The Christian life is a personal intimate relationship between you and Christ. This life begins in faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) and can only be lived by faith.

The bible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bible

The Bible relates how humanity and the creation itself came into being, fell into destruction, are redeemed by God in a decisive event in history, and will be renovated by God spiritually, materially and eternally. It is God’s view of the human story from creation through eternity. Note: even though it is the story of the creation, including humanity, the main character is God.

Originally posted by Konyui Ngwengi View Post
    The Bible relates how humanity and the creation itself came into being, fell into destruction, are redeemed by God in a decisive event in history, and will be renovated by God spiritually, materially and eternally. It is God’s view of the human story from creation through eternity. Note: even though it is the story of the creation, including humanity, the main character is God.
    Yeah, The Bible is the word of God because it reveals the word of God, who is the son of God,our Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible is God's word which reveals the plan of God far beyond our human understanding but could be understood with the help of Holy Spirit and loving our Lord Jesus Christ and his Father. All things were done for only one and only through one person i.e. Jesus Christ. who revealed the God's salvation plan for us through his sacrifice at the cross at Calvary.
    Comment>

The bible is the Word of God but I also like to think of it as a love story. God creates Adam, he rebels but because God loves him, the plan of redemption is set in motion and God makes the ultimate sacrifice sending Jesus to earth to pay die so Adam's progeny could live. It all ends with man redeemed and living with God in the new earth. It certainly is the greatest love story ever told. Who else could love mankind the way God does and did even when everyone was sinful?
      Comment>

I don't know if "renovated" is the right word to describe what God is going to do.
        Comment>

Pretty much? The main character has always been God. He is the creator of the "game" (if I may compare it to the video game) and we are just players in this world. He controls what happens, He controls what stories take place, and He needs to see the good in people and if not, He makes changes to make the world a better place. He has always been the main character, and I find it highly amusing if anyone thinks THEY are the main character in this story, as it would sound incredibly narcissistic of them to claim such a bold statement about the universe and life itself.
          Comment>

Originally posted by OursIsTheFury View Post
            Pretty much? The main character has always been God. He is the creator of the "game" (if I may compare it to the video game) and we are just players in this world. He controls what happens, He controls what stories take place, and He needs to see the good in people and if not, He makes changes to make the world a better place. He has always been the main character, and I find it highly amusing if anyone thinks THEY are the main character in this story, as it would sound incredibly narcissistic of them to claim such a bold statement about the universe and life itself.
            There are plenty of people, who are arguably non-believers, who would consider themselves the main character. Many of them are in politics.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap