There is something healthy about returning to one’s roots. When it comes to evangelical Christianity, its roots are found in the soil of the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation.

Idolatry of Mary worship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idolatry of Mary worship

Catholics don't worship Mary. If you have evidence to the contrary please present it.

But I'm not going to listen to hours of rubbish from John MacArthur.
    Last edited by Bede; 07-13-2015, 02:14 AM.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Bede View Post
      Catholics don't worship Mary. If you have evidence to the contrary please present it.

Matthew 4:10
      Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”

Acts 10:26
      But Peter lifted him up, saying,“Stand up; I too am a man.”

Luke 11:26b-28
      A woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to [Jesus], “Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts at which you nursed!” 28 But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

The world looks different to us who don't view the world through Roman Catholic colored glasses.

That, to any Bible-believing Protestant, constitutes Pope Francis worshiping Mary.
      Comment>

The usual Protestant reaction;

A bunch of irrelevant scripture quotes and pictures that do not show what is claimed.

I presume you think the people depicted are worhipping.

How do you know that?
        Have you asked them?
        Can you see into their minds and hearts?

The Catholic Church does not acknowledge any other God than the one true God.

The Creed which we say every Sunday at Mass starts “I believe in one God…” That is what I subscribed to on this forum. Are you calling me a liar?

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church
        I. "I BELIEVE IN ONE GOD"
        200 These are the words with which the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed begins. the confession of God's oneness, which has its roots in the divine revelation of the Old Covenant, is inseparable from the profession of God's existence and is equally fundamental. God is unique; there is only one God: "The Christian faith confesses that God is one in nature, substance and essence."
        I'll give you a scripture you might do well to ponder on:
        "Not as man sees does God see, because man sees the appearance but the Lord looks into the heart.” (1Sam 16:7)

Do you think you are God to see into peoples hearts?

Comment>

Excellent evidence Cornelius!!!
          Originally posted by Cornelius View Post

Matthew 4:10
          Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”

Acts 10:26
          But Peter lifted him up, saying,“Stand up; I too am a man.”

Luke 11:26b-28
          A woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to [Jesus], “Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts at which you nursed!” 28 But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

The world looks different to us who don't view the world through Roman Catholic colored glasses.

That, to any Bible-believing Protestant, constitutes Pope Francis worshiping Mary.
          Comment>

Evidence of what?

Please explain yourself.
            Comment>

Here is a picture of Jews worshipping carved stone.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	jewsatwall.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	5094
              Comment>

A little into the first video (which is only twenty minutes long) Dr. John MacArthur quoted Pope John Paul II when he called out to "Mary, my mother!" when shot he thanked Mary for saving his life. I found this rather interesting to say the least, and thought the whole video series quite educational. One thing a person cannot deny, Dr. John MacArthur isn't afraid of offending. His series on Roman Catholicism is as well done as his Strange Fire Conference.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>

Here is a picture of Jews worshipping carved stone.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n5094[/ATTACH]
                  I disagree with the pseudo-jewish religion and with their wailing wall practice. But, they believe they're praying directly to God.

[FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px]Pope Frances worshiping carved stone (your words), following the ritual of those who openly reject Jesus.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                  Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                    A little into the first video (which is only twenty minutes long) Dr. John MacArthur quoted Pope John Paul II when he called out to "Mary, my mother!" when shot he thanked Mary for saving his life. I found this rather interesting to say the least, and thought the whole video series quite educational. One thing a person cannot deny, Dr. John MacArthur isn't afraid of offending. His series on Roman Catholicism is as well done as his Strange Fire Conference.

God bless,
                    William
                    And your problem with Pope John Paul II is?
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                      I disagree with the pseudo-jewish religion and with their wailing wall practice. But, they believe they're praying directly to God.
                      Whilst worshipping stones at the same time?

Comment>

Here is a picture of a man worshipping the Queen of England

Name:	investiture.jpg
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	5102
                        Comment>

And your problem with Pope John Paul II is?
                          Why don't you actually review the material before commenting?

God bless,
                          William
                          Comment>

And a woman prostrate in worhip before a carved stone

Name:	grave.jpeg
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	5105
                            Comment>

And President Bush worshipping a bunch of flowers

Name:	presidentbush.jpg
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	5107