatians 5:25 )

-------------------------------------------------------------

Have a blessed day!
    Mathews

Thank you. I am guilty of A-E. I was tempted and sinned many times and ashamed. I cried out to God and He heard me and delivered me, but I still had to live with the consequences and a fear for the future. Full of fear and anxiety and sorrows/guilt and literally collapsed one day. Can't go back in time. I have nothing left to be/hope for, but repentance and sorrow over what I have done. As much as I try to put it behind, life is with you 24/7. No hiding from a broken heart and dreams. A wasted life. Lots of sorrows, but that is life for everyone. Blessings to you too. I'm old and sad. Normal.
    Comment>

Originally posted by R Mathews View Post
      The truth is we are in a spiritual warfare, and the real battle is not against any man in this world; but against unseen evil spirits that seek to control us or anyone to fulfil its evil intentions. So it’s very important for us to be always alert in the Spirit against the tactics and tricks which he uses against us.
      Hello, R Mathews, I am glad to hear you mention this. I was at a conference over the weekend and one of the gifts they gave us was this short little book:

What Is Spiritual Warfare? (Basics of the Faith) (Basics of the Faith Series): Stanley D. Gale: 9781596381230: Amazon.com: Books

Although I am just getting started on reading it, it has so far been excellent and you may want to take a look at it.

Peace, brother.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Tramp View Post
        Thank you. I am guilty of A-E. I was tempted and sinned many times and ashamed. I cried out to God and He heard me and delivered me, but I still had to live with the consequences and a fear for the future. Full of fear and anxiety and sorrows/guilt and literally collapsed one day. Can't go back in time. I have nothing left to be/hope for, but repentance and sorrow over what I have done. As much as I try to put it behind, life is with you 24/7. No hiding from a broken heart and dreams. A wasted life. Lots of sorrows, but that is life for everyone. Blessings to you too. I'm old and sad. Normal.

We're about the same age and have experienced some of 'life' , also. Everyone in our age bracket has experienced 'life' -- none of it has been wasted. It Can be forgiven, though.

Each new day is a new start -- going Forward. We live in a broken world -- only God can / will fix it. In the meantime --Now - we take all of the 'stuff' brokenness to God -- He already knows all the stuff in our pasts -- the why's and where'fores of it. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world (us) that He Gave His Son ---- for us --" in our place and then He rose again.

Each of our lives can be a Before Christ and After Christ -- as a result Of Christ we are Now .......
        Comment>

Originally posted by Tramp View Post
          Dear Sister,

You have repented and you don’t have to think again and again over the past, or say “wasted life” for it’s the enemy’s trick to divert your attention to the past.

No rich man is going to live in this world forever. I came to this world with nothing, and one day I will go back from this world Nothing. This world will pass away, and the most important thing while living in this mortal body is our focus on Almighty God, and our eternal life full of happiness and peace awaiting us. This is a temporary life, and there’s an eternal life with unimaginable happiness and peace which we are going to spend with The Almighty God. Every soul is so precious to God. He is our Good Shepherd; He came to seek the broken and lost. He is our Creator, and knows exactly what is going through in our lives in this world.

We usually think that we are alone, and we only know our problems. We are not alone, Our Almighty God the Creator of this Universe is with us, He knows exactly what we are going through, the deep thoughts in our heart, and knows it’s not the real you, but it’s the devil who is the one who is behind all the problems, the one who deceive man from the beginning.

At any point when we repent, we are a new person, and new creation in Yeshua ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ), we are starting a new life free from any sins or sorrows. Why we should be so worried and concerned about this temporary mortal world for we are not going to stay here forever; instead we should think what we must do in this world which is pleasing to Our Heavenly Father to rejoice a life we are going to live for ever and ever. Forget about the past, the wealth or riches you could have saved for no man is going it take it along with him to eternity.

God don’t need any money in this world, all He need is our pure Heart. Don’t worry about Fear, Sorrows etc etc for 365 times it’s written in the Bible “Do not Fear”. When we submit ourselves to the Almighty who can be against us? There’s no place for any fear or worry. Instead we will Rejoice in the Spirit. God Almighty will take care of us, strengthen and provide us what we need in the rest of our life in this world, for He knows the future, and what’s best for us!

You have a Blessed Day!
          Comment>

Originally posted by Eric T. View Post
            Hello, R Mathews, I am glad to hear you mention this. I was at a conference over the weekend and one of the gifts they gave us was this short little book:

What Is Spiritual Warfare? (Basics of the Faith) (Basics of the Faith Series): Stanley D. Gale: 9781596381230: Amazon.com: Books

Although I am just getting started on reading it, it has so far been excellent and you may want to take a look at it.

Peace, brother.
            Thank you so much Eric, and for the details on the book! You have a blessed day !
            Comment>

thank you all very much for the encouraging posts. I can tell you that my life started out well. I wanted to be a nun/missionary, a saint and a warrior for Christ. I had a beatific vision, but temptation came to this young insecure girl starved for love. Lust and looking to be loved will make you fall for the first guy who gives you a lustful glance. With that came drugs, more men, more drugs, a pregnancy, birth control like candy. I was in chains to many worldly things (like St. Augustine). My addiction(s) had the wheel and reaped a whirlwind of destruction. I was completely broken. doing what I thought I should be doing by what I had picked up somewhere in my sin sick heart and mind. Writing checks I could not cash. At judgment everyone will see me as I truly am/was and it will be joy/hope, then an empty shell, and tears, seeking to fill/numb the pain, the God sized hole in my heart with worldly things. You will see where I was full of the love of God and his children, the fall, the repentance, the godly sorrow, joy and love and determination and that the Lord is Good, then the fear of others around telling me not to be a religious fanatic, and then the fear and stupidity of trying to hold onto that joy/light and the world and afraid to take a step of faith and be bold, as we should be. You will see that I got angry at God, instead of trusting in Him, because I didn't understand the suffering in life and that I cursed Him like Lot's wife and "blacked out". Self implosion, or self-fulfilled prophecy, I don't know. I could not hold myself together. I could not eat or sleep from fear. Not sure if I was being chastised, or if it was a heart attack, but my body rushed with flushing and I was blacking out and thought I was dying. When the "blacking out" stopped I did not physically die, but when I closed my eyes to try and sleep (which I hadn't done for weeks??), I saw/heard wicking in my mind. My face wrenched and contorted and I ended up locked up. Satan had won. Score another one....This is nothing I would lie about because it destroyed me. I can't believe I was as full of joy as John the Baptist, as on point and single visioned as St. Paul, and then a shell. It shattered me and everyone around me. It was THAT complete. Satan does come to rob, steal, and destroy. I'm walking proof, like billions of people. Kept trying to "regroup", get myself together, rejoice again, but it was done and gone. No one knew what to say (obviously) to me. Everyone was gone. Tried to get "back into living", put on a fake happy mask, got a job, schooling, got back with an old fling, but there was nothing left of me. Of course it didn't last because I am dead inside. That is what sin/satan does to you. Leaves you a shell with nothing to live for or give. I try to read the bible, but at my age. It's all over but the dying. I appreciate your caring and encouraging posts. But I can't go back, can't move forward. In limbo waiting to die. And everyone will see at the final judgment the hell I unnecessarily caused on earth to others. God have mercy. '-(
              Comment>

@Tamp -- we All only live one day at a time. One Hour at a time --One Minute at a time. And, yes, you Can move forward -- if only one inch at a time. God has you here for a Reason. Nothing is non-forgiveable. Satan enjoys getting into our lives to make us miserable. No need to let satan continue doing that. There's verse that says to "Resist the devil and he will flee from you". Because of the cross - No one is a slave to sin / satan anymore. We Can have freedom in Christ -- YOU can have freedom in Christ. I'm a bit older than you are. Beside everyone's name under the picture on here -- forum -- there is a small white 'box' -- click that for 'chat' -- I can be reached that way.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
                  @Tamp -- we All only live one day at a time. One Hour at a time --One Minute at a time. And, yes, you Can move forward -- if only one inch at a time. God has you here for a Reason. Nothing is non-forgiveable. Satan enjoys getting into our lives to make us miserable. No need to let satan continue doing that. There's verse that says to "Resist the devil and he will flee from you". Because of the cross - No one is a slave to sin / satan anymore. We Can have freedom in Christ -- YOU can have freedom in Christ. I'm a bit older than you are. Beside everyone's name under the picture on here -- forum -- there is a small white 'box' -- click that for 'chat' -- I can be reached that way.

I just looked and for some reason my name doesn't have a 'chat' box by it -- but Your's does. So I'll get on Your 'chat' box.
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap