Favorite Bible Verses.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Bible Verses.

Today's feminized and secular friendly Church manifests it's true character in many ways. One favored way to supposedly get to know each others' important sensitivities is to ask the chatty little question, "What is your favorite Bible verse?" And, any Church heart with acceptable social skills will jump right up, and start appropriately chatting.

1.) No place in Scripture instructs or commands God's People to find and chat about a "Favorite Bible Verse!"

2.) To have a "Favorite Bible Verse!" strongly indicates the rest of The Bible is less favored by that person, something which God most likely frowns upon. We do not want to make God frown, do we? No, we do not. No sir.

3.) If a person has a "Favorite Bible Verse!" it indicates they are comfortable picking and choosing the components of their faith and walk. Doing so most likely causes Jesus to go, "Tsk, Tsk."

4.) Having a "Favorite Bible Verse!" means that person is narrow minded, and simple. Such that they have used either their intuitive perception or their personal experience as a means of identifying the Word of God, rather than listening to the Holy Spirit.

5.) A person chatting about their "Favorite Bible Verse!" will just attract more simple minded people to the church, thereby further weakening any remaining character or Godliness in the Body of Christ. Such people are unable to comprehend that True Believers are predestined to come to Christ only for Christ's predestined reasons, and not for their personal little weak reasons.

Thank you for coming here this morning to hear God's Word for us today. Please share here your additional ideas and intuitive resonances regarding the foolishness of having a "Favorite Bible Verse!" We need solutions for today's feminized thinking in the Church, especially within the male leadership.

My favorite verses at this very moment, conveying what ought to be edifying and helpful, wholesome and thoughtful:
    • Colossians 4:6
    • Matthew 12:36
    • Titus 2:8
    • Ephesians 4:25
    • Ephesians 4:29
    • Colossians 3:8

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by Jackson View Post
      Today's feminized and secular friendly Church manifests it's true character in many ways. One favored way to supposedly get to know each others' important sensitivities is to ask the chatty little question, "What is your favorite Bible verse?" And, any Church heart with acceptable social skills will jump right up, and start appropriately chatting.

1.) No place in Scripture instructs or commands God's People to find and chat about a "Favorite Bible Verse!"

2.) To have a "Favorite Bible Verse!" strongly indicates the rest of The Bible is less favored by that person, something which God most likely frowns upon. We do not want to make God frown, do we? No, we do not. No sir.

3.) If a person has a "Favorite Bible Verse!" it indicates they are comfortable picking and choosing the components of their faith and walk. Doing so most likely causes Jesus to go, "Tsk, Tsk."

4.) Having a "Favorite Bible Verse!" means that person is narrow minded, and simple. Such that they have used either their intuitive perception or their personal experience as a means of identifying the Word of God, rather than listening to the Holy Spirit.

5.) A person chatting about their "Favorite Bible Verse!" will just attract more simple minded people to the church, thereby further weakening any remaining character or Godliness in the Body of Christ. Such people are unable to comprehend that True Believers are predestined to come to Christ only for Christ's predestined reasons, and not for their personal little weak reasons.

Thank you for coming here this morning to hear God's Word for us today. Please share here your additional ideas and intuitive resonances regarding the foolishness of having a "Favorite Bible Verse!" We need solutions for today's feminized thinking in the Church, especially within the male leadership.

???
      Comment>

I think it is offensive to call it feminized and secular for people to have favorite Bible verses. People have parts of the book that speaks to them. My Mom's favorite book is Job but I like Ester. While I haven't just one verse that really speaks to me personally, I get having a part of the Bible resonate with them. Making small talk while waiting for church to start is part of the fun of being in an church community. Having a favorite verse isn't about rejecting the rest of the Bible but reflective of where you're at in life.
        Comment>

I am sure that God is more broad-minded than that.

Anyway, I am human, a sinner, and a fool, so may be I have this favorite bible verse at the moment because it was my father's favorite bible verse when he was battling a very aggressive type of cancer:

Psalm 91:

14“Because heb loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;

I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15He will call on me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble,

I will deliver him and honor him.

16With long life I will satisfy him

and show him my salvation.”

Comment>

Psalm 103 is one of my very favorites, but as far as single verses go, that's tough. John 5:24 comes to mind first because it tells us so much about God (both Father and Son are mentioned), about how we are saved, about eternal life (that it is indeed, "eternal", and that it is ours from the moment we first believe) and so much more in such an economy of words :) Here is John 5:24 in a couple of different translations.

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. NASB

Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. KJV

Yours and His,
            David
            Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
            Comment>

For me, it can only be 2 verses. When I was at my lowest point, when I was so confused and totally lost only 2 verses can possibly come to mind. When I was still fresh from a war, not just feeling unloved but Knowing I was unloved and would have certainly taken my own life, there were two verses that told me everything I needed to know and brought me to accept Jesus Christ. The circumstances behind finding those verses is another story but to me it was the first of many miracles to come as a brand new creation in Christ.

Romans 8:38-39. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
              Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the Love of God which is In Christ Jesus our Lord.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Jackson View Post

Normally, I read the OP and following posts thoroughly before I bring in any thoughts I have on the subject but today was a tad different. I just read the basic context (the name) and went about my merry way posting my favorite 2 verses in the Bible.
                IMAGINE MY HORROR, to find, after reading your 5 numbered statements how WRONG I was conveying not only how simple minded I am but leading those less knowledgable than you into a life of unspeakable sinfulness by separating the very Word of God into segmented parcels of personal intimate favor.
                How DARE I wish to speak kindly of the Lord by repeating the messages I have "Hid in my Heart that I might not sin against (Him) thee". They will remain Buried deep in my heart and shall never be revealed to NO ONE from now on, Sir!!

Now, I do submit unto you sir, that if you believe that bunch of hooey I just wrote it is not I who displays simple mindedness nor femininity nor secularism, nor "chattiness". For the Holy Spirit does move each and every one of us to comfort one another and strengthen one another with the very Word of God. Indeed, we are to put away useless communication that would defile the body of Christ but instead use the very example that Jesus set when He was tempted in the dessert: For IT IS WRITTEN is the preamble of each verse Jesus spake and I guarantee that each verse of scripture was a favored part of the whole word of God at the moment He spoke them.

Perhaps a time of study in Malicai, paying close attention to 3:16, might jog a bit of sanity within you and then you too will find comfort in relaying your favorite parts of God's Word.
                Mal. 3:16........"For they that feared the Lord, spake often one to another: And the Lord hearkened and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before HIM for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon His name".

Perhaps, a further need studying the Word before preaching a secular version might be in order.

God Bless............Bobby

Comment>

Originally posted by bebet View Post
                  I am sure that God is more broad-minded than that.

Anyway, I am human, a sinner, and a fool, so may be I have this favorite bible verse at the moment because it was my father's favorite bible verse when he was battling a very aggressive type of cancer:

Psalm 91:

14“Because heb loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;

I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15He will call on me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble,

I will deliver him and honor him.

16With long life I will satisfy him

and show him my salvation.”

Yes, we are all human, sinners and yes, quite foolish at times but this I do know for certain: God knows our heart, minds, soul, spirit and strengths and I am sure He is pleased when we praise Him not only with song, prayer, and testimony but by the repeating of His Word to others.

What good earthly father would scold his son for not only going in the direction he was taught, but telling others verbatim of his fathers instructions? I for one, would not only feel pleased but extremely proud that my son loved me and respected my word enough to spread it to his friends. So much more is our Heavenly Father than a parent could ever be!

bebet, if the entire Bible was in your heart and you wished to repeat it to me, I would gladly sit and listen for then I too, would know what is in your heart!!

May God Bless You Mightily again, and again! Bobby
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Bobby Cole View Post
                    Normally, I read the OP and following posts thoroughly before I bring in any thoughts I have on the subject but today was a tad different. I just read the basic context (the name) and went about my merry way posting my favorite 2 verses in the Bible.
                    HI Bobby, I did the same thing, and now I'm really glad I did. Who knew that having a, "favorite Bible verse", could be such a problem :rolleyes:
                    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap