Dos and Don'ts, all we need to know is the Bible; however, not all is covered explicitly. Discuss how Christians should act or what they should do when facing divorce, smoking, and other issues.

Ending abortion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ending abortion

One of the first commands God gave to Noah after he left the ark was one prohibiting murder.
    And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.
    Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.
    Genesis 9:5-6 ESV
    In 1973, in the case of Roe vs. Wade, the Supreme Court ruled that in the United States one class of humans, unborn children, was not entitled to protection by the laws prohibiting murder. Since that time 61,000,000 children have been murdered without their killers suffering any punishment. This failure to uphold God’s law places our country in danger of divine intervention.
    You shall not pollute the land in which you live, for blood pollutes the land, and no atonement can be made for the land for the blood that is shed in it, except by the blood of the one who shed it.
    Numbers 35:33 ESV
    Many attempts have been made to reverse Roe vs. Wade. One organization, the National Pro-Life Alliance, is trying to use one provision of the decision to outlaw abortion by passing a Life at Conception Act.
    When the Supreme Court handed down its now-infamous Roe v. Wade decision, it did so based on a new, previously undefined “right of privacy” which it “discovered” in so-called “emanations” of “penumbrae” of the Constitution.Of course, as constitutional law it was a disaster. But never once did the Supreme Court declare abortion itself to be a Constitutional right.

Instead the Supreme Court said: “We need not resolve the difficult question of when life begins . . . the judiciary at this point in the development of man’s knowledge, is not in a position to speculate as to the answer.”

Then the High Court made a key admission: “If this suggestion of personhood is established, the appellant’s case [i.e. “Roe” who sought the abortion], of course, collapses, for the fetus’ right to life is then guaranteed specifically by the [14th] Amendment.”

That’s exactly what a Life at Conception Act would do.

Legislative Action
    You can find out more about this act by visiting the NPLA’s website.

prolifealliance.com

As a result of our recent election the Republicans have a majority in both houses of Congress and we will soon have a president who claims to be pro-life. There is a good chance that a Life at Conception Act could be passed. We need to pray that Donald Trump and the leaders of Congress will recognize both the need and opportunity and will act accordingly.

For Christians our interest in abortion goes beyond just passing a law to prohibit it. We are commanded to preach the gospel to everyone, including those who favor abortion. If this law is passed it will not be an excuse to lessen our efforts to do this. We will need to continue teaching that abortion is contrary to God’s laws and showing those who have been involved in it how they can be forgiven by placing their faith in Christ. We also need to remember that our real enemy isn’t the people who support abortion but the Satanic forces that inspire them.

Molech -Christforums
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
    For Christians our interest in abortion goes beyond just passing a law to prohibit it. We are commanded to preach the gospel to everyone, including those who favor abortion. If this law is passed it will not be an excuse to lessen our efforts to do this.
    Great article Theo and I couldn't agree more.

You're starting to sound like a theonomist or a supporter of a theocracy! Sometimes, I think that abortion is a necessary evil. Horrible sinners handing down such behavioral patterns and spreading their ungodly ideology. I can't understand at times why God would allow such things to happen. Then I remember, there will come a time when this age passes, and these people, so to speak will be forgotten. So much for the necessary evil considering God will wipe evil from the face of the earth.

I do not think we'll ever end abortion, but I am all for criminalizing any individual or party that takes an innocent persons life.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      You're starting to sound like a theonomist or a supporter of a theocracy!
      I looked up theonomy and found this definition in Wikipedia: "Theonomy, from theos (god) and nomos (law), is the idea that Mosaic law should be observed by modern societies." If this is the meaning I am not a theonomist, but I do believe that the moral standards prescribed by God should be upheld by our nation's laws. I do not believe the government should try to legislate theology.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

I looked up theonomy and found this definition in Wikipedia: "Theonomy, from theos (god) and nomos (law), is the idea that Mosaic law should be observed by modern societies." If this is the meaning I am not a theonomist, but I do believe that the moral standards prescribed by God should be upheld by our nation's laws. I do not believe the government should try to legislate theology.
        There's a difference between a capital (T)heonomist and a theonomist. I have never met a Conservative Christian that was not a theonomist, but I am no Theonomist.

A Theonomist does exactly what you may be alluding to, Theo. They use the Mosiac Laws to prescribe case laws, extracting the principles from the Scripture, and applying it to modern day Government (as you did).

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

I think education is a key element in limiting if not ending abortion. Too many times people say, "It's just tissue." Well, when they see that "tissue" on a monitor, with a heartbeat, they often think differently. I'd love to see more ultrasounds made available to organizations that try to help women who are experiencing unexpected pregnancies to find alternatives to abortion.

There is one such organization in my area that has done great work. They offer not only education but also assistance and support.

I think it needs to be a message of love. That seems to work better than guilt or judgment, especially with vulnerable people in difficult situations.
          Comment>

Theo,

Are you reading this brother?

The bill would make it a fifth-degree felony, punishable by up to one year in prison, for a physician to perform an abortion without checking for a fetal heartbeat or performing the procedure after it can be detected. The doctor also could face a civil lawsuit from the mother and disciplinary action. Read more: House joins Senate in approving heartbeat abortion bill - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH
            God bless,
            William

Comment>

I have some good friends who hold a silent ant-abortion protest several times each month in front of the U.S. Supreme Court with a piece of tape over their mouths that was the word life written on it. I believe we will see an end to abortion in America one day. Here's a picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0628scotusabortionprotest01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	29904
              Comment>

We may have a chance of ending abortion in the US but in France it is becoming illegal to even speak out against abortion:

Spreading Pro-life Alternatives Now a Crime in France | Answers in Genesis
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

We may have a chance of ending abortion in the US but in France it is becoming illegal to even speak out against abortion:

Spreading Pro-life Alternatives Now a Crime in France | Answers in Genesis
                  Wow, that's crazy. Unfortunately, I suspect that we will see more of the above rather than less. It is a scary state of things when you are silenced for having a different opinion. When that opinion is a life or death one, it's truly frightening to be called a criminal for speaking out.

I thank God every day that I was born in the US. Too bad liberalism is trying to take over here as well.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by thisnthat View Post
                    I suspect that we will see more of the above rather than less.
                    If Clinton had been elected we would probably be experiencing something like that very soon.
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>

Unfortunately I have very little faith in Donald Trump to truly do anything about abortion. He was pro-choice before running for President, and stated that he would not even have banned partial birth abortions (this is on video, not just hearsay). I could not vote for Hillary Clinton in good conscience given her support for abortion, but I don't place much faith in Mr. Trump to keep his word either, considering his own stances seem to change with the wind or which crowd he's talking to.
                      Comment>

I don't have much faith in any one candidate to put a stop to abortion. It's really not within the president's (recognized) power to do so. Congress is meant to write law, not the President, not the Court. It will take a strong showing by the people to move Congress in the right direction. Ending heinous things like partial birth abortion, is probably the best, first, step.

Humanizing these babies may be the only way to get through to people. If they are so cold as to think it's okay to murder a baby while it is being born, I'm afraid there won't be any way to change their minds. Other people will see it for the truly vile act that it is.

This is an evil world.
                        Comment>

The corporate media wants to promote abortion as a women's right because they are able to take advantage of it. Pepsi uses the cells of aborted embryos for taste enhancement tasting because they can't do animal testing anymore thanks to those Animal rights people. Many Pharmaceutical companies uses cells of aborted embryos for medicines, vaccines and other stuffs like cosmetics and food.
                          Comment>

I haven't heard about the things you mentioned as far as food. As far as stem cells go, there is a lot of debate. Some says that even adult stem cells are beneficial, if so, why would they need to harvest from killed babies? Follow the money, I guess.

What about the videos of Planned Parenthood talking about harvesting and selling baby parts? What ever happened there? It was swept under the rug rather quickly, and I haven't heard any more about it. Not something the "mainstream media" is eager to cover, I'm sure.
                            Comment>

If you kill a pregnant woman it is a double homocide, yet abortion is legal.

If having the absolute potential to become human without medical intervention (zygote) is not an argument, then a ProChoicer should have no issue with a pregnant woman who smokes, snorts crack cocaine, or even found a way to mutilate the fetus so that it would be born deformed.

If one were to argue from grounds of bodily autonomy, then they should be overjoyed that a siamese twin exercized their right by slaying their "parasitic" attached twin because "It was their body." [This is my neat little thought experiment I came up with in the shower]

Its funny how after over 40 years of abortion being legal we still have massive ProChoice rallies every year. It shows how legalties are not really the focus of these rallies, they already have those. These are parades that are striving to make it a societal norm so that they can avoid guilt and shame for participating in the absolute destruction of millions of human lives.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap