A forum to discuss the world of missions and evangelism. We believe that every individual and every church should be deeply committed both to local evangelism and to global missions.

Any particular country or place that God has placed (more) on your heart?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any particular country or place that God has placed (more) on your heart?

For me it is North Korea.

Originally posted by Faber View Post
    For me it is North Korea.
    My own country. I tend to pray for my own. Consider this my stepping stone country to pray for. I mean, if I didn't provide for my own then in some ways I'd be worse than an infidel.

In my heart I also pray for South Korea, because I have relatives there.

I tend to look at North Korea as the enemy, and pray for them accordingly.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Canada, where I am from. My family and friends are there and I miss it so very much.
      Comment>

The Appalachian Mountains, where a good part of my family is from. They deserve to have missions sent to them every bit as much as Mexico or Honduras.
        Comment>

I used to chat with a lot of Africans on Facebook, many of them have near to nothing.
          Comment>

Israel.
            Comment>

I'm from Texas -- pray for Houston -- they Really need it. They are still in the rescue mode -- probably will be for a while.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
                I used to chat with a lot of Africans on Facebook, many of them have near to nothing.
                Were these people asking for financial help by any chance?...
                because if I had near to nothing.. I would go completely out my way to get a smartphone and internet connection or a computer with internet connection and leisure about on facebook, because that is more important than essentials like food, clothing, shelter.. And basics..

we are instructed to not be foolish..
                Comment>

I'd say my own soil here in the UK.. I'd say it's the fastest declining first world country for sure.. That might a biased view, however I can't help but think soon there will be a civil war.

we can talk about conspiracy theories, shadow governments, political agendas and the like all day but that solves nothing, the facts are Europe is declining due to certain things, whom ever is doing this evil is taking love your neighbor way out of context.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Bliss View Post
                    I'd say my own soil here in the UK.. I'd say it's the fastest declining first world country for sure.. That might a biased view, however I can't help but think soon there will be a civil war.

we can talk about conspiracy theories, shadow governments, political agendas and the like all day but that solves nothing, the facts are Europe is declining due to certain things, whom ever is doing this evil is taking love your neighbor way out of context.

You're right -- people Do take 'love your neighbor' WAY out of context. And it's not just Europe -- but all over the world. God promised no more world-wide flood but He certainly uses natural disasters to get our attention. The Gospel unto salvation is more important than ever before to share with willing listeners. We present when the opportunity presents itself or when we can wiggle it into a conversation in a sociable way. It is not to be Forced.

We need to be more active in taking a stand For God's Word.
                    Comment>

Were these people asking for financial help by any chance?...
                      because if I had near to nothing.. I would go completely out my way to get a smartphone and internet connection or a computer with internet connection and leisure about on facebook, because that is more important than essentials like food, clothing, shelter.. And basics..

we are instructed to not be foolish..
                      Wow, you're friendly!
                      Many times they asked for prayer.They can easily borrow a phone. Not everyone I talked to was in the condition to need help, some were running orphanages or were helping the poor.

Lets not go around calling people fools.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post

Not everyone I talked to was in the condition to need help,

Lets not go around calling people fools.
                        They most probably have some spare change left out of the 50 odd billion dollars the west sends them for development on a yearly basis... But I'm just speculating here, yes it's possible they all share a smartphone in some shanti towns.

I hope you're not suggesting I called you a fool?.. I was merely stating we are commanded as Christians to not be foolish.
                        Comment>

They most probably have some spare change left out of the 50 odd billion dollars the west sends them for development on a yearly basis... But I'm just speculating here, yes it's possible they all share a smartphone in some shanti towns.

I hope you're not suggesting I called you a fool?.. I was merely stating we are commanded as Christians to not be foolish.
                          It seems like you're saying I'm foolish, if so that would be calling me a fool.

There's plenty of parts of Africa that are doing fine, yet there's still plenty of poverty as well.

If you're just trying to warn me about all the scammers out there then thank you, but you're preaching to the choir.

If I took you the wrong way then I apologize.
                          Comment>

You Do realize that just because the West sends money to various countries , doesn't mean the people who need it Get it. Foreign govt. officials Have been known to keep needed things From their own people. Sort of controlling the people.

Modern technowledgey isn't limited to the rich and famous. Even people on well-fare in this country manage to get a Smart phone or whatever is 'out there' these days.

You're sounding just a little bit 'attitudenal'
                            Comment>

The US and Israel
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap