Join with others to discuss God and/or the Biblical Doctrine of the Trinity (Godhead). Discuss the attributes and characteristics of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Does God Still Kill People?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Israel View Post

I don't write many long posts because most peoples' attention span seems to dissipate the longer they have to read it.

What I am saying in a nutshell is that God and the Father of Christ does not kill any man. It is satan that has the power of death. The men and women of the OT were carnal. They did carnal things and attributed it to God.

Elijah called fire from heaven in the sight of men that they can believe in the LORD God or YHWH.

However we learn through Christ when his apostle tried to call fire from heaven and was rebuked, that he did not know what manner of spirit he was under. Christ came to SAVE lives and not destroy them.

The LORD God or YHWH is NOT the Father of Christ, but an angel given a host of men.

In the OT it is stated that Moses talked to God face to face as a man talks to his friend. Yet Christ said that NO MAN has seen God at any time up to that point, nor heard His voice. Who are we to believe?

In the true God, there is only light with no darkness at all. In the LORD God, there is clouds and thick darkness.

These two are in contradiction.

Satan has No power over death. God Does. He has The power to Give Life.

The men and women of the Old Testament were human beings Just Like We Are Now. Some of us are carnal and some are spiritual.

You've commented that "The Lord God or YHWH is Not the Father of Christ, but an angel given a host of men." Where do you find that in Scripture ? The Godhead consists of God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit. Angels are a separate realm. Jesus Christ never was an angel. He's Always been part of the trinity / Godhead. Jesus Christ has Always been the Son of God.

There Are men in the Old Testament who were Very close to God. Moses was called a friend of God. Elijah was taken -- He didn't die. David was a man after God's own heart. I'm thinking it was Moses who was called to the very top of a mountain to commune with God. Was given the Ten Commandments. God is the Boss -- He chooses to have 'close' encounters with man as He sees fit. So, no, there are no contradictions.

You are drawing a distinction between 'the true God' and 'the LORD God'. No darkness at all vs clouds and thick darkness. Why?
    Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post

Satan has No power over death. God Does. He has The power to Give Life.

The men and women of the Old Testament were human beings Just Like We Are Now. Some of us are carnal and some are spiritual.

You've commented that "The Lord God or YHWH is Not the Father of Christ, but an angel given a host of men." Where do you find that in Scripture ? The Godhead consists of God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit. Angels are a separate realm. Jesus Christ never was an angel. He's Always been part of the trinity / Godhead. Jesus Christ has Always been the Son of God.

There Are men in the Old Testament who were Very close to God. Moses was called a friend of God. Elijah was taken -- He didn't die. David was a man after God's own heart. I'm thinking it was Moses who was called to the very top of a mountain to commune with God. Was given the Ten Commandments. God is the Boss -- He chooses to have 'close' encounters with man as He sees fit. So, no, there are no contradictions.

You are drawing a distinction between 'the true God' and 'the LORD God'. No darkness at all vs clouds and thick darkness. Why?
      Acts 7

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Moses received the law by angels.

Deuteronomy 32

8 When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.

9 For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Now let us look at what most believe you be Israel the state and how it was founded in 1948. Those people took the land of another that was living there under the guise that it was God ordained.

But the truth is they stole the land from those already living there. This isn't how our Father operates.

This is how the enemy does!

If I come into your house and take over your living room stating that God gave it to me, how would that make you feel?

Comment>

Death is an enemy, correct? How is it righteous in any way?
        Can God do wrong? Of course not!
        God does what is right, just, and perfect. If God ends a life he is right in doing so.
        Comment>

Acts 7

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Deuteronomy 32

8 When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.

Now let us look at what most believe you be Israel the state and how it was founded in 1948. Those people took the land of another that was living there under the guise that it was God ordained.

But the truth is they stole the land from those already living there. This isn't how our Father operates.

If I come into your house and take over your living room stating that God gave it to me, how would that make you feel?

The law came by angles, not from. If I send you a package in the mail and the mail man delivers it, the package is still from me.

The rest of your comment is off topic.
          Comment>

• Lamentations 3:37-38 Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord has not decreed it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?
            • Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.
            • Amos 3:6 When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it?
            • Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.
            Seems to me the penalty for sin is still death and it is God who set the penalty and extracts it from each of us.
            Comment>

Acts 7

Deuteronomy 32

I know exactly where you're going with this. And, yes, it IS off topic. It starts with Genesis 12 -- The Lord had said to Abram, Leave your country, your people and your father's household, and go to the land I will show you. "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse, and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

vs. 5 ".... and they set out for the land of Canaan.and they arrived there." The end of this chapter 15, vs 18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram and said "To your descendents I give this land, From the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates and then lists all the people groups involved.

Then in ch 16 comes Hagar and Ishmael and Sarah and Isaac. Isaac was the child of God's promise and Ishmael was the child from Sarah's handmaid, Hagar. Cultural practice that was acceptable culturally compared to the child that God promised that Abraham and Sarah would have together. Sarah got impatient waiting for God to keep His promise.

God Did ordain it as per Genesis. God did what God did -- the various people groups -- were they following God? God is Not the enemy -- satan is. Satan's plan is to destroy everything that God ordains.

God created Adam and Eve and created marriage between the first couple and they produced the first family. Biologically man needs woman to reproduce. Same-sex 'union's are counterfeit -- two people of the same sex Can't reproduce --they can't produce Any new generation of people.

ch 16 -- Sarai, Abram's wife had borne him no children.

Your last comment -- at times we don't understand God's ways of doing things. I have a different understanding of God than you do. God wanted His chosen people to be in the Promised Land. I'm Gentile, not Jewish -- God's intention was for salvation for His people the Jews. Because the Jewish people as a whole didn't accept Him as the promised Messiah, salvation was extended to the Gentiles. God will get back to the Jewish population later on. God has His Master plan for this world. We Can read His Word and find out more about it.

God's Word is Truth -- John 14:6 Jesus Christ is telling Everyone that "I am the way, the truth and the Life, No man comes to the Father but through / by Me."
              Comment>

Originally posted by Fastfredy0 View Post
                • Lamentations 3:37-38 Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord has not decreed it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?
                • Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.
                • Amos 3:6 When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it?
                • Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.
                Seems to me the penalty for sin is still death and it is God who set the penalty and extracts it from each of us.
                This is my point of earlier posts. Men and women in the OT were CARNAL! They attributed BOTH good AND evil to God. In otherwords, they only knew in part.

Through Christ however, we learn that God and His Father does NOT afflict people with any evil. We learn that it was SATAN that did.

If a man does an evil act under the name of God, does that mean that God actually was involved, or was that man not aware of what spirit he was really under?

We learn in John that in God is the power of LIFE and NOT death. That means that He can ONLY heal afflictions. He is not the cause of them. But as it was in the OT, men are decieved because they are still carnal.

I was asked of what church if any do I attend. To that I will respond that our bodies are the true churches of God and not the buildings people attend.

When I was younger I attended a Baptist church. But my lasting memory of church is not the energy and emotion of the songs or an occasional good sermon, it was getting a glimpse of the people counting the money afterwards!

Those buildings are businesses like everything and everyone else. God and mammon do NOT mix.

So if God is love, and love does no evil, then I will believe His son in the power to save ALL despite what any man or what any line in a book may suggest.

Getting rid of the problems of the world are easy. It's the convincing of the people of what the real problem IS that is most difficult. Most are stiff-necked and stuck in their worldly given ways to see those problems in front of them, having eyes but not seeing, and ears but not hearing.
                Comment>

This is my point of earlier posts. Men and women in the OT were CARNAL! They attributed BOTH good AND evil to God. In otherwords, they only knew in part.

Through Christ however, we learn that God and His Father does NOT afflict people with any evil. We learn that it was SATAN that did.

If a man does an evil act under the name of God, does that mean that God actually was involved, or was that man not aware of what spirit he was really under?

We learn in John that in God is the power of LIFE and NOT death. That means that He can ONLY heal afflictions. He is not the cause of them. But as it was in the OT, men are decieved because they are still carnal.

I was asked of what church if any do I attend. To that I will respond that our bodies are the true churches of God and not the buildings people attend.

When I was younger I attended a Baptist church. But my lasting memory of church is not the energy and emotion of the songs or an occasional good sermon, it was getting a glimpse of the people counting the money afterwards!

Those buildings are businesses like everything and everyone else. God and mammon do NOT mix.

So if God is love, and love does no evil, then I will believe His son in the power to save ALL despite what any man or what any line in a book may suggest.

Getting rid of the problems of the world are easy. It's the convincing of the people of what the real problem IS that is most difficult. Most are stiff-necked and stuck in their worldly given ways to see those problems in front of them, having eyes but not seeing, and ears but not hearing.
                  The thing is you're calling evil what not, God's judgment is not evil.
                  2 Peter 1:20-21 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had it's origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

How is counting money an evil act? That money is being managed, we see the church do the same in Scripture.
                  Comment>

Israel # 67 -- on what basis do you say that men and women in OT were CARNAL. There were very Godly men in the O.T. In the O.T. the Lord God led His armies against people groups. The Philistines being one of them.

The Old Testament people looked forward to the cross -- the prophets told them about the coming Messiah. Some accepted and some rejected. The same for those living during the life Of Jesus Christ. People witnessed the crucifixion. Some acknowledged Jesus Christ as the Son of God and His death and burial and resurrection. Some denied Him. And since the cross -- we look back At the cross and the same thing happens. Some acknowledge and accept and many don't.

While it Is true that a believers body Is the temple of the Holy Spirit -- an individuals' body is not the true churches of God. But we don't need a building to worship God -- a building is in some cultures simply a shelter from bad weather. And groups of believers often meet in fellow believers' homes. The book of Hebrews tells us that gathering together regularly with those of like belief is important. We Are to do that. To help edify each other. To read Scripture and pray.

Most churches need money to run the church. Electric, gas, water, etc. And to pay the pastor. Maybe that's a cultural thing , too. People are to give their tithes and offerings to help further the ministry of the church. The counting of the offerings received would be done in the church office with at least two men present.

The church buildings have expenses just like our own homes do. A house usually needs a form of heating / cooling that costs something. We use gas or electric to cook our food, wash our clothes. Since this is an international forum, you could live Anywhere.

God's Word Also says that Jesus Christ Did die for all, but not all are going to accept Him as their personal Savior. A lot of people Will end up in hell.

So -- what Is the real problem from your perspective?
                    Comment>

Israel # 67 -- on what basis do you say that men and women in OT were CARNAL. There were very Godly men in the O.T. In the O.T. the Lord God led His armies against people groups. The Philistines being one of them.

The Old Testament people looked forward to the cross -- the prophets told them about the coming Messiah. Some accepted and some rejected. The same for those living during the life Of Jesus Christ. People witnessed the crucifixion. Some acknowledged Jesus Christ as the Son of God and His death and burial and resurrection. Some denied Him. And since the cross -- we look back At the cross and the same thing happens. Some acknowledge and accept and many don't.

While it Is true that a believers body Is the temple of the Holy Spirit -- an individuals' body is not the true churches of God. But we don't need a building to worship God -- a building is in some cultures simply a shelter from bad weather. And groups of believers often meet in fellow believers' homes. The book of Hebrews tells us that gathering together regularly with those of like belief is important. We Are to do that. To help edify each other. To read Scripture and pray.

Most churches need money to run the church. Electric, gas, water, etc. And to pay the pastor. Maybe that's a cultural thing , too. People are to give their tithes and offerings to help further the ministry of the church. The counting of the offerings received would be done in the church office with at least two men present.

The church buildings have expenses just like our own homes do. A house usually needs a form of heating / cooling that costs something. We use gas or electric to cook our food, wash our clothes. Since this is an international forum, you could live Anywhere.

God's Word Also says that Jesus Christ Did die for all, but not all are going to accept Him as their personal Savior. A lot of people Will end up in hell.

So -- what Is the real problem from your perspective?
                      The love of money is the root of all evil. Get rid of money, and all evil will go away! As long as what you see to be a church need money for expenses, that will ALWAYS trump any perceived truth resonating from its walls.

Take hospitals for another example. Looking at it from an individual basis, you get sick, go see the doctor and get better. But what is the overall view of this operation? A hospital, just as a church building needs money for expenses to pay the bills, and the people that works there. Therefore if the hospital cured everyone, there'd be no money to pay those expenses the more people are cured.

So then the hospital, just as a church, needs sick people to stay open!

How we react when in communion with one another in the street or outside is the gathering together mentioned.

In order to be found in Christ, is to first be baptised into His death. So if we are to first crucify the flesh, then what man won't go this route?

Salvation is a closed loop between God and Christ.
                      Comment>

The love of money is the root of all evil. Get rid of money, and all evil will go away! As long as what you see to be a church need money for expenses, that will ALWAYS trump any perceived truth resonating from its walls.

Take hospitals for another example. Looking at it from an individual basis, you get sick, go see the doctor and get better. But what is the overall view of this operation? A hospital, just as a church building needs money for expenses to pay the bills, and the people that works there. Therefore if the hospital cured everyone, there'd be no money to pay those expenses the more people are cured.

How we react when in communion with one another in the street or outside is the gathering together mentioned.

In order to be found in Christ, is to first be baptised into His death. So if we are to first crucify the flesh, then what man won't go this route?

Scripture Does say that the Love of money is the root of all evil. Loving your money -- can be greed. But getting rid of money isn't going to rid the world of evil. A church that teaches the Bible / Word of God and reaches out to the surrounding community with the Gospel unto salvation and supports missions will Probably Also need money of some amount to keep it's doors open. And that Might depend on the culture / geographic location of the community. Your bio information doesn't state where you live. In some geographical areas a person / community lives very inexpensively. Very simple living conditions. If it's agrarian community -- farming -- there might not be a need For much money. In Other areas that wouldn't Be the case. People of very moderate incomes can squander money just as easily as those with Lots of money. And those with the same moderate economic means Can use their modest incomes to help those in the community who need help -- help support their pastor and family -- use it for Good. And those with Lots of money Can use it to help with the financial support of missionaries and help those within the community. So it's really up to the individual as to how they use whatever money they have access to -- whatever God has blessed them with.

Hospitals -- I grew up around the medical profession. And, yes, people who get sick Do Try to see a Dr. and hopefully Do get better. But often times further treatment , care is necessary. But hospitals Don't always cure everyone. Some people have incurable illnesses and Dr.s in hospitals can only do so much. Hospitals need trained Dr's / nurses and many other staff and funding to stay open. If community / regional support isn't there , neither will the hospital be. It has a board of directors, etc. It's a complicated business.

The church -- in the New Testament -- Christ came to save sinners -- He ministered to those in need of spiritual and physical healing. But specifically to provide a 'cure' for our Spiritual need. We're All lost people / souls in need of a savior. Jesus Christ came to Be that Savior. The 'church' are those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. There is a need for believers to get together on a regular / often basis to encourage each other in God's Word -- to grow Spiritually. And to reach out to our friends and family in the community with the Gospel unto salvation.

A hospital is trying to help the physically sick people back to health. If people stayed healthy -- there would be No Need for a hospital. In fact - in some places in this world - there Are No hospitals close by. People get sick in their homes -- hopefully can get medicine -- and hopefully get well without being able To get to a hospital.

In order to be found in Christ -- a person needs to accept Jesus Christ into their lives -- realize - acknowledge their personal need for the Savior. Realizing that His death on the cross was necessary for our salvation. And His resurrection was Also necessary. We are baptized by immersion to show to others that we have believed in our heart and confessed with our mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord. We will then have the Holy Spirit indwelling us and have the desire to become more and more Like Christ. The only thing is that satan doesn't want anyone to do that. He wants as much company in hell as he can get there. And living the Christian life isn't easy. There's LOTS of pressure in society to Not obey God's Word. There's lots of evil 'out there' and that's where satan wants us.

Lots of people feel that Christianity is too confining. But Christianity is the Only way to have peace with God -- salvation -- eternal life in heaven. And it's only through Jesus Christ that we Can have peace with God. Jesus Christ is our mediator between us and God. The cross. Jesus Christ's shed blood.
                        Comment>

The love of money, not money itself, is the root of many evils.

​​​​​​Now of course there are money hungry, apostate churches. But with real churches that money is used in godly ways. If a church uses money to build a food shelter is that evil? What about mission trips? What about helping the poor?

No one pays to go to church.

The gathering together isn't just meeting other Christians, Scripture tells us to appoint elders, decans, and preachers.

Comment>

Scripture Does say that the Love of money is the root of all evil. Loving your money -- can be greed. But getting rid of money isn't going to rid the world of evil. A church that teaches the Bible / Word of God and reaches out to the surrounding community with the Gospel unto salvation and supports missions will Probably Also need money of some amount to keep it's doors open. And that Might depend on the culture / geographic location of the community. Your bio information doesn't state where you live. In some geographical areas a person / community lives very inexpensively. Very simple living conditions. If it's agrarian community -- farming -- there might not be a need For much money. In Other areas that wouldn't Be the case. People of very moderate incomes can squander money just as easily as those with Lots of money. And those with the same moderate economic means Can use their modest incomes to help those in the community who need help -- help support their pastor and family -- use it for Good. And those with Lots of money Can use it to help with the financial support of missionaries and help those within the community. So it's really up to the individual as to how they use whatever money they have access to -- whatever God has blessed them with.

Hospitals -- I grew up around the medical profession. And, yes, people who get sick Do Try to see a Dr. and hopefully Do get better. But often times further treatment , care is necessary. But hospitals Don't always cure everyone. Some people have incurable illnesses and Dr.s in hospitals can only do so much. Hospitals need trained Dr's / nurses and many other staff and funding to stay open. If community / regional support isn't there , neither will the hospital be. It has a board of directors, etc. It's a complicated business.

The church -- in the New Testament -- Christ came to save sinners -- He ministered to those in need of spiritual and physical healing. But specifically to provide a 'cure' for our Spiritual need. We're All lost people / souls in need of a savior. Jesus Christ came to Be that Savior. The 'church' are those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. There is a need for believers to get together on a regular / often basis to encourage each other in God's Word -- to grow Spiritually. And to reach out to our friends and family in the community with the Gospel unto salvation.

A hospital is trying to help the physically sick people back to health. If people stayed healthy -- there would be No Need for a hospital. In fact - in some places in this world - there Are No hospitals close by. People get sick in their homes -- hopefully can get medicine -- and hopefully get well without being able To get to a hospital.

In order to be found in Christ -- a person needs to accept Jesus Christ into their lives -- realize - acknowledge their personal need for the Savior. Realizing that His death on the cross was necessary for our salvation. And His resurrection was Also necessary. We are baptized by immersion to show to others that we have believed in our heart and confessed with our mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord. We will then have the Holy Spirit indwelling us and have the desire to become more and more Like Christ. The only thing is that satan doesn't want anyone to do that. He wants as much company in hell as he can get there. And living the Christian life isn't easy. There's LOTS of pressure in society to Not obey God's Word. There's lots of evil 'out there' and that's where satan wants us.

Lots of people feel that Christianity is too confining. But Christianity is the Only way to have peace with God -- salvation -- eternal life in heaven. And it's only through Jesus Christ that we Can have peace with God. Jesus Christ is our mediator between us and God. The cross. Jesus Christ's shed blood.
                            You can never solve a problem using what created that problem in the first place. Money is the reason people are sleeping on the side of empty, lifeless buildings, or go hungry next to stores packed with food.

Do we have not enough technology and resources to house and feed all?

Why do we let a man made piece of paper come between that?
                            Comment>

You can never solve a problem using what created that problem in the first place. Money is the reason people are sleeping on the side of empty, lifeless buildings, or go hungry next to stores packed with food.

Do we have not enough technology and resources to house and feed all?

Why do we let a man made piece of paper come between that?
                              Not true. Sin is the problem. And no where does Scripture tell us money is evil, but the way people chase after money and love it is evil.

Let's try that logic with food, many people are obese and many others have health problems because of food, so we should get rid of food.

Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post

Not true. Sin is the problem. And no where does Scripture tell us money is evil, but the way people chase after money and love it is evil.

Let's try that logic with food, many people are obese and many others have health problems because of food, so we should get rid of food.
                                Sin is transgression of the law, but the law was added because of transgression. That means that only ONE law exists! Love....

Again, THINK about the statement. The LOVE of money is the ROOT of all evil.

We are told to love God with all our heart, soul strength and mind. How are we to know if one loves Him? By how one treats his neighbor!

There are currently 18 million empty homes that are empty in America alone. There are only 3 million homeless.

Why are these people still homeless? If God blessed you and I with homes, why didn't He bless them with the same?

Could it be our very love of money that keeps them on the streets?

Surely we have more than enough housing.
                                Comment>
                                Working...
                                X
                                Articles - News - SiteMap