Dos and Don'ts, all we need to know is the Bible; however, not all is covered explicitly. Discuss how Christians should act or what they should do when facing divorce, smoking, and other issues.

The Rose Parade of 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rose Parade of 2017

One of the floats were for the LGBT group of followers. I never thought I would see this day. What a terrible celebration of a sick sinful sexual addicted group of people needing to be saved.

justme

On the other hand there were some Christians who used the Parade as an opportunity for evangelism.

Pre-Rose Parade Evangelism Report: Discussion with a Pantheist who attacked Christianity | The Domain for Truth
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

There was one Christian float in the parade..... it celebrating the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation. It was by the Lutheran Laymen's League of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. It has been in every Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade for 60 years. All other churches and Christian organizations have dropped out over the years due to the very high cost of this presence (seen by half a billion people around the world). The LLL of the LCMS largely pays for its float with thousand of "Petal Pushers" - members of LCMS churches who help the float builders decorate the churches (they are unpaid, but the LLL has the cost of their float adjusted accordingly - in recognition of all the enormous labor given by these Lutheran "Petal Pushers").

Personally, I worked on the Farmer's Insurance float. My 8 hours of service helping to fund the only Christian witness in the parade.

A blessed New Year to you and yours....

Pax Christi
      Comment>

Josiah, I am so glad you posted this. I lived in Lancaster and only went once to see it live. My wife to be and I went when Bob Hope was the Grand Marshal in 1969. The crowd was really so large, but nothing beats seeing it right in person. Your efforts are appreciated, and I say thank you!

justme
        Comment>

I've never been to the Rose Parade, but it sounds spectacular and it is good to know there are still some churches represented. Most of our parades here are now mainly secular and in those that are not, although other faiths seem to be represented very few churches take part.

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
          On the other hand there were some Christians who used the Parade as an opportunity for evangelism.

Pre-Rose Parade Evangelism Report: Discussion with a Pantheist who attacked Christianity | The Domain for Truth
          Thank you for sharing that article. It is a good argument and I would never have thought of it, but I am adding it to my selection now!
          Last edited by ChatterBox; 01-20-2017, 11:43 AM.
          Comment>

Actually, there's just one church involved in the parade: the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
            Comment>

I saw several Christian entries and it was so very nice.
              Comment>

Originally posted by justme View Post
                I saw several Christian entries and it was so very nice.

Rose Parade 2017: Here’s the complete lineup with every float, band and equestrian group in order

Actually, for many years now, there has been just one Christian float: The Lutheran Layman's League ("Lutheran Hour Ministries") of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, #84. It won the Princess’ Award trophy for “Most Beautiful Float 35 Feet and Under.” This was the 65th year for the LCMS having a float in the parade. Decades ago, several Christian churches and organizations had entries but they've all dropped out (quite some time ago) leaving just one.

True - the Salvation Army BAND has been in the parade for a long time too and it might be counted as a Christian presence as they played a TUNE of a Christian song.

- Josiah
                Comment>

Thanks for the clarification, good for the Lutheran's League!
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap