Join with others to discuss God and/or the Biblical Doctrine of the Trinity (Godhead). Discuss the attributes and characteristics of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Destiny?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destiny?

Hi, I've been falsely accused of being a Pedophile since 2005 and 2011 especially. There are a lot of people all around the world spreading slander about me, both in the general publich and what it seems, well known people in different fields.

On the 21st August in 2011, I was walking with my Mum around Bournemouth, England, and suddenly had an impulse to go into a Church across the street. Outside the Church there were several stands. The Online People's Bible, the King James version, was being recorded in writing to be posted online by anyone who wanted to write two verses. We didn't get to choose the verses we filled in, but the two I was given were 100% the way people all around the world are treating me, judging me based on prejudice.

The two verses I was given were Verse 1 - Chapter 2 - Romans - GNB - Browse the Bible - View a verse - The People's Bible and Verse 2 - Chapter 2 - Romans - GNB - Browse the Bible - View a verse - The People's Bible

I to this day still believe it was God that led me to that Church and that it was my destiny to fill in the two verses about Judgement, had I walked past that Church another day, another time, not walked past the Church, I would've missed the chance to fill in those two verses. The one thing I don't understand if these verses are messages from God, what does the first verse mean when it says about those judging me 'do the same things which they do, you condemn yourself.'? What am I meant to have done?

If this is a message from God, what is he trying to say? I'm fighting every day against those that are falsely accusing me, but can't defend myself because they're all accusing me behind my back and are content doing so, and spreading slander knowing that I have and in their minds will never be allowed to face my accusers. From what I understand there are approx 31000 - 42000 verses in the Bible, approx 100 of these are said to be about judgement, is it possible that God has given me a destiny to teach the world about humanity or something else that he hasn't told me yet?

If anyone has any psychic abilities, e.g. you feel you can commune with God, can you ask him what the purpose of my life is?

Thanks,

Oliver

Originally posted by Oliver Devereux View Post
    Hi, I've been falsely accused of being a Pedophile since 2005 and 2011 especially. There are a lot of people all around the world spreading slander about me, both in the general publich and what it seems, well known people in different fields.

On the 21st August in 2011, I was walking with my Mum around Bournemouth, England, and suddenly had an impulse to go into a Church across the street. Outside the Church there were several stands. The Online People's Bible, the King James version, was being recorded in writing to be posted online by anyone who wanted to write two verses. We didn't get to choose the verses we filled in, but the two I was given were 100% the way people all around the world are treating me, judging me based on prejudice.

The two verses I was given were Verse 1 - Chapter 2 - Romans - GNB - Browse the Bible - View a verse - The People's Bible and Verse 2 - Chapter 2 - Romans - GNB - Browse the Bible - View a verse - The People's Bible

I to this day still believe it was God that led me to that Church and that it was my destiny to fill in the two verses about Judgement, had I walked past that Church another day, another time, not walked past the Church, I would've missed the chance to fill in those two verses. The one thing I don't understand if these verses are messages from God, what does the first verse mean when it says about those judging me 'do the same things which they do, you condemn yourself.'? What am I meant to have done?

If this is a message from God, what is he trying to say? I'm fighting every day against those that are falsely accusing me, but can't defend myself because they're all accusing me behind my back and are content doing so, and spreading slander knowing that I have and in their minds will never be allowed to face my accusers. From what I understand there are approx 31000 - 42000 verses in the Bible, approx 100 of these are said to be about judgement, is it possible that God has given me a destiny to teach the world about humanity or something else that he hasn't told me yet?

If anyone has any psychic abilities, e.g. you feel you can commune with God, can you ask him what the purpose of my life is?

Thanks,

Oliver
    I tend to believe a man's destiny is what he is compelled to do. The question then is who is compelling you?

My other advice is to look and read the surrounding context of those verses that were pulled for you. What you are doing is symptomatic of a superstitious approach. When we pull a verse out of its context and just read it like a mirror of our life, we are simply dropping the bible and letting it open to its own page, and reading us into the verse. You are the object in the way of seeing the perfect image of Christ in the Scriptures. You are projecting yourself onto the page. It is my advice that you step back away from the verse, that is, remove yourself from the picture (application at this time) read its context in order to understand and comprehend what the author had in mind.

When we take a superstitious approach to Scripture, it can make us superstitious altogether, do you look at nature for signs, and the news etc? You mention an impulse leading you, which makes me believe you are trying to "read these things"?

You mentioned that people are talking about you and you even asked here of all places if anyone has psychic abilities which makes me think that you are under the impression that you know what others are thinking about you? We do not need psychic abilities, and we do not believe that psychics are in communion with God, but rather the demonic realm. A direct line of communication is offered us to God through prayer and Scripture.

Hope I have been of service?

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

......a man's destiny is what he is compelled to do. The question then is who is compelling you?
      This ^

My other advice is to look and read the surrounding context of those verses that were pulled for you. What you are doing is symptomatic of a superstitious approach. When we pull a verse out of its context and just read it like a mirror of our life, we are simply dropping the bible and letting it open to its own page, and reading us into the verse.
      Agreeing here as well. The famous atheist, Madalyn Murray O'Hair, once said that one of the reasons she became an atheist was because even the Bible says, "there is no God". You know what, she's right, the Bible does say that, several times, in fact (i.e. Psalm 14:1). Of course, to derive such a meaning from it, you'd have to divorce it from not only from the chapter it's in, but from the Bible itself. William is quite correct, if you want to know what God is actually teaching us in the Bible, you have to do so first and foremost by reading what it says in context.

Yours and His,
      David
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

Oh, and Oliver, I see that you are brand new around here, so WELCOME TO CF :)
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Thanks guys, sorry for the late reply, although I believe in God and Jesus, I have trouble believing that psychic abilities are linked to the demonic realm, I've had psychic abilities myself in 2011, they've disappeared after that, it was a very intense time. I believe I have Guardian Angels that are always there for me, I've been close to death many times, and each time I've survived thanks to premonitions and what I believe is my destiny. I quite often come up with words in Sanskrit, two for user names, Menon means The exalted one, Malik means King. Sometimes I've written words in Latin such as Noctum spiritus domini castre homini - It's not correct Latin, and it may not mean anything at all, but in Google Translate it comes up as Noctum spirit of the Lord is clean man. I have a pure spirit. For whatever reason I'm still alive after attempts on my life, if premonitions are real. My destiny unveils itself at times, and each time it's one of spirituality. What do you make of the abilities in Sanskrit and potentially spiritually attuned Latin?
          Comment>

Thanks guys, sorry for the late reply, although I believe in God and Jesus, I have trouble believing that psychic abilities are linked to the demonic realm, I've had psychic abilities myself in 2011, they've disappeared after that, it was a very intense time. I believe I have Guardian Angels that are always there for me, I've been close to death many times, and each time I've survived thanks to premonitions and what I believe is my destiny. I quite often come up with words in Sanskrit, two for user names, Menon means The exalted one, Malik means King. Sometimes I've written words in Latin such as Noctum spiritus domini castre homini - It's not correct Latin, and it may not mean anything at all, but in Google Translate it comes up as Noctum spirit of the Lord is clean man. I have a pure spirit. For whatever reason I'm still alive after attempts on my life, if premonitions are real. My destiny unveils itself at times, and each time it's one of spirituality. What do you make of the abilities in Sanskrit and potentially spiritually attuned Latin?
            Hi Oliver,

Have you actually read the entire Bible yet?

You believing in God and Jesus doesn't really mean anything in this context, because even Satan and his demons believes in God James 2:19. What is the difference between your belief and those? You say up until now you have survived while pointing to your own abilities. I think Scripture is very clear about condemning the practices of mediums, and psychics. The question is whether such people are in communion with God (your claim) despite breaking faith?
            • Leviticus 20:27 “A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”
            • Deuteronomy 18:10-13 10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering,[a] anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the Lord your God,

Are you phishing for anyone's reassurance? Because believing that you have psychic abilities does not mean the information you acquire is not from the demonic realm. Whatever the case and wherever the source of the information the question then is whether it is a godly means of discovering information? How does God want us to discern His will for our life? God’s plan is simple: study the Bible 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and pray for wisdom James 1:5.
            • 1 Chronicles 10:13–14 13 So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance. 14 He did not seek guidance from the Lord. Therefore the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.

I'm sure if you go to a spiritual website you'll find all kinds of people to support your conclusions, but since you came to a Christian site, I plan to shut the door on such practices. I'm sure those on various spiritual sites will lead you deeper and deeper into the occult and other Scripturally condemned practices, but by your own logic they are in communion with God, so why not there instead of here? If you're here because of genuine Christian inquiry instead of defending practices condemned in Scripture, then I encourage you to stay dialogue and fellowship.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Ok, thanks William, I think these verses are worth noting though,
              • Hebrews 12:15 “See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.”
              • Matthew 12:37 "For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."
              • John 12:44-46 "44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."
              Mercurius came to mind when thinking about the Bible - Topical Bible: Mercurius

Believing in God and Jesus should not necessitate reading the Bible and scriptures as a sign of its virtue, it's about the belief, and faith in God and Jesus that make one a believer and follower. If one cannot read, or all the Bibles are burnt, then God will be there for anyone who chooses to believe. Isaiah 59:1 "Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

Bless,

Oliver
              Comment>

As a note, I haven't read the Bible, the Bible verses and Mercurius came to my mind by thought.
                Comment>

Believing in God and Jesus should not necessitate reading the Bible and scriptures as a sign of its virtue, it's about the belief, and faith in God and Jesus that make one a believer and follower. If one cannot read, or all the Bibles are burnt, then God will be there for anyone who chooses to believe.
                  What you are comparing to one another is general revelation (nature) vs special revelation (Scripture). Lemme know how you came to know Jesus without Scripture? And you say "God will be there for anyone who chooses to believe", believe what? What you find in Scripture? You posted Scripture and not anything from nature, why?

And are your Scriptural references supposed to convey something to me? How are they related and what exactly do they mean to you?

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

It doesn't matter what I say, you have your belief firmly rooted in Scripture, if Scripture is what God and Jesus necessitated believers to follow, what's the point of love? Love transcends the Bible, it is unequivocal and unconditional. That in my opinion is the meaning of life. If God and Jesus disqualify me from being a good Christian, follower or believer because I believe more in love and compassion than literally in the Bible, then so be it, I believe they guide me in life. Why I chose to post Scripture was because it came up in my mind. I've had several experiences where I believe I communicated with God, maybe it wasn't and the Devil and demons communicated with me, but then they're not that bad, as they have helped me and others through me.

You posted Scripture that you believe goes against mediums and psychics being Christian or worthy of God, I posted Scripture I hoped would prove you otherwise, it seems it has not. They mean exactly what the purpose was they came up in my mind, to show you otherwise.

As a person I'm oddly unique, everyone is an individual and unique, but I seem to be oddly unique for some reason, I believe I have the gift of preaching, it's likely you believe otherwise, but maybe that's part of my destiny, to walk my own path and preach, I'm not walking your path, and frankly, to quote Scripture that mediums and psychics as the Bible puts it, should be put to death, I'm glad I do not. To turn anyone away and hold up Scripture that vilifies them based on what the Bible says, is what love isn't, and what greater display of love did Jesus show humans than by allowing himself to be innocently crucified, that's love.

I don't know if you put conditions on love, I suppose we all do, we reserve love for those we believe deserve it, but what if deep down and maybe inaccessibly we're meant to love everyone, evil or not.

Before you put anyone lower than people like you who believe in the Scriptures, ask yourself, who has a better understanding of the Scriptures, the person that allows judgement to be made with a blind eye towards the Bible, or the one that sees through the man made words in the Bible and can see truth and love, as according to Jesus, for what it is, unconditional?

Blessings,

Oliver AUM
                    Comment>

It doesn't matter what I say, you have your belief firmly rooted in Scripture, if Scripture is what God and Jesus necessitated believers to follow, what's the point of love? Love transcends the Bible, it is unequivocal and unconditional. That in my opinion is the meaning of life. If God and Jesus disqualify me from being a good Christian, follower or believer because I believe more in love and compassion than literally in the Bible, then so be it, I believe they guide me in life. Why I chose to post Scripture was because it came up in my mind. I've had several experiences where I believe I communicated with God, maybe it wasn't and the Devil and demons communicated with me, but then they're not that bad, as they have helped me and others through me.

You posted Scripture that you believe goes against mediums and psychics being Christian or worthy of God, I posted Scripture I hoped would prove you otherwise, it seems it has not. They mean exactly what the purpose was they came up in my mind, to show you otherwise.

As a person I'm oddly unique, everyone is an individual and unique, but I seem to be oddly unique for some reason, I believe I have the gift of preaching, it's likely you believe otherwise, but maybe that's part of my destiny, to walk my own path and preach, I'm not walking your path, and frankly, to quote Scripture that mediums and psychics as the Bible puts it, should be put to death, I'm glad I do not. To turn anyone away and hold up Scripture that vilifies them based on what the Bible says, is what love isn't, and what greater display of love did Jesus show humans than by allowing himself to be innocently crucified, that's love.

I don't know if you put conditions on love, I suppose we all do, we reserve love for those we believe deserve it, but what if deep down and maybe inaccessibly we're meant to love everyone, evil or not.

Before you put anyone lower than people like you who believe in the Scriptures, ask yourself, who has a better understanding of the Scriptures, the person that allows judgement to be made with a blind eye towards the Bible, or the one that sees through the man made words in the Bible and can see truth and love, as according to Jesus, for what it is, unconditional?

Blessings,

Oliver AUM
                      You admitted to not having read the bible, but you want to prove a contrary position from Scripture?

I don't think you have a clue as to what "bad" actually means.

God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

Here is why you cannot just take Love over the bible at face value. If what you are experiencing under what you call "love" does not coincide with that the bible teaches then you must question what you are feeling. Satan can, and will, use this to deceive you. This is a huge reason we have the bible.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

You admitted to not having read the bible, but you want to prove a contrary position from Scripture?

I don't think you have a clue as to what "bad" actually means.

God bless,
                          William
                          Being spiritual and attuned to the spirit world, if you believe in such a thing, quoting Scripture is a natural event and experience. I think I know more about what 'bad' means than you, being an Omnist, which includes being Christian, I see life through a variety of perspectives, Buddhas is close to my heart, Jesus as well. As easy as it is for me to hate people, it doesn't mean I don't try to look past my own feelings. Animals are said to be instinctual only, but they have the capacity to love and their love is unconditional, which makes them better than some humans, maybe even you. If animals are below us as they don't have our level of self awareness and can't communicate with us, what happens if and when they evolve and reach our level of self awareness and language, are you going to quote Scripture and tell them they're forbidden and have always been forbidden to evolve? That would be an example of 'bad'.

Knotical,

Being one of the most loving people on the planet, thanks for showing me what love is not!
                          Comment>

Being spiritual and attuned to the spirit world
                            I'm Spiritual

If animals are below us as they don't have our level of self awareness and can't communicate with us, what happens if and when they evolve and reach our level of self awareness and language, are you going to quote Scripture and tell them they're forbidden and have always been forbidden to evolve?
                            Seriously, that's your defense and point of argument? Why are you here on this board? You came in on the board, Oliver, claimed people were accusing you of pedophile, then you admit to never having read the bible, and promote dabbing into forbidden practices. You clearly do not know Satan or demons from God, then you have the audacity to side with Satan and demons, saying they are not bad? Guess you like the slanderer accusing you of pedophile?

You asked me a question above, and here's my direct answer. Read the entire bible, come back, and then we may actually have something in common. Until then I want you to know that if you decide to entertain your little minions then you need to take them elsewhere. I do not plan to.

William
                            Comment>

I'd rather not have anything in common with you, I'd prefer to walk through eternity with my cat and dog. Grow up William!
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap