Jesus told us who it is that will go to Heaven.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus told us who it is that will go to Heaven.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

The following scripture is some of God’s will that people live that are going to Heaven with Jesus.

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

(Matthew 23:8-9) “You, however must not allow yourselves to be called Rabbi, since you have only one Master, and you are all brothers. You must call no one on earth your father, since you have only one Father, and he is in heaven.”

(Matthew 5:48) “Even the pagans do as much, do they not? You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

(Matthew 5:44) “But I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;”

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not store up treasures for yourselves on earth, where moths and woodworms destroy them and thieves can break in and steal.”

My own suspicion is that all of us, sinners and saints alike, will end up in the same place: the presence of God. For some of us that will be vindication, and heaven. For others, it will be utter condemnation, and very hell. But all of us, I think, will be confronted with the truth about ourselves, and have some justification for thinking that we could have lived our lives better, and done more good when we had the chance, and that we are significantly less than perfect.

Best wishes, 2RM.
    Last edited by 2ndRateMind; 07-01-2015, 09:06 AM.
    Comment>

Originally posted by 2ndRateMind View Post
      My own suspicion is that all of us, sinners and saints alike, will end up in the same place: the presence of God. For some of us that will be vindication, and heaven. For others, it will be utter condemnation, and very hell. But all of us, I think, will be confronted with the truth about ourselves, and have som
      e justification for thinking that we could have lived our lives better, and done more good when we had the chance, and that we are significantly less than perfect.

Best wishes, 2RM.
      Yes if one ignores what Jesus told us your understanding can be very comforting to those who still sin.
      Comment>

Originally posted by JohnLove View Post

Yes if one ignores what Jesus told us your understanding can be very comforting to those who still sin.
        "Comfortable sinning"? No, there are no true Christians who are "comfortable" in sin. The Holy Spirit will not allow for this, but "for a season."
        "Blessed are those who mourn". Everyone, well most, will mourn for a loved one, believer and unbelievers alike, but Jesus is not talking about that, but rather one who mourns because of his sin. It is they that will be "comforted". I'm never comfortable when I Sin, but in humility I come before the grace of God, by His leading me by His Holy Spirit, to The Cross of Christ. The Triune God! But Oh, how comfortable you seem to be John.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Jason T V View Post

"Comfortable sinning"? No, there are no true Christians who are "comfortable" in sin. The Holy Spirit will not allow for this, but "for a season."
          "Blessed are those who mourn". Everyone, well most, will mourn for a loved one, believer and unbelievers alike, but Jesus is not talking about that, but rather one who mourns because of his sin. It is they that will be "comforted". I'm never comfortable when I Sin, but in humility I come before the grace of God, by His leading me by His Holy Spirit, to The Cross of Christ. The Triune God! But Oh, how comfortable you seem to be John.
          If one sins he or she is not being led by the Holy Spirit, but by the devil.

(1John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.

One who is obeying the Holy Spirit is a Child of God, and will not sin.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God.”

Comment>

John, you strike me as a KJVO-type, yet you're using the KJV.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
              John, you strike me as a KJVO-type, yet you're using the KJV.

I don’t use the King James Version, unless it is to prove a point.

I prefer the Jerusalem Bible, but have for a while used the New Jerusalem Bible. I found that the New Jerusalem has been watered down somewhat.

The New American Bible is also used by me occasionally.

What you mean by you saying, “strike me as a KJVO”, I don’t understand.

I do not like the King James Bible, and only quote it if needed.

Comment>

Originally posted by JohnLove View Post

I don’t use the King James Version, unless it is to prove a point.
                Sorry. Typo. You're not using the KJV is what I meant to say.

Why don't you like the KJV?
                Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post

Sorry. Typo. You're not using the KJV is what I meant to say.

Why don't you like the KJV?
                  Because of who it was that commissioned the King James Bible is my biggest concern. But I also found a glaring error that bothered me a great deal. No I do not care to discuss what that error is.

I have found that the Jerusalem Bible does not water down the Word as much as most others. Also it is the only bible I had, and Jesus used it to teach me that Christian are dead to sin. If it is good enough for Jesus it is great for me.

Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap