The Christian life is a personal intimate relationship between you and Christ. This life begins in faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) and can only be lived by faith.

How You Can Be Saved Forever and Know It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How You Can Be Saved Forever and Know It

How You Can Be Saved Forever and Know It

"What must I do to be saved?" you ask. Here is God's answer given in Acts 16:31: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Many are deceived, yet they should not be. It is not hard to be saved if one sincerely wishes to come God's way. To do the will of the Father means simply to trust Jesus Christ His Son who died to save you. He paid for all your sins. God is satisfied with the price Jesus paid, and offers free pardon to all who depend upon the Lord Jesus Christ for mercy. All through the Bible that blessed truth is given. Claim these blessed promises today:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." - John 5:24.

Hi Gismys, I see you're new here, so WELCOME TO CF :)

Yours in Christ,
    David
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Salvation demands faith in Jesus. But that's not all there is to it. When you have faith in Jesus and call Him LORD and Master as any servant should then you must do everything He commands you to. If you don't then the LORD/Master will have to punish you for disobeying His commandments. Christianity is a way of life. Live the life and you'll be saved. Fail to and you'll have proved you can't be a resident of God's Kingdom.
      Comment>

How can one be saved forever yet the Bible says that everybody is a sinner? Think about the part of the Lord's prayer that says
        ''Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.'' How can you avoid this prayer because you're saved?
        Comment>

Originally posted by Francis View Post
          How can one be saved forever yet the Bible says that everybody is a sinner? Think about the part of the Lord's prayer that says
          ''Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.'' How can you avoid this prayer because you're saved?
          We didn't stop being sinners because Jesus died for our sake. We are still sinners until the day we die, God just forgives us our sins because we believe Jesus and accept him into our hearts. The pray asking for God to forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us, comes from the parable about the lord who forgave his servant's debt. But when the servant met another man who owed him money and he didn't forgive him, so the lord heard about it and punished him. The pray is about forgiving others of their sins against you because you are being forgiven of your sins.
          Comment>

We are saved forever because of our beliefs and being in Christ forever. Everyone is a sinner, because no one is perfect; we sin daily. As we sin, oft times it is towards our fellow man. We must forgive the wrong they do to us, knowingly or unknowingly and vice versa. For example, should I not forgive the person who cut me off on the road when it was I, who not realizing it, did it to them first? Prayer is an integral part of our Christian life.
            Comment>

Well I should first that all of the previous posters did a very good job at putting things so eloquently that I just have a big old smile after reading all of those. The first words that came rushing to my head when I read the title was that "because my Lord tells me so". Then I started to think about how it is much more than just that and I could go on for hours, but we don't have time for that. I just know that every time I read or hear the words "for God so loved the world" I tend to get the goosebumps. It is cliche but one of my favorites.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap