A forum to discuss the world of missions and evangelism. We believe that every individual and every church should be deeply committed both to local evangelism and to global missions.

If Christ Himself Spread the Gospel when He Was 'In the Flesh' ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Christ Himself Spread the Gospel when He Was 'In the Flesh' ...

... then isn't anyone who claims that 'The Gospel is "that Jesus died as our sacrifice and rose again" calling Jesus' a liar?

I would rather believe that Jesus was 'a prophet' (still a Son of God--THE Son of God among us lesser sons of God--but 'prophet' is literally "one who speaks for God"), and that His death/resurrection/ascension was PROOF of His 'Anointedness' (literal meaning of "Christ").

Lord Jesus Christ's Gospel-message was "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Jesus Himself said that, to the high priest of the temple. To my mind, that 'only Son' was Adam (who became Adam-&-Eve, who begat many ... possibly 'all of us,' if you don't try to logically understand 'where Cain's and Seth's wives came-from')---making 'all obedient humans' that one-&-only Son. (The disobedient humans are the 'prodigals' marked "dead" to Our Father until they return to us and ask his forgiveness.)

I can think of two other times Jesus Christ spoke the sum-total of the Gospel-message (once in public, once in private): "Thy (Our Father's) Will Be Done." I don't know if He ever used an exact 'tense' on that (past, future, present), because I think He meant it as an infinite fact---true absolutely all the time. It 'rings with' Buddhism's central mantra---six syllables in Korean Sanskrit that basically mean 'I listen and try to follow "the Voice of God," as His Will Be Done---it will stand firmer than any force that tries to stop it.'

(And Buddhism only 'worships Buddha' as much as Discipline 'worships the Disciple'---i.e. NOT AT ALL.)

Originally posted by JudeMan View Post
    If Christ Himself Spread the Gospel when He Was 'In the Flesh' ...

... then isn't anyone who claims that 'The Gospel is "that Jesus died as our sacrifice and rose again" calling Jesus' a liar?
    No. Salvation come by having faith in the truth God has revealed to us. Before Christ's death and resurrection the content of that truth was different but the act of faith is the same in both cases. Before Christ's death God commended animal sacrifices as a pictures of Christ's sacrifice. Today the gospel we preach is that Christ died and rose from the dead.

Lord Jesus Christ's Gospel-message was "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Jesus Himself said that, to the high priest of the temple. To my mind, that 'only Son' was Adam
    It was Adam's sin that brought sin and death into the world and made Christ's death and resurrection necessary.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      No. Salvation come by having faith in the truth God has revealed to us. Before Christ's death and resurrection the content of that truth was different but the act of faith is the same in both cases. Before Christ's death God commended animal sacrifices as a pictures of Christ's sacrifice. Today the gospel we preach is that Christ died and rose from the dead.
      I'm not going to get into a baa-aa-aa-aa-ing contest. I hope this doesn't sound angry, but I'm ... I guess I'm trying to understand ... ah yes, both of our interpretations of "John 3:16" start out 'differently' (you cut it out of the context and just slap it onto whatever situation; I extract it carefully and replant it in today's context---paying special attention to the differences in context), but they both come to the same conclusion (that we're all marked "Τετέλεσται (paid-in-full)," as Jesus announced on the Cross).

It was Adam's sin that brought sin and death into the world and made Christ's death and resurrection necessary.
      in God's eyes they were/are the same person.

Comment>

in God's eyes they were/are the same person.
        Where does it say that in the Bible?

Comment>

Yeah, can't really argue with that. If He indeed walked the earth today, no one would be questioning his legitimacy, and people would listen to His word without hesitation.
          Comment>

Jesus was more than a prophet. He took our pain, our suffering and our sins upon Himself. And by the way,God's law doesn't change. The penalty for sin is death. We all [including Eve] came from Adam so if Adam was to live [and by extension the rest of us] someone had to give His life for Adam's. God chose Jesus to be that sacrifice.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap