Join with others to discuss God and/or the Biblical Doctrine of the Trinity (Godhead). Discuss the attributes and characteristics of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

If God Was A Human Being

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If God Was A Human Being

If God was a human being, what would have been his best food? Over the time bread and fish had been favourite food for many. I have read about sacrifices which were being offered to God and I thought that God had preferred meat over vegetables. Think of Jesus giving out pizza and fish stew to a congregation. The Bible outlines what we should and what we shouldn't eat. Is that God's taste or it is only for our consumption?

Actually, God WAS a human being, at least for about 33 years or so. Jesus came here to Earth, lived among us in a human body, and ate food. I couldn't tell you what his favorite dish was, but I'm sure he probably had one or some. He certainly ate bread and fish, and probably ate whatever was available, not being a rich person. He most likely ate foods that were (and are today) popular during Jewish festivals and holidays. God tells us what to eat and what not to eat, not because He prefers certain things over others but because He wants us to be strong and healthy. He has given us those foods and denied others for a reason, to give us the very best that we can get.
    Comment>

Initially man wasn't supposed to eat meat. When Adam was created his food was the fruits that were in the garden of Eden and Ezekiel is also informed that in the New Earth the tree of life will bear twelve kinds of fruits so I think that's what God really wants humans to eat. That said, I don't think God would have any favorite food because when God made the earth and everything, all that He created was good.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Novelangel View Post
        Actually, God WAS a human being, at least for about 33 years or so. Jesus came here to Earth, lived among us in a human body, and ate food. I couldn't tell you what his favorite dish was, but I'm sure he probably had one or some. He certainly ate bread and fish, and probably ate whatever was available, not being a rich person. He most likely ate foods that were (and are today) popular during Jewish festivals and holidays. God tells us what to eat and what not to eat, not because He prefers certain things over others but because He wants us to be strong and healthy. He has given us those foods and denied others for a reason, to give us the very best that we can get.
        Exactly, he was a real human at one point, some people believe he still walks amongst the earth right now.... thoughts?
        Comment>

Well thank you Francis for the image of Jesus passing out some pizza...that gave me a good laugh when I needed it. The title of the post immediately made me think of that song "What If God was One of Us" and now I am hoping that it does not get stuck in my head for the remainder of the day, but now I feel that I have jinxed myself. To weigh in on the food one, though, I would have to guess that he would not stray too much from fish and go with lobster - just because I happen to love it.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Norjak71 View Post

Exactly, he was a real human at one point, some people believe he still walks amongst the earth right now.... thoughts?
            Several cults have taught that both in past and in more recent history, and some are still doing so today (like the cult from China that goes by the names, Church of Almighty God/Eastern Lightning). They teach that Jesus has already returned "in the flesh" and is walking among us right now. The only twist to the story these guys are selling is that "He" is now a "She". IOW, Jesus returned as a woman this time around.

Here's some of what Jesus has to say to us about all of this (from Matthew 24):

4 And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you.
            5 “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him.
            24 “For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
            25 “Behold, I have told you in advance.
            26 “So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them.
            27 "For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. ~Matthew 24

Of course, v27 is where this cult gets one of its names from, but what the Lord is teaching us there is that we won't need ANYONE to tell us when He actually returns ... because we'll all know when He does :) (just like lightning flashing across an open sky).

Finally, when Jesus was conceived in Mary by the HS, He was both fully God and fully man, having remained a Divine Being, of course, but now possessing two natures, one Divine and one human, and He remains that way today (and apparently will remain that way forever)! This makes the cult's teaching that He is now a woman living in China a real head-scratcher, doesn't it :rolleyes:

Yours and His,
            David
            Last edited by David Lee; 06-21-2016, 10:46 AM.
            Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
            Comment>

Originally posted by Norjak71 View Post

Well, He was capable, even after He rose from the dead, to appear anywhere He wanted to, to anyone. I realize that He has since ascended into Heaven, but the fact is, He certainly COULD walk among us if He chose to do so. And He IS among us, spiritually speaking, even without actually being here in the flesh. He stated that where two or more are gathered in His name, there He would be also, and that is true of today just as much as it was way back when He said it. I don't think Jesus walks among us in human flesh form, but yes, I firmly believe He is here with us. I think He enjoys watching us enjoy stuff, and I think He's with us when we hurt and stress as well.
              Comment>

If we were only meant to eat fruit, then why did God create us with a digestive system that is able to process meat or vegetables?
                Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
                  If we were only meant to eat fruit, then why did God create us with a digestive system that is able to process meat or vegetables?
                  Yeah, it's almost like He knew ahead of time that we might need to be "meat" processors and He created us with a digestive "backup" plan, just is case ;)

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                  Comment>

As Jesus was a human I am sure he had a favorite food. His diet was probably pretty average for the time period he lived in. Sadly I do not think Jesus ate any Pizza when he was on Earth. There are some religions that do require followers to adhere to certain dietary restrictions. These can be permanent or they can be only for a short time (such as a fast). Bread and fish does seem to come up in multiple places in the Bible as do figs. I am sure Jesus also ate meat but probably not the same type we eat today. The Bible does not restrict us from eating meat at all times, unless I am missing something?
                    Comment>

Jesus remains 100% God/100% human even today, but I don't think He eats meat anymore. Like Smithee pointed out above, God's original design for us was a vegan diet (Genesis 1:29-30), and so it will be again at the end of the age, at least, that's what I assume will happen (since there will no longer be any, "death", and even the lions will be eating straw again (Isaiah 6:6-9). So I assume that Jesus eats a vegan diet in Heaven today (assuming, of course, that He needs to eat).

Yours and His,
                      David

Comment>

Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post
                        Jesus remains 100% God/100% human even today, but I don't think He eats meat anymore. Like Smithee pointed out above, God's original design for us was a vegan diet (Genesis 1:29-30), and so it will be again at the end of the age, at least, that's what I assume will happen (since there will no longer be any, "death", and even the lions will be eating straw again (Isaiah 6:6-9). So I assume that Jesus eats a vegan diet in Heaven today (assuming, of course, that He needs to eat).

Yours and His,
                        David
                        I think Jesus clarified this in John Chapter 4.

John 4

27 Just then his disciples came back. They marveled that he was talking with a woman, but no one said, “What do you seek?” or, “Why are you talking with her?” 28 So the woman left her water jar and went away into town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?” 30 They went out of the town and were coming to him.

31 Meanwhile the disciples were urging him, saying, “Rabbi, eat.” 32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you do not know about.” 33 So the disciples said to one another, “Has anyone brought him something to eat?” 34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. 35 Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the harvest’? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest. 36 Already the one who reaps is receiving wages and gathering fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together. 37 For here the saying holds true, ‘One sows and another reaps.’ 38 I sent you to reap that for which you did not labor. Others have labored, and you have entered into their labor.”

God bless,
                        William

Comment>

God's favorite food would be bacon and lobster. It's the real reason they are considered unclean, he wants them for himself. Joking, maybe... But God probably loves apples, it's why he's so wise. Or probably a vegan diet like St_Worm2 suggested. That sound like the most reasonable diet.
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap