Join with others to discuss God and/or the Biblical Doctrine of the Trinity (Godhead). Discuss the attributes and characteristics of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

If our Creator comes among us, what...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If our Creator comes among us, what...

If our Creator comes in person (as human) among us, what do you expect from Him to tell us?

Of course, this question is not addressed to those who, as zillion of other created living things, don’t need to know their Creator in order to live normally.

I am afraid the answer is not trivial... But feel free to say whatever you think.

Kerim

The best response to this question is to read the gospels and find out what our Creator told us when he did live among us as a human.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Thank you, Theophilus, for your valuable note.

Now, I can add the reason for which I asked the question of this thread.

I personally discovered that Jesus of the Gospel (as presented on the Arabic version, I have) is indeed a Divine Being because He told me (even after 2000 years) what I expect from my Creator to help me know.
      In other words, if Jesus Christ couldn't help me know the 'logical' answers to ALL important questions (without exceptions) about 'my' life (my existence) and about the world (in which I live) as it is in reality, I would see in him just another famous person glorified by men.

So I wonder how many people (as independent free individuals) were able seeing in Jesus Christ 'their' 'Perfect' Divine Teacher.

Comment>

God is Love. That's why I believe that God would still teach people to love each other and worship God.The laws He gave us were to guide us before we learned to love each other. However when people are able to love God and each other unconditionally then there'd be no need for any laws.
        Comment>

Well said Smithee.

Yes, God had to prepare first our primitive ancestors (being as the kids of humanity) by laws (before Jesus time). In fact, we have no choice but to raise our little kids also by certain rules so that they will have a clean healthy body, in the least, when adult. Then, they will be free to live (or not) the care and love of their parents towards others.

Jesus came to tell us that True Love (the unconditional care and love towards others) and Laws cannot co-exist at the same time in/for the same being.
          Laws are applied on a group of people while True Love is personal and could be lived by independent free individuals only.
          Imagine a man loves his wife to please his father ;)

I noticed that on the English Gospel, the word "Wassia وصية" in Arabic is translated to "commandment". The word in Arabic could mean an advice from a loving father to his beloved sons. But I am not sure how the word "commandment" is heard, practically speaking, by English/American persons.

Kerim
          Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
            The best response to this question is to read the gospels and find out what our Creator told us when he did live among us as a human.
            I love this answer. He was always there, in the beginning, as part of the Godhead who created everything, including us. It's hard to imagine being both fully human, and fully God at the same time. None of us could ever pull that off, of course. We would be lost in something like that, unable to continue, but He is and was divine to begin with, so He didn't have two polar opposite natures pulling Him apart as we would have in the same situation. It's nice to know that we have a God who fully understands us. He didn't just create us and then stand back and watch us stumble around into oblivion. He actually became one of us, in all our grit and grime, and can fully relate to us. I imagine that this can only enhance His love for us.
            Comment>

Jesus is the perfect teacher for me. He clarified every doubt that a human being can have about life, God's relationship with man and vice-versa, and man's relationship with each other. There are a lot of controversial issues confronting the world today, and yet we only have to look back to the scripture to know what God would have told us.
              Comment>

God came to the earth and spoke to Abraham. He gave Abraham the 10 commandments and the Mosaic law.

God came to the earth as Jesus and spoke to many. He told men to follow the commandments and to love god with all our hearts, all our minds and all our souls and to love each other as we love ourselves. These are commandments, not advice.

The next time God comes down man will have destroyed most of the world and God will destroy the rest before He rebuilds it.

I think if God came down today He would simply ask why we aren't doing what He told us to do.
                Comment>

Well thank you to Serpardum for the quick laugh in picturing the way that he would come down and ask us what we are doing. He sounds so unassuming, and I know that I would have a lot of impatience with people who just cannot seem to get it. All of these responses are really interesting, but it is a challenging thing to think about. It makes me wonder why my pastor or religious professionals would have to say. I might just have to ask him. Thanks for sharing.
                  Comment>

I think it's wonderful and amazing just how many different opinions you get when you ask a question such as that. I love just how diverse the answers and the points of view are. Personally, I think that my idea of a friendly and fun loving Jesus works for me. The God of my upbringing was not a friendly person to go to when you had a problem and now that my awareness has shifted, I see God as a friendly, approachable guy who loves me unconditionally and will do anything to help me stay on the right path and teach me the lessons that I need to learn in my life.
                    Comment>

Well, it's such a difficult thing to answer, I had never thought of a situation like this, however, I personally think that if God ever came to the world, especially my country, which is actually messed up right now, he would help us out, he would definitely ask us to be patient and fight for our rights to be respected, he would also help the poorest people in the country, help us all to get some food to feed our families, guide the government and help them to enhance the economic system, I really think that he would do so many things I could not even imagine right now, I really wish that happened as soon as possible.
                      Comment>

Probably nothing, he would just people watch. We already have stories of Jesus who is basically God in human form. So if he came in present day, he would probably be just a s wise just in blue jeans and a t-shirt. He would probably worn us away from the distractions of the online and the vitriol world and remind us what is real.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
                          Probably nothing, he would just people watch. We already have stories of Jesus who is basically God in human form. So if he came in present day, he would probably be just a s wise just in blue jeans and a t-shirt. He would probably worn us away from the distractions of the online and the vitriol world and remind us what is real.
                          Hmmm, it's quite weird. So basically based on your opinion and the scenario, then I could say that God is already here, so why would we be worried about when he is going to come? God could be the portrayal of a spirit inside your dad, of your mom, of the guy that you hate and whatnot. According to your opinion God could be out there dressing blue jeans and a t-shirt, then he already is around looking at you, probably outside your house or up on your roof, go take a look. God bless.
                          Comment>

Originally posted by Miss Noe View Post
                            Personally, I think that my idea of a friendly and fun loving Jesus works for me.
                            Yeah I think that I am going to go with this, just for my own sake. If I do not have to, I would rather not think of the vengeful and spiteful and harsh God that we can see sometimes, although of course we all know that it is well-intentioned. It is just an extension of my "try to think happy thoughts" campaign that I am really launching for myself lately, to varying degrees of relative success. Interesting though, and thanks for sharing.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by Espiritu View Post

Hmmm, it's quite weird. So basically based on your opinion and the scenario, then I could say that God is already here, so why would we be worried about when he is going to come? God could be the portrayal of a spirit inside your dad, of your mom, of the guy that you hate and whatnot. According to your opinion God could be out there dressing blue jeans and a t-shirt, then he already is around looking at you, probably outside your house or up on your roof, go take a look. God bless.
                              I was always told that God was always with us. Being with us in physical form is special but not exactly new. Just because we can't him with our physical eyes doesn't mean he's not there already. So I figure that he probably does appear in human form when the mood strikes him. Its why we are supposed to be nice to our neighbor and even strangers, you never know if it might be him.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap