The Christian life is a personal intimate relationship between you and Christ. This life begins in faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) and can only be lived by faith.

Osteen, the feel good heretic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osteen, the feel good heretic

Recently a rather popular blogger and radio host called Joel Osteen out on something he noticed in his tweets, and was blocked from twitter for his effort.

Doesn't surprise me. This was the most hilarious response to Osteen that I have seen to date: Internet troll impersonates evangelist Joel Osteen on his own Facebook page and the results are hilarious -Christforums

While I frown upon trolling, this troll made me laugh.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

"Osteen, the feel good heretic." That sounds right.
      Comment>

I like the Osteen, the Feel Good Heretic, because his parodies were spot on. I wish the owners of Twitter would make up their mind about whether they are a platform where people can have fun and talk or whether they are going to micromanage everything. It's a parody account, there is a parody account for Trump and no one has taken it down. So this selective picking and choosing what they allow it a bit ridiculous. Parodies and satire are under fair use, so they don't have a good reason to take it down other than preference.
        Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
          I like the Osteen, the Feel Good Heretic, because his parodies were spot on. I wish the owners of Twitter would make up their mind about whether they are a platform where people can have fun and talk or whether they are going to micromanage everything. It's a parody account, there is a parody account for Trump and no one has taken it down. So this selective picking and choosing what they allow it a bit ridiculous. Parodies and satire are under fair use, so they don't have a good reason to take it down other than preference.
          Sounds like you have stumbled upon an opportunity to build a social networking site like twitter, but without all the hidden agendas and micromanaging.
          Comment>

All that I have seen about Joel Osteen is that the only thing he cares about is the amount of dollars he can rake in. It makes me sick to be honest, because the image he portrays of someone who is religious probably makes a lot of people steer away from Christ rather than towards Him. If people think he's a true representation of what it means to be a Christian I feel like they must be horrified :(
            Comment>

Well I have to say thank you to William for giving me a good laugh for an otherwise pretty dull Saturday night. This guy is really something, and I have yet to meet anyone who anything positive to say about him. Of course that is not to say that they are not out there, because for some reason he seems to still have a following. It is all about the money for this guy, and it is very apparent. I could really go the rest of life hearing nothing more of him and be perfectly content.
              Comment>

Joel Osteen preaches the 'prosperity gospel' and it has a very seductive appeal, especially to those people who live close to the poverty line or who are looking to join a church that makes them feel good and is unremittingly positive. If you have lived a hardscrabble life and are just scraping by, then hearing Joel Osteen pontificating that Jesus wants you to be rich and have good things has got to be very appealing. As a Catholic, we are well known for having the "Catholic guilt" down pat and for people who don't want their conscience troubled, joining Osteen's permissive church is almost like a 'hall pass' justifying their rather immoral behavior.
                Comment>

My Grandfather is super into Osteen's stuff. He's got, and often mails us, many of Osteen's books. I balk at them every time they come in. I find the man to be leading so many people astray. My Grandpa lives in an assisted home and my Aunt Ruth has to often bring food by in order for him to have anything to eat because he keeps sending everything he gets from his pension to Osteen. He even insisted to my non-believing Aunt that "I'd rather go hungry than not give that man my money!" Now, how does that look to an outsider? Not good, I would imagine.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by deanyd_17 View Post
                    my Aunt Ruth has to often bring food by in order for him to have anything to eat because he keeps sending everything he gets from his pension to Osteen.
                    Have you considered the possibility of getting him declared legally incompetent so a relative could manage his money for him?
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap