Join with others to discuss God and/or the Biblical Doctrine of the Trinity (Godhead). Discuss the attributes and characteristics of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

What does God's voice sound like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What does God's voice sound like?

    Various people have heard God's voice both in the Old Testament and the New Testament, but there is not a detailed description of what His voice sounds like. Surely, in this day and age, if anyone heard God's voice, one of the main things they would describe to others afterwards would be what His voice sounds like. Is it masculine / feminine / gender-neutral etc..

    Why don't Moses, Elijah and the three apostles that heard God's voice on the mountain tell anything about the sound of it?

  • #2
    Masculine. Stop you in your tracks authoritative.
    (beyond that words fail)

    PS. Welcome to Christ Forums, Lucian Hodoboc.
    Comment>

    • #3
      Originally posted by atpollard View Post
      PS. Welcome to Christ Forums, Lucian Hodoboc.
      Thank you.

      Comment>

      • #4
        Originally posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
        Is it masculine / feminine / gender-neutral etc..
        What does a gender-neutral voice sound like?

        Originally posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
        Why don't Moses, Elijah and the three apostles that heard God's voice on the mountain tell anything about the sound of it?
        What would be the point? What would it tell us?

        Comment>

        • #5
          Originally posted by Origen View Post
          What does a gender-neutral voice sound like?
          Peewee Herman?
          Or that gravelly voice that some cigarette smokers have where you can't really tell?

          ;)
          Comment>

          • #6
            Originally posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
            Various people have heard God's voice both in the Old Testament and the New Testament, but there is not a detailed description of what His voice sounds like. Surely, in this day and age, if anyone heard God's voice, one of the main things they would describe to others afterwards would be what His voice sounds like. Is it masculine / feminine / gender-neutral etc..

            Why don't Moses, Elijah and the three apostles that heard God's voice on the mountain tell anything about the sound of it?
            Thanks for coming up with this, I am interested in knowing about this too with scriptural back up
            Comment>

            • #7
              Barry White?
              Comment>

              • #8
                Originally posted by Knotical View Post
                Barry White?
                Hopefully not as sensual.

                Comment>

                • #9
                  Originally posted by Origen View Post
                  Hopefully not as sensual.
                  Luke 15:20 "So he got up and went to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him."

                  ... Sounds like God is a hugger. :)


                  Comment>

                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
                    Why don't Moses, Elijah and the three apostles that heard God's voice on the mountain tell anything about the sound of it?
                    Originally posted by tony View Post
                    Thanks for coming up with this, I am interested in knowing about this too with scriptural back up
                    With scriptural backup ...

                    2 Corinthians 12:1 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that NO ONE is permitted to tell.
                    Comment>

                    • #11
                      I hear the Lord in my thoughts as I pray, to me it is that voice which comforts and guides, as to actual sounds who is to know to each he may sound different. I guess I have always expected a big booming voice that shakes the earth. Sort of the Noah thing you see. How wonderful it would be to hear him.
                      Comment>

                      • #12
                        What does the Voice of the Lord God of Israel sound like, you ask.

                        The Truth the Way the Life, Mercy, Righteousness, Judgement, Love, Faith, Hope, Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding. And there is no telling how many pretenders there are, and have been in the world that would have you hear their voice as the same.
                        Comment>

                        • #13
                          I have had only one occasion where I am sure God, or Christ, or Holy Spirit was present. I was on the verge of seriously considering taking my life. I could not shake the feeling at all, it got worse and worse. I remember one bad evening I prayed for God to just take over my life, as I could not do it anymore. All of a sudden I felt a warmth flow over me, and I share, I felt a hand on my shoulder, as clear as a bell. There was no voice, but that h as ND stayed only a moment, but I knew I would be ok. That feeling good I cannot find words to describe, it was as if I was flooded with light.

                          And I am not someone else prone to hear I ng voices or anything.
                          Comment>

                          • #14
                            God's voice comes to people in many ways
                            When we read the bible when God spoke to moses and the israliets His vioce was like thunderstome
                            Again when He spoke to elija,it was a sweet voice of hope and love
                            I can say dear friends that God can change voice to what He likes when he speaks to his people
                            Stay blessed
                            Comment>

                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Believer View Post
                              I have had only one occasion where I am sure God, or Christ, or Holy Spirit was present. I was on the verge of seriously considering taking my life. I could not shake the feeling at all, it got worse and worse. I remember one bad evening I prayed for God to just take over my life, as I could not do it anymore. All of a sudden I felt a warmth flow over me, and I share, I felt a hand on my shoulder, as clear as a bell. There was no voice, but that h as ND stayed only a moment, but I knew I would be ok. That feeling good I cannot find words to describe, it was as if I was flooded with light.

                              And I am not someone else prone to hear I ng voices or anything.
                              God is good! I have felt the presence of the spirit in my life as well. It is a warmth and joy that is hard to describe.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap