There is something healthy about returning to one’s roots. When it comes to evangelical Christianity, its roots are found in the soil of the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation.

United 'Statists' of America?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    United 'Statists' of America?

    “A government that is big enough to give you whatever you want is big enough to take away
    everything you have.” This political aphorism is often wrongly attributed to Thomas Jefferson.
    Although said by Gerald Ford, nevertheless, Jefferson would likely have agreed since he observed,
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

    Statism extols this seemingly inexorable tendency to centralize power in the state. Rather than
    lodging power in individuals and independent bodies of government, statists believe that the highest
    good of life is human government.2 A corollary of statism is that government is best able to meet the
    needs of its people. Statists are committed to an ever increasing role of government in all spheres of
    life. In statist philosophy, family, church, business, religion, education and local government should
    all be under the control of a vast centralized governmental bureaucracy. If followed to its logical
    conclusion, statism leads to some form of totalitarianism. Ultimately, the emphasis on the collective
    destroys the significance of the individual.....
    Attached Files

    #2
    And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? 15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thya soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. a thy...: Gr. do they require thy soul

    Lk 12:14-21


    Jesus also said " what profit is there if a man gains the whole world yet loses his soul.

    We should Take care where our love is
    Comment>

      #3
      Originally posted by mitchel View Post
      And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? 15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. 16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thya soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. a thy...: Gr. do they require thy soul

      Lk 12:14-21


      Jesus also said " what profit is there if a man gains the whole world yet loses his soul.

      Take care where you love is
      Mitchel,

      Are you seeing the 30 page PDF attached to the OP?


      Click image for larger version

Name:	pdf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	44268
      Comment>

        #4
        Originally posted by William View Post

        Mitchel,

        Are you seeing the 30 page PDF attached to the OP?


        Click image for larger version

Name:	pdf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	44268

        If I wanted to read a book I would have gone to Barnes and Noble

        Perhaps I should have asked what is your point?

        We are a capitalistic democracy. We are not totalitarian. How ever we may getting closer to it. My point is not my point But the Lords point. Love for retirement portfolios and material wealth
        Comment>

          #5
          Originally posted by mitchel View Post
          If I wanted to read a book I would have gone to Barnes and Noble
          Why can't you answer a simple question? I needed to know whether your account can access attachments.

          Originally posted by mitchel View Post
          Perhaps I should have asked what is your point?
          My point? You're commenting on a thread title and you're asking the point of the OP?

          Originally posted by mitchel View Post
          We are a capitalistic democracy. We are not totalitarian. How ever we may getting closer to it. My point is not my point But the Lords point. Love for retirement portfolios and material wealth
          Your comment has nothing to do with the OP.

          William
          Comment>

            #6
            Originally posted by William View Post

            Why can't you answer a simple question? I needed to know whether your account can access attachments.

            William
            Yes I guess so. I read about a page of it. I tend not to go into long reading. It gets tiresome. I didn't care for the all that kind of language. I'm just a simple man and I like reading things that I now what they are saying. How ever when it comes from my king James Bible. I know what it's saying
            Comment>

              #7
              Originally posted by mitchel View Post
              Yes I guess so. I read about a page of it.
              Good to know. I thought there was an issue with "account permissions". You are not the first person which seemingly ignored the attachment. I wasn't sure whether you could see or even download it.

              God bless,
              William
              Comment>

                #8
                Originally posted by William View Post

                Good to know. I thought there was an issue with "account permissions". You are not the first person which seemingly ignored the attachment. I wasn't sure whether you could see or even download it.

                God bless,
                William
                I see you are Presbyterian. So you were just testing attachments or was there something you wanted to share. I went to a Presbyterian church for spell. I believe God knows no walls when we attach names to our faith. How would you say? Names are only walls that divide. Looking to politics is a distraction in the free world church. Even the organized church can be a distraction.
                Comment>

                  #9
                  Originally posted by mitchel View Post

                  I see you are Presbyterian. So you were just testing attachments or was there something you wanted to share. I went to a Presbyterian church for spell. I believe God knows no walls when we attach names to our faith. How would you say? names are only walls that divide. Looking to politics is a distraction in the free world.
                  I wanted to share a 30 page article that it appears you are not interested in reading.

                  As for the rest of your comment, please keep to the OP, but I'm sure if you posted in the Presbyterian part of the board you may get engagement.

                  God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    Originally posted by William View Post

                    I wanted to share a 30 page article that it appears you are not interested in reading.

                    As for the rest of your comment, please keep to the OP, but I'm sure if you posted in the Presbyterian part of the board you may get engagement.

                    God bless,
                    William
                    Well did you really think that most would read a thirty page article. Sorry about getting off OP. I was testing the water. You see I do not identify with any denom. Is there a board that I can express why God knows no denominations. Something more flexible like general discussion. Im not trying to ruffle feathers, but I spoke the truth.
                    Comment>

                      #11
                      Originally posted by mitchel View Post

                      Well did you really think that most would read a thirty page article. Sorry about getting off OP. I was testing the water. You see I do not identify with any denom. Is there a board that I can express why God knows no denominations. Something more flexible like general discussion. Im not trying to ruffle feathers, but I spoke the truth.
                      If you want to hold peoples interest and it is really relative to our faith most will not read more than a page or two. So getting right to the point and being concise. is much better. Just saying.
                      Comment>

                        #12
                        Originally posted by mitchel View Post
                        Is there a board that I can express why God knows no denominations.
                        You can start a thread in the General Faith section: General Faith - Christforums

                        God bless,
                        William
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap