The Christian life is a personal intimate relationship between you and Christ. This life begins in faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) and can only be lived by faith.

What are we thankful for?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are we thankful for?

I’m playing a couple songs at a funeral Saturday. I’m thankful it isn’t mine. I’m thankful God has given me the excellent health I’ve enjoyed these years, the gifts, talents and abilities that have made life relatively easy. I’m thankful for those in my life I have loved and who have loved me in return. If there is no heaven I don’t care, to have known my creator now has been wonderful and it gets better as I draw nearer, as I get over myself. What are you thankful for?

In Christ

That God saved such an awful sinner like me.
    And for not rewarding me according to my sins and foolishness as I deserve (Psalm 69:5; 103:10).

Comment

• islandrazor
      islandrazor commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto............

I am like the Wretch the song refers to. I am saved, by nothing I could ever do, but by the Grace of Jesus Christ. To say I am thankful is such an understatement.

Comment

• islandrazor
      islandrazor commented
      Editing a comment
      You're second wretch mate. I'm Number 1.

Islandrazor I would never argue as to who is more wretched. I am no longer what I was, I am becoming more like the Lord I love.

Comment

• islandrazor
      islandrazor commented
      Editing a comment
      Aw, you gave up so easy. I'm not the kid I was either. God is Good.

islandrazor, Aren't you glad we have finally inproved

Comment

• islandrazor
      islandrazor commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, He's really patient. As far as I can see, the only thing graceful about getting older is God's grace. The eyes, the ears, the back, the, well you get the point. I haven't found a heck of a lot of grace in that. It's more of a nuisance. Perhaps when people speak of of aging gracefully, they are referring to the years prior to 50. It's all good. Life is but a vapor.

Islandeazor, To be honest onlt my first 20 were without serious health issues. Today I spent 4 hours getting an infusion, these are weekly now and perhaps might go to twice a week, oh getting "more mature" not older is not for wimps.

Comment

• islandrazor
      islandrazor commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to read that Mike. Words can say a lot and yet never touch sorrow or pain. So, God be with you and true life lies ahead for us.

I'm thankful that I will live 99.99999999999% of my life without sin and the imputed righteousness of God.
    Relatively speaking, the other 0.00000000001% of life sucks (though, by human standards it has been good).

How can one be thankful enough for being given everything? Romans 8:32

Comment

• Just Mike
      Just Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      Sinless perfection, hey?

• islandrazor
      islandrazor commented
      Editing a comment
      I certainly can't make that claim my friend. God bless you.

• Fastfredy0
      Fastfredy0 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you misunderstand me. I am going to live forever and 99.99999999% of the time will occur after my physical, earthly death. I am thankful for that. Most people answers are about 0.0000000001% of their lives and not for the afterlife. I thought I would mention the more significant, longer period.

For a particular event in my life:
    I am thankful that towards end of 2015 when my older son was being medically assessed for joining the army they picked up an irregular heartbeat. Long story short- dilative cardiomyopathy, in worst cases people need a heart transplant. Since then it has improved from severe to borderline normal.

It moved him from an atheist to agnostic worldview.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap