Spiritual warfare is the Christian concept that the Devil and demons attempt to thwart Good and the will of God.

People who can see demons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who can see demons

I know some people that can see spirits. Some are unbelievers; some aren't.

One seeing friend, an unbeliever, believes the spirits she sees are neither good nor evil. I asked her if she saw any in my house. Eventually she found one in the back corner of our spare bedroom, and immediately I prayed out loud for God to remove anything from our home that had no place there. Immediately, my friend said, she felt that a wind came and blew the spirit away. She felt bad, though, because she felt the spirit hadn't done anything to deserve God booting it.

I said, "Why would God have removed it if it weren't evil?" She had no answer.

That night I had a quick burst of what should have been a nightmare: A frightening visage screamed in my face, "You're going to hell!"

I woke up laughing. Because clearly the spiritual forces of evil had no idea they were dealing with someone who is solidly confident in God's salvation.

I need to be continually reminded of this story, to cover my house, and all who enter it, in prayer.

Other than Angelophanies or an appearance of Satan (e.g., Christ's temptation) in the Bible, I have never heard of someone being able to physically see a spirit. And you don't seem to be talking about angels or demons because you say "neither good nor evil", when the aforementioned are most certainly one or the other. I would be highly skeptical of your friends claims and, for that matter, would guard against playing with anything that even remotely smacks of the occult. Nothing good can come from engaging in the latter.
    Comment>

Well, I will not really opine on the matter, other than to just say that those would be some interesting friends to have a conversation with. Just going in with no pre-determined beliefs or assumptions, I can think of some really interesting and thought-provoking questions to ask them. Unfortunately, I would not really expect too much from them just given these beliefs that I would have to shed, but oh well. Interesting stuff, I guess, and thanks for sharing.
      Comment>

I remember when i was younger i had a strong connection with spirits, i could see and often even communicate (as best as i could at that age) with entities i didn't even know, but when i grew older i began to close myself off from it, i'm glad i did. Some people think it is some sort of gift but it really wasn't, at my age i didn't understand what some of them were but when i think back about it i'm still terrified. Even though it weren't only Nightmares and dreams like you had, most of the time i was very much awake, i still can sence spirits, i only can't directly see or communicate with them.
        Comment>

I have never seen any demons to my knowledge, or even any angels, although I have heard of people who see angels, and the Bible does say that sometimes we entertain angels unaware.
          My mother, who was a very committed Christian, once told me about one of the Christian Businessmen's Association meetings that she had gone to. The speakers were nuns , and I think maybe some kind of missionaries to another country, but I don't remember that specific part for sure. Anyway, when they were all haveing the dinner that came along with the monthly meetings, she said that suddenly the face of one of the nuns changed, and looked like a death's head face to her. My mother said she kind of gasped, and hoped the shock didn't show up on her face, and in an instant the nun's face had changed back to its kindly expression.
          Mom said she was never quite sure what was being shown to her, whether the person was actually evil in disguise, or maybe she was dying and didn't know it. In any case, it was a totally shocking experience for my mother, and something that never had happened to her before or after that.
          Comment>

I remember my pastor told me that demons don't have horns and batwings. The bible even describe Satan as someone beautiful and he uses his beauty to deceive people to sin. I think the bat winged demons image was created by early Christians to make Pagans leave their beliefs because that is what many Pagan Gods looks like.

Demons are spirits like angels so Angels don't have bird wings neither. Many Pagan Gods looks exactly like the modern interpretation of demons.
            Comment>

I have never seen a demon or an angel. I am wondering what a demon would really look alike. Some have professed that they have seen this creature. Isn't a demon supposed to be an evil spirit? How do they know that it was a demon that they had seen? What makes them certain of what they saw. I am not seeking to discredit anyone who may have claimed to see an evil spirit but I believe that these are some pertinent questions to be asked to be more clear about the presence of demons.
              Comment>

Demons and Angels are spirits. They don't really have wings, halos and horns. They are nothing like the pop culture's description. They are spirits but just like humans, they are created under God's image. They don't really have a physical body nor appearance. The bible did describe the demon as something beautiful that uses it's beauty to deceive people.

There is a Pagan God with Goat's head and a propaganda was used by the Catholic Church by portraying that goat headed God as the demon. The Novel Divine Comedy also triggered the beliefs demons have horns and angels have wings.
                Comment>

There is no such thing as a "neutral" spirit. They either come from God (He makes His angels spirits...) or from Satan. God gives spirit filled (Holy Spirit filled) believers discernment of spirits and the power to cast them out. If you belong to Jesus and are serving Him and are filled with the Holy Spirit we have complete authority over them.

Out witnessing at night during the racing in Hot Springs I was talking to a man about the Lord when another man drove up and went into a store. He left his engine running and before he got out turned up his radio as loud as it would go. I saw it was the devil trying to disrupt my witness. The man I was talking to noticed this odd behavior also and I told him it was the devil.

If we are born again believers and have experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit as described in the 19th chapter of Acts then we should move in the power of God to set the captives free.
                  Comment>

I'm new here, because I tire of talking to my friends in the real world about his, and since my mother (who guided me into Christianity in my youth) believes me on this but is rather close-minded on the subject, I figured I'd throw this at a new audience of people who don't know me.

Most of my life, I've been able to see and hear demons. As a child, I could also hear angels singing (it's rather beautiful) when I'd get scared... it was such a comfort, even though a tad frightening on its own when you're hearing an audible noise in the room, yet as you turn your head, there's nothing there no matter how the sound seems to be fixated in a place.

Anyway, as I got older, these things angered me. I'd grown used to them screaming at me daily, and often wondered if perhaps I was simply schizophrenic or something like that... then I saw one floating over my friend who had been acting in a rather damaging fashion to myself and others. I put my hand on his head and told it (well, I'll watch my language here... I'm a Christian, but I don't limit my language to things that I do not respect) to get out with a few expletives added, as these things kind of anger me. It vanished and he fell down.... but felt better after and his behavior changed for the better. I'd done this before when younger, or just stood up to the things and told them that "You know you I work for... you know you're not gonna win. Now go." (or something to that extent.... I was like 8 or so with my first recollection of that, so my memory is probably false to some degree)... but the things would run. God once insinuated to me that I'm like teflon to them... they can't come in. But I'll always hear them screaming.

It's not like the crap they show on TV, when you see these things, at least by my experience. It's like a feeling more than anything... raw, guttural emotions, twisted thoughts and all that congealed into a space that sadly, only a few of us (apparently... my mother and I can, but I don't know how plentiful our numbers are) can see. I got used to it. I'm 43 now. I've had 3 children, and my eldest son, who is 21, is starting to see them. I can never be sure if it's because of his mother's teachings, the autism (a trait we share), the medication he's been put on... or if somehow, the Lord wants him to do as I do, and send them away when they haunt those in our path. I've followed along wherever God has sent me over the past several years, and it seems that He always sets me in a place where something vile is tormenting a human (usually a non-believer, but that often changes once I make the things run).

I've discussed this with my mother, but she takes the Bible literally, all while calling it a "Living Word", something I can respect. God once told me to tell her something, and it touched her: "Becky, you've always served Me, and I am grateful... but as for the Bible... do you think that's really ALL I had to say?" She cried. It's not like a burning bush appeared before me or anything... it's just something I was told to communicate. He's since given me a vacation from fighting these monstrosities, per my request. It was causing me mental harm. However, I'm ready to ask the Lord to give me the sight back, because while I can no longer see or hear their horrid screaming, I know when they are around, and I'm guessing that my work in His good name is not done.

Yeah, I know. Sounds like a plot for a horrible "B" Movie or just some self aggrandizing jerk who is trying to brag. This is THE ONLY place online I've ever mentioned this, and I almost wish I wasn't... but I figure if there's anyone to ask advice from, it would be fellow believers. Granted, I'm more of the front line grunt when it comes to being a "believer", but I know what I see. I know what God wishes me to do. I can't enter a church because the chorus of joy from the people there overwhelms my senses. This is not a blessing... but others have been helped by me, so I suppose it is not a curse.

I'm not even sure what to ask you guys, honestly. Any advice would be wonderful and taken graciously. Anyone calling me a charlatan or a Satanist will not be responded to, but know that I'll just be chuckling at comments like that and wishing that you were correct.

Anyway, no matter what, thanks for listening. I truly appreciate it.

Thug for God, Apparently,
                    Drew
                    Comment>

Don't focus on demons and spirits of the dead that are acctualy demons. All that stuff is a distraction from Christ. Now people do get possed by demons and demons can cause problems in a Christians life, but our focus should be on Christ and being sanctified that is how we combat the demonic world. As far as exoricsing deomon, it's only fruitfull if that person turns to Christ as Lord and Saviour.
                      If you have non believers as friends who talk to spirits then you need new friends, darkness and light don't mix.
                      Comment>

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually dealing with a generational demon that has hit my ex-wife. I was able to bind it, but from what I have read and what I know (I'm not much of a reader... I just do what I know), that's the best I can do. I've told her to have faith in the Lord, but in the end, this isn't one I can knock out apparently. It has spoken through her to me on the phone, and they sound about as lovely as one would imagine. When I was staying with her for a week, it left her be. I may have to return there to finish the stupid thing off, but that can only happen if she truly believes. She says she does, but in the end, I figure that unless she accepts Christ as her savior and realizes that He and his dad are more powerful than the foolish demon that her grandmother placed upon her, there's not much else I can do. If you have any better advice, I'd love to hear it. I'm not a professional "exorcist" or anything like that... I just don't like spirits haunting people. I stop them when I can. This one has irked me, because if it harms her daughter (not my child), I'd literally walk through hell to destroy it. I'd rather have the advice from people who know more about this than I.

Cheers.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by blackjackC View Post
                          Thanks for the reply. I'm actually dealing with a generational demon that has hit my ex-wife. I was able to bind it, but from what I have read and what I know (I'm not much of a reader... I just do what I know), that's the best I can do. I've told her to have faith in the Lord, but in the end, this isn't one I can knock out apparently. It has spoken through her to me on the phone, and they sound about as lovely as one would imagine. When I was staying with her for a week, it left her be. I may have to return there to finish the stupid thing off, but that can only happen if she truly believes. She says she does, but in the end, I figure that unless she accepts Christ as her savior and realizes that He and his dad are more powerful than the foolish demon that her grandmother placed upon her, there's not much else I can do. If you have any better advice, I'd love to hear it. I'm not a professional "exorcist" or anything like that... I just don't like spirits haunting people. I stop them when I can. This one has irked me, because if it harms her daughter (not my child), I'd literally walk through hell to destroy it. I'd rather have the advice from people who know more about this than I.

Cheers.
                          Any information you get on casting out demons needs to be from Scripture. Christ cast out demons not anyone else, whoever is trying to cast out demons in Christ name needs to have Christ as lord and saviour.
                          I don't know where what binding ritual your using by it came from either the Roman Catholic church or witchcraft, not biblical Christianity.
                          Don't trust everyone who says they've cast out demons, they might think they did but it could be that satan just wants them to be puffed up thinking that they're something special when it could them who is really the one with demons.

​​​ Be careful and stick close to God's word.
                          Comment>

Fair to say. However, try to remember, God sent his son to us as a Man. Jesus walked sinless, but was also just as human as the rest of us. That was His entire point... to show what we could be. That's why He died for our sins. I'm not going to pretend to know the exact scripture from the King James Bible that refers to "binding" of demons (my mom is better at knowing that sort of thing, and once read me several verses on the subject), but my friend, it's not some hocus pocus TV crap. We all have power over demons, so long as we follow the word. That's my understanding anyway.

I know I've cast out demons. I do not say this to brag... I just know it is a thing that has been done. It sometimes takes a toll. However, what I always say is that it's not me doing it... I'm just God's spotter, if you will. He's the one with power. Thankfully, our Lord is kind enough to let us help others through Him.

Anyway, not trying to be argumentative. I just figure as another of God's children, you'd not want to lessen yourself and believe that demons are more powerful than you. We have souls for a reason. I figure our creator knew what He was doing. :) But yes, I will stick to His word. That is wonderful advice.
                            Comment>

I'm going to give an example of one of the times I chased off a demon... I like having a place where I can tell others about these things! That's pretty cool! I know we all don't believe in the same things, being followers of different doctrines and whatnot (i.e. as a Presbyterian, Innerfire, you probably don't get to witness folks speaking in tongues and some of the wackiness that goes along with that), but I figure if I throw a story out here, whether you agree with it or not, it'll be food for thought. I only promise that it's not poisoned. :)

About 3 months ago, I was sitting here at my desk doing my job, and a dark feeling came over me. I saw a vision of a little boy in a hospital bed, and I saw a demon looming over him. I knew this boy... it was my room-mate's son. She was at work. I don't know how to describe what happened next, other than me (in my vision, anyway... not in real life) roaring at it and demanding that in the name of the Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost to leave that child be. I figured I was just hallucinating or something weird like that, but I was not on any medication to cause such a thing.

One minute later, my phone rang. It was my room-mate. Her son was in the hospital and she'd left work to be with him, and she said he had a high grade fever to the point of it being an emergency... and it broke literally just before she called me. I had no clue that her son was in danger other than what I saw. She said "Something told me to call you... Bran is fine. And thank you." I replied "I'm glad he's OK. Thank God, not me. He did the work. Tell Bran's dad I said hi!"

That was an odd thing, but that's the sort of situations people like me deal with every day. It's not something that can be explained scientifically. These things do happen in this world. If there's chicanery afoot, I don't know... but I know her son is fine. In the end, I praise God, because he let me help that boy. The result in the end is what matters, way as I see it.

My mom is still at church, or I'd have her give me the proper verses to tell you about "binding" and whatnot. She loves to share with other Christians. I could Google it, but I thought it would be more fun to say "And here's what my Mom found!", because it would probably make her blush. Anyway, thanks for listening. :)

Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap