There is something healthy about returning to one’s roots. When it comes to evangelical Christianity, its roots are found in the soil of the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation.

Single or dual election?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single or dual election?

My understanding is, God predestines those who he will show mercy and those he will give their due punishment, dual election.
    God dose not make anyone sin, that is their innate behavior.

Romans 9:21 Have the potter not have right over the clay?
    Single election.
    100.00%
    Dual election.
    0%

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
    My understanding is, God predestines those who he will show mercy and those he will give their due punishment, dual election.
    God dose not make anyone sin, that is their innate behavior.

Romans 9:21 Have the potter not have right over the clay?
    G'evening brutha,

The decree of election is only positive. The decree of reprobation is negative.

To teach a "positive positive" schema is to distort the Reformed doctrine of double predestination. The Reformed view of double predestination is "positive negative".

Here's an informative article you may want to read: “Double” Predestination - Christforums

The above article by R.C. Sproul should show you more in depth why suggesting double "election" is not correct. I believe your understanding is correct, but I only take issue with how you conveyed it.

I do not think that either doctrines Single Predestination or Double Predestination actually teach "double election".

God bless,
    William

Comment

God doesn't 'elect' any to judgement - rather he chooses to save some from that judgement (that is election) reprobation is God's choice to leave someone in their sin so that he might be glorified in his justice.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap