There is something healthy about returning to one’s roots. When it comes to evangelical Christianity, its roots are found in the soil of the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation.

Are Catholics Saved!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Catholics Saved!

Catholics might have some wrong doctrine, but that doesn't prevent them from being saved. Loving God and neighbor matters more than having the right doctrine.

(Love is reflected in affinity for righteousness and following God's Word to the best of your honest understanding. It doesn't work to slap the label "love" on something to attempt to justify approving or supporting something immoral.)
    Comment>

The big answer needed to the question Are Catholics Saved? Another question: Do they know the true Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Many will come to the Lord on Judgment Day saying, "Lord, have we not preached in the streets in your name..." What is "in your name?" It is in the knowledge of who He is. The doctrines of Christ must be accepted. To some extent, Cornelius is right, in that to the degree we know Scripture we believe, we are saved, know this first, that Jesus died, was buried and raised from the dead. Jesus telling the workers of iniquity to depart thought they were doing good works and should be saved. RCC is a church of good works in many cases, but does in really know the Lord? Since so many doctrines, and here I disagree with Cornelius, doctrines are essential to knowing what and who we believe in, if they are ignored or twisted, they are false, as the Bible says, those that would turn the truth into a lie. This I believe the RCC does, based on actual observation of masses nuns taking their final vows, and a Catholic wedding where the bride was knelt down before a statue depicting Mary and prayed to her in front of it. The other graven images are against God's commandments as well, which things are doctrine. There may be some Christians who don't put the RCC first, but the Bible but are disobedient in not leaving the RCC for a truthful church. The RCC is a cult as defined in the dictionary. There does not seem to be any polite way to say these things except to say that they are as a warning to spare those who do have an ear to hear and see for themselves that what I am saying is the truth... and there is more. "Judge not by the appearance but judge righteous judgment."
      Comment>

Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
        a Catholic wedding where the bride was knelt down before a statue depicting Mary and prayed to her in front of it
        And what is wrong with that?

The other graven images are against God's commandments as well,
        Only if you are a Jew trying to live under the Sinai Covenant.

There may be some Christians who don't put the RCC first, but the Bible but are disobedient in not leaving the RCC for a truthful church.
        The Catholic Church is the most truthful to the gospel since it was founded by Jesus Christ and is guaranteed by him to teach the truth.

RCC is a cult as defined in the dictionary.
        The Catholic Church is not a cult. You obviously know nothing about cults.

There does not seem to be any polite way to say these things
        So you haven't bothered to try!

"Judge not by the appearance but judge righteous judgment."
        For someone who is making false judgements about the Catholic Churh I think you ought to take that to heart.

Comment>

So far as I can make out, the Catholic Church was the original Christian church. It then went astray, during the middle ages, assuming worldly and temporal power was simultaneous and synonymous with spiritual power. And the current Pope is trying to rectify that mistake,

I do not think one is saved by being a Catholic, any more than one is saved by being a Christian. But I do think it helps.

Best wishes, 2RM.
          Comment>

Catholicism...is a front for the Kingdom of Satan...
            I need hear no more. This is not the love of God, among people who love God, and love each other. This is propaganda, preaching of difference, to justify hatred.

Best wishes, 2RM.
            Last edited by 2ndRateMind; 07-12-2015, 08:38 AM.
            Comment>

Originally posted by 2ndRateMind View Post
              So far as I can make out, the Catholic Church was the original Christian church. It then went astray, during the middle ages, assuming worldly and temporal power was simultaneous and synonymous with spiritual power. And the current Pope is trying to rectify that mistake,

Best wishes, 2RM.
              The literal meaning of catholic with a lower case "c" applies to the universal church or the body of Christ. Protestant churches use the term "catholic Church" to refer broadly to all believers in Jesus Christ across the world and the ages, regardless of denominational affiliation. Generally, to avoid confusion between this concept and the Roman Catholic Church, theologians will refer to the “universal church” as the “church catholic,” utilizing the lower case, instead of “Catholic Church.”

As far as the first church and the only True Church with a capital "C", The Roman Catholic Church makes this claim through apostolic succession arguments, which are also used by a number of different churches to assert that their church is the “one true church.”

There are those that focus on men and their doctrine, and the resulting man centered doctrine is the hall mark of the Catholic faith which is evidenced by Catholic soteriology. The only infallible standard that Scripture says that we have is the Bible (Isaiah 8:20; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Matthew 5:18; John 10:35; Isaiah 40:8; 1 Peter 2:25; Galatians 1:6-9). Although, tradition is a part of every church, tradition must be compared to God's Word, unless it goes against what is true (Mark 7:1-13). It is true that the cults and sometimes orthodox churches twist the interpretation of Scripture to support their practices; nonetheless, Scripture, when taken in context and faithfully studied, is able to guide one to the truth.

The current soteriology of Roman Catholicism is evidence of departing from Scripture and the previous position of the early Church. Clearly, this as well as what follows are pivotal moments in Church history:

Pelagianism was condemned. Six years after the council of Carthage a general council of African Churches reaffirmed the anathemas of 412 AD. Zosimus sided with Pelagius in 412, he wrote a letter condemning the anathema of Carthage. Of course having the support of Scripture, the leaders of the Carthagian Council disregarded the Bishop and his letter. Philip Schaff noted church historian observes, "This temporary favor of the bishop of Rome towards the Pelagian heresy is a significant presage of the indulgence of later popes for pelagianizing tendencies". It was these later "pelagianizing tendencies" that lead to the works-righteousness advocated by the bishop of Rome that later led to the Roman Catholic belief system. This was a pivotal moment in church history. Cornelius Otto Jansen like Martin Luther believed the early Church of Rome departed from its position that all of life was by the grace of God. And like Augustine Jansen taught that man's spirit was dead in sin, and therefore needed to be regenerated. Jansen understood that this was something that happened to man by God's grace and not something man made happen by his faith. In 1713 Pope Clement the XI issued a Papal Bull denouncing over 100 statements, many of which were actual quotes of Augustine. A Church that once sided with Augustine now sided with Pelagius.

I need hear no more. This is not the love of God, among people who love God, and love each other. This is the propaganda of difference, to justify hatred.
              Coming from someone that believes homosexual relations are legitimate expressions of love....

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Coming from someone that believes homosexual relations are legitimate expressions of love....
                Indeed so. Take that as you will. I far prefer love to hatred, and it's ill-spawned offspring, violence.

Cheers, 2RM
                Comment>

Indeed so. Take that as you will. I far prefer love to hatred, and it's ill-spawned offspring, violence.

Cheers, 2RM
                  So you're homosexual?
                  Comment>

What they have isn't love it is lust. No, I don't advocate violence, but I sure do advocate speaking out against sin, which homosexuality is. We are all sinners anyway, so why start excusing one sin after another? God won't.
                    Comment>

So you're homosexual?

Does it matter? I have never based my position on what suits me, only on what is just. But, as it happens, I am heterosexual and celibate.

Best wishes, 2RM
                      Last edited by 2ndRateMind; 07-12-2015, 09:28 AM.
                      Comment>

Does it matter? I have never based by position on what suits me, only on what is just. But, as it happens, I am heterosexual and celibate.

Best wishes, 2RM
                        Look, try using Scripture in your posts, I know that this may be a foreign idea to you, otherwise you're doing what you claim not to be doing. And please refrain from attaching Scripture as a foot note to your own personal ideology. But instead, demonstrate your heart and mind are both aligned to the Word of God.

That's my advice,
                        William
                        Comment>

I notice I have be warned. Someone was insulted by something I said. I am not sure what it was I said, that made them feel insulted, or what that perception of insult was. I can only think that my personal philosophies have challenged those of the powers that be, and that in their pettymindedness, they want to move me towards being banned. Well, what will be, will be. I couldn't honestly care that much.

Best wishes, 2RM.
                          Comment>

Look, try using Scripture in your posts, I know that this may be a foreign idea to you, otherwise you're doing what you claim not to be doing. And please refrain from attaching Scripture as a foot note to your own personal ideology. But instead, demonstrate your heart and mind are both aligned to the Word of God.

That's my advice,
                            William

The Devil, it is said, cites scripture for his own purposes. I have always been wary of this, for that reason. Scripture speaks to each of us as we are, rather than proving our points of disagreement. As for scripture, or the ultimate Good that is God, well, I choose the Good. Every time.

Best wishes, 2RM.
                            Comment>

You can call it love, but it's anything but. If sodomites knew anything about love, they'd be dead set against the abuse of adopting children to homosexuals, where the children will face a very high risk of sexual abuse and face a near certain social developmental problems (which,of course, Liberal psychologists will deny exist, because the welfare of the children is not in their interest). Living in a world of lies is not love.

Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap