Dos and Don'ts, all we need to know is the Bible; however, not all is covered explicitly. Discuss how Christians should act or what they should do when facing divorce, smoking, and other issues.

Be fruitful and multiply.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LostWanderer Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Hope your time here is fruitful, and I hope you become a regular.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      LostWanderer Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Hope your time here is fruitful, and I hope you become a regular.

God bless,
      William
      Thanks! I might stay around. This is the only forum I've gone to that's analytical rather than emotional and harshly judgmental.
      Comment>

Originally posted by LostWanderer View Post

Although societies (esp post-industrial? can't remember) are destroyed if the birth rate is too high. The environment can't sustain them; this has happened repeatedly.
        Yet the world still produces enough food to supply ten billion people but there are only 7 billion of us! Starving people are from political failures.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

I think that Paul is pretty clear saying that some are gifted for various offices in the church (some single and some married). Likewise he suggests that some should remain single (1 Corinthians 7) to better serve the Lord. Paul continues, "celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others."

As to me, personally, I'm in too bad of shape not to need a helpmeet :2:

God bless,
          William
          In matt. 19: 10-12 we see the same princible.." some are eunics for the cause of The Holy Spirit.". Those who aren't like Paul should marry so they're not repressing urgies and can focus more on their walk with Christ and prayer life.
          Comment>

Thanks! I might stay around. This is the only forum I've gone to that's analytical rather than emotional and harshly judgmental.
            We do recommend that people separate their emotions from the topics and subjects at hand. They'll last longer here ;)

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post

In matt. 19: 10-12 we see the same princible.." some are eunics for the cause of The Holy Spirit.". Those who aren't like Paul should marry so they're not repressing urgies and can focus more on their walk with Christ and prayer life.
              1 Corinthians 7 is "the" chapter that deals with this subject, "But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion." If that is what you mean then I agree with you. :)

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Yet the world still produces enough food to supply ten billion people but there are only 7 billion of us! Starving people are from political failures.

God bless,
                William

Government plays a role, yes. People take down too many trees, leading to environmental disaster (the earth no longer has the strength it needs) and do so without replanting more. If they were forced to resupply, and not chop down entire areas (leave some still standing) it might go decently. Unfortunately, 'til Christ returns, I'm not sure we'll see much success in this area when birthrate is massive, i.e. 7+.
                Comment>

We do recommend that people separate their emotions from the topics and subjects at hand. They'll last longer here ;)

God bless,
                  William
                  It wasn't until your second post in my original thread that I realized you were serious that you wanted me to post my topic on lust. I thought you were trolling me and looking for a reason to ban me. LOL... Other forums would have.
                  Comment>

Government plays a role, yes. People take down too many trees, leading to environmental disaster (the earth no longer has the support it needs) and do so without replanting more. If they were forced to resupply, and not chop down entire areas (leave some still standing) it might go decently. Unfortunately, 'til Christ returns, I'm not sure we'll see much success in this area when birthrate is massive, i.e. 7+.
                    Without Christ, I'd say our future looks totally bleak.

I am an Amillennialist, so to me before Christ comes could be another six thousand years or so or rather a time of completion. I have faith that whatever will be needed will be provided until all the Elect are accounted for.

But I note your insinuation that man should be a good steward, accountable and responsible for not only being fruitful and multiplying but also subduing nature. That is, finding solutions to not only environmental problems but also medical illness etc. I think subduing nature can be solving our environmental problems and lack of food or poor nutrition.
                    • Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>

Overpopulation isn't the problem, it's greed, hedonism, and consumerisim. Or you just say the world is perishing while humanisim keeps defeating itself.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
                        Overpopulation isn't the problem, it's greed, hedonism, and consumerisim. Or you just say the world is perishing while humanisim keeps defeating itself.
                        Since when does liberalism make self defeating statements :4:

It wasn't until your second post in my original thread that I realized you were serious that you wanted me to post my topic on lust. I thought you were trolling me and looking for a reason to ban me. LOL... Other forums would have.
                        Of course I do, I welcome rational discourse, Brother? You are a Christian? Just curious, because I see your denomination listed as "other". Just to let you know, if your denomination is not listed and you would like it to be you can do so in the Update section of the board where you can ask questions and make suggestions: Suggestions and Questions -Christforums

We are even open to making new groups in our denomination part of the forum under "Faith".

I do not mean to put you on the spot, but I see that you haven't made an introduction and therefore haven't answered to my curiosity :D

God bless,
                        William
                        Comment>

Of course I do, I welcome rational discourse, Brother? You are a Christian? Just curious, because I see your denomination listed as "other". Just to let you know, if your denomination is not listed and you would like it to be you can do so in the Update section of the board where you can ask questions and make suggestions: Suggestions and Questions -Christforums

We are even open to making new groups in our denomination part of the forum under "Faith".

I do not mean to put you on the spot, but I see that you haven't made an introduction and therefore haven't answered to my curiosity :D

God bless,
                          William
                          I'm Calvary Chapel and that wasn't in the list.

Whether I'm Christian.. I believe, help my unbelief (I doubt.)
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap