Only if you obey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only if you obey

Why should we Christians obey God? This is more like asking, "Why should a son love his father?" There is no WHY to it. The love simply happens because of the relationship. Can we say the same thing about our relationship with God, as our Heavenly Father?

Instead of asking WHY we should obey Him, like it is some kind of imposed obligation, I’ll show Us WHY we must obey Him. Sometimes we act as if God is at our disposal, rather than we at His. Obedience is better than sacrifice, in fact, it is a fundamental part of our Christian walk.

YOUR OBEDIENCE TO GOD LEADS TO ....continue Link

That really comes down to a paradigm shift in thought. Meaning once we are under His Grace we are no longer thinking in terms of something we should do, but something we want to do to show our praise and thankfulness for what He did for us. It goes from being something that is compulsive to something that is impulsive, if that makes sense.
    Comment>

There are many ways to look at this, but Grace is the better part of the larger picture. The fact that we are human makes us vulnerable to be disobedient. The ability to trust God for all our good, makes it less of a reason to be disobedient (by knowing His truth). Again, Grace intercedes. Obedience becomes more and more something we want to do to please the One we honor the most.
      Comment>

Obedient to the words of God is the only way to be at peace with Him.
        Comment>

na,

if your good friend asks of you, you do what? if your child asks of you, you do what?

wherein is the obedience?

if you loved your boss like a football player might love his coach, and he asked of you what do you do?

I visited a friend and mentioned I was looking for a particular electric motor for a project I was working, he immediately showed me what he had available and said it was mine if I need it.

there's no expectation of fulfillment in obligation, is there?

if you have an obligational relationship with the Lord God you might expect to spend eternity with and in the Presence of, then you just might have to rethink just what Jesus was talking about, considering His relationship with His Father in Heaven wasn't obligational was it? hence the Christian is supposed to have the same Life Jesus has therefore the opportunity for the same relationship with the Father. wasn't it Jesus that said we have the power to become son's of God?
          Comment>

Originally posted by DPMartin View Post
            na,

if your good friend asks of you, you do what? if your child asks of you, you do what?

if you loved your boss like a football player might love his coach, and he asked of you what do you do?

I visited a friend and mentioned I was looking for a particular electric motor for a project I was working, he immediately showed me what he had available and said it was mine if I need it.

there's no expectation of fulfillment in obligation, is there?

if you have an obligational relationship with the Lord God you might expect to spend eternity with and in the Presence of, then you just might have to rethink just what Jesus was talking about, considering His relationship with His Father in Heaven wasn't obligational was it? hence the Christian is supposed to have the same Life Jesus has therefore the opportunity for the same relationship with the Father. wasn't it Jesus that said we have the power to become son's of God?
            Ezekiel 36:25-27 says:

25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.[a]
            Lemme ask what is the cause of obedience? Jesus made an allusion to the Ezekiel 36:25-27 passages in his conversation with Nicodemus in John 3. Salvation is monergism. Note: I am not saying that one can be saved and completely disobedient towards God, but I am saying that if one is born of God then they are obedient towards Him. Obedience is clearly the effect of Salvation and not the cause of Salvation.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Sola fide contends that only faith is mandatory, obedience is optional.
              Comment>

William, truthseeker

To believe/trust is obedience because if you trust and or believe that is what you will do. If you trust some one’s instructions when you faced with inexperience that is what you will do. Case in point is the action at the tree of knowledge of good and evil. What was believed and or trusted and what was the result of that? If God’s Judgement of what was good for then expressed in His commandment to Adam this would all be mood. Again, when asked Jesus said the Father’s work is to believe on Him who God had sent. Which is the Word of God. You can’t fulfill the commandments without the nature it takes to do so. And that would be according to Him who gave such commands.

Even consider that what was valued most in the case of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, if they valued the Lord and really wanted to be like Him, or even stay in His Presence, then it would stand to reason one would listen to what the Lord said, but that isn't what happened did it? A teenager can value the company and acceptance of his friends more than his parents. we all know how that can turn out.

It’s not theology (which is of men mind you) its life and living, because that is what the Lord our God is all about. He made creation to accommodate the presence of life and living therein.

It seems most, need be deprogramed from religious theologies, and see according according to the Word of God instead of seeing according to what men say about the Word of God (theology)
                Comment>

It’s not theology (which is of men mind you) its life and living, because that is what the Lord our God is all about. He made creation to accommodate the presence of life and living therein.

It seems most, need be deprogramed from religious theologies, and see according according to the Word of God instead of seeing according to what men say about the Word of God (theology)
                  Hi Martin,

"Religion is chiefly the study of a certain kind of human behavior, be it under the rubric of anthropology, sociology, or psychology. The study of Theology, on the other hand, is the study of God. Religion is anthropocentric; theology is theocentric. The difference between religion and theology is ultimately the difference between God and man - hardly a small difference." - R C Sproul

Again, it is a difference of subject matter. The subject of Theology proper is God; the subject matter of Religion is man.

God bless,
                  William

Comment>

Originally posted by DPMartin
                    William, truthseeker

To believe/trust is obedience because if you trust and or believe that is what you will do. If you trust some one’s instructions when you faced with inexperience that is what you will do. Case in point is the action at the tree of knowledge of good and evil. What was believed and or trusted and what was the result of that? If God’s Judgement of what was good for then expressed in His commandment to Adam this would all be mood. Again, when asked Jesus said the Father’s work is to believe on Him who God had sent. Which is the Word of God. You can’t fulfill the commandments without the nature it takes to do so. And that would be according to Him who gave such commands.

Even consider that what was valued most in the case of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, if they valued the Lord and really wanted to be like Him, or even stay in His Presence, then it would stand to reason one would listen to what the Lord said, but that isn't what happened did it? A teenager can value the company and acceptance of his friends more than his parents. we all know how that can turn out.

Luther was clear about this. Justification does not come from Abraham's obedience but from his faith. Jesus obeys for us, His obedience was imputed onto us, we do not obey anymore. All we need is the intellectual assent of faith.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post

Luther was clear about this. Justification does not come from Abraham's obedience but from his faith. Jesus obeys for us, His obedience was imputed onto us, we do not obey anymore. All we need is the intellectual assent of faith.
                      To say all which is necessary for our salvation is not in Jesus Christ is a very horrible blasphemy, for this would only make Him a Savior in part - Synergism may be defined as two or more agents working together to produce a result not obtainable by any of the agents independently.

The Catholic view completely centers on man and his action, and if what you stated is an indication of what Catholics teach then they distort the Protestant view of Justification.

If we read Ephesians 2:5,8-9
                      • even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

And what about faith?
                      • For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Charles Spurgeon:

We preach the obedience of faith. Faith is the fountain, the foundation, and the fosterer of obedience. Men obey not God till they believe him. We preach faith in order that men may be brought to obedience. To disbelieve is to disobey. One of the first signs of practical obedience is found in the obedience of the mind, the understanding, and the heart; and this is expressed in believing the teaching of Christ, trusting to his work, and resting in his salvation. Faith is the morning star of obedience. If we would work the work of God, we must believe on Jesus Christ whom he hath sent. Brethren, we do not give a secondary place to obedience, as some suppose. We look upon the obedience of the heart to the will of God as salvation. The attainment of perfect obedience would mean perfect salvation. We regard sanctification, or obedience, as the great design for which the Saviour died. He shed his blood that he might cleanse us from dead works, and purify unto himself a people zealous for good works. It is for this that we were chosen: we are "elect unto holiness." We know nothing of election to continue in sin. It is for this that we have been called: we are "called to be saints." Obedience is the grand object of the work of grace in the hearts of those who are chosen and called: they are to become obedient children, conformed to the image of the Elder Brother, with whom the Father is well pleased.
                      Read More: Link
                      Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Hi Martin,

"Religion is chiefly the study of a certain kind of human behavior, be it under the rubric of anthropology, sociology, or psychology. The study of Theology, on the other hand, is the study of God. Religion is anthropocentric; theology is theocentric. The difference between religion and theology is ultimately the difference between God and man - hardly a small difference." - R C Sproul

Again, it is a difference of subject matter. The subject of Theology proper is God; the subject matter of Religion is man.

God bless,
                        William

William

Never heard of R. C. Sproul, and from what you have quoted I hope he isn’t one of those who likes to redefine what things mean and are to fit his own views. Reason I say this is this is the OED definition of religion, is foundational to western culture’s meaning and understanding of English words, and I don’t see his definition in it.
                        Religion:
                        A state of life bound by monastic vows; the condition of one who is a member of a religious order. Action or conduct indicating a belief in, reverence for, and desire to please, a divine ruling power; the exercise or practice of rites or observances implying this. Also pl., religious rites.

Recognition on the part of man of some higher unseen power as having control of his destiny, and as being entitled to obedience, reverence, and worship; the general mental and moral attitude resulting from this belief, with reference to its effect upon the individual or the community; personal or general acceptance of this feeling as a standard of spiritual and practical life.

This would be the same’s (OED) definition of theology

The study or science which treats of God, His nature and attributes, and His relations with man and the universe; ‘the science of things divine’ divinity.
                        A particular theological system or theory
                        Applied to pagan or non-Christian systems.
                        In trivial or disparaging use: a system of theoretical principles; an (impractical or rigid) ideology.
                        Rarely used for Holy Scripture. (as in in place of)

Hence of man, not of God, man’s view and views on God whether they know God or even believe in God or not. And doesn’t restrict to the Christian God does it?

Think what you like, religion is ether a (system of belief) or and activity of order and or obligation. And theology is what man thinks.

But if the Lord God of Israel’s people have need of a system of belief, then the Torah is there for such, if one needs to know more as in the nature or ways of God then being born of Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ is the Way, that is the interpretation of said system of belief because, He is the fulfillment of the Torah to the Father’s satisfaction.

Anything outside of that is of man.

Sorry bud not buying anything from R. C. Sproul
                        Comment>

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post

you are saying the same thing I am truthseeker, I maybe using different terms put it together without the faith trust/belief would Abraham have pleased God? Abraham could have decided on his own to sacrifice his son to God which would have displeased God, correct?

if God would have you do something, would that be good? and if it is good is it good in your judgement or in God's? He would have you believe. hence that is sufficient of an action for Grace and Mercy to be received. how many times did Jesus tell His people that it was the Faith? (that's a rhetorical question)
                          Comment>

Never heard of R. C. Sproul, and from what you have quoted I hope he isn’t one of those who likes to redefine what things mean and are to fit his own views.
                            Martin,

From what I've quoted?

Dr. Sproul is probably one of the most respected living Reformed Theologians today.

Sproul holds degrees from Westminster College, Pennsylvania (BA, 1961), Pittsburgh-Xenia Theological Seminary (M.Div, 1964), the Free University of Amsterdam (Drs., 1969), and Whitefield Theological Seminary (PhD, 2001). He has taught at numerous colleges and seminaries, including Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando and Jackson, Mississippi, and Knox Theological Seminary in Ft. Lauderdale.[1]

Read More: R. C. Sproul - Wikipedia

... . Sorry bud not buying anything from R. C. Sproul
                            If you did want to purchase a work by Sproul then there are a vast number to choose from:
                            • The Symbol: An Exposition of the Apostles' Creed, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishing Company, 1973
                            • The Psychology of Atheism, Bethany Fellowship, 1974 (ISBN 978-0-87123-459-9)
                            • Discovering the Intimate Marriage, Bethany Fellowship, 1975 (ISBN 978-0-87123-249-6)
                            • Soli Deo Gloria, Editor, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishing Company, 1976
                            • Knowing Scripture, InterVarsity, 1978 (ISBN 0-87784-733-9)
                            • Objections Answered, Gospel Light – Regal Books, 1978 (978-0-83070-584-9)
                            • If there is a God, why are there atheists?: A surprising look at the psychology of atheism, Bethany Fellowship, 1978 (ISBN 0-87123-238-3)
                            • Explaining Inerrancy: A Commentary, International Council on Biblical Inerrancy, 1980
                            • Stronger Than Steel: The Wayne Alderson Story, Harper and Row, 1980 (ISBN 978-0-06-067502-8)
                            • Basic Training, Zondervan Publishing House, 1982 (ISBN 978-0-310-44921-8)
                            • Reason to Believe: A Response to Common Objections to Christianity, 1982 Zondervan (ISBN 0-310-44911-1)
                            • Ethics and the Christian, Tyndale House Publishers, 1983
                            • In Search of Dignity, Regal Books, 1983 (ISBN 978-0-8307-0869-7)
                            • Who Is Jesus?, Tyndale House Publishers, 1983 (ISBN 978-0-8423-8216-8)
                            • Classical Apologetics with John Gerstner and Arthur Lindsley, Zondervan, 1984 (ISBN 0-310-44951-0)
                            • Effective Prayer, Tyndale House Publishers, 1984 (ISBN 978-0-84230-735-2)
                            • God’s Will and the Christian, Tyndale House Publishers, 1984 (ISBN 978-0-8423-1096-3)
                            • Johnny Come Home, Regal Books, 1984 (ISBN 978-0-340-52335-3)
                            • The Holiness of God, Tyndale House Publishers, 1985 (ISBN 978-0-8423-1370-4)
                            • Lifeviews: Make a Christian Impact on Culture and Society, 1986, Revell, A Division of Baker Book House (ISBN 0-8007-5357-7)
                            • Chosen by God, Tyndale, 1986 (ISBN 0-8423-1335-4)
                            • The Intimate Marriage, Tyndale House Publishers, 1986 (ISBN 978-0-87552-708-6)
                            • One Holy Passion, Thomas Nelson, 1987 (ISBN 978-0-8407-5528-5)
                            • Pleasing God, Tyndale House Publishers, 1988 (ISBN 0-8423-5024-1)
                            • Thy Brother’s Keeper, Wolgemuth & Hyatt Publishers, 1988 (ISBN 978-0-94349-737-2)
                            • If There’s a God, Why Are There Atheists?, Tyndale House Publishers, 1988 (ISBN 978-0-8423-1565-4)
                            • Surprised by Suffering, Tyndale House Publishers, 1989 (ISBN 978-1-56769-384-3)
                            • The Mystery of the Holy Spirit, Tyndale House Publishers, 1990 (ISBN 0-8423-4378-4)
                            • Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, 1990 Navpress (ISBN 0-89109-345-1)
                            • The Glory of Christ, Tyndale House Publishers, 1990 (ISBN 978-0-87552-703-1)
                            • Following Christ, Tyndale House Publishers, 1991 (ISBN 978-0-8423-5937-5)
                            • The Hunger for Significance, Regal Books, 1991 (ISBN 978-0-87552-701-7)
                            • Essential Truths of the Christian Faith, Tyndale House Publishers, 1992 (ISBN 0-8423-2001-6)
                            • Before the Face of God – Book I, Baker Books and Ligonier Ministries, 1992 (ISBN 978-0-80108-340-2)
                            • Thy Brother’s Keeper, Word Publishing, 1992 (ISBN 978-0-943497-37-2)
                            • The Soul's Quest for God, Tyndale House Publishers, 1993 (ISBN 978-0-8423-5928-3)
                            • Doubt and Assurance, Baker Books and Ligonier Ministries, 1993 (ISBN 978-0-8010-8352-5)
                            • Before the Face of God – Book II, Baker Books and Ligonier Ministries, 1993 (ISBN 978-0-80108-358-7)
                            • Not A Chance: The Myth of Chance in Modern Science and Cosmology, Baker Book House, 1994 (ISBN 978-0-8010-8386-0)
                            • Ephesians, Christian Focus Publications, 1994 (ISBN 978-1-84550-638-4)
                            • Before the Face of God – Book III, Baker Books and Ligonier Ministries, 1994 (ISBN 978-0-80108-378-5)
                            • The Gospel of God: Romans, Christian Focus Publications, 1994 (ISBN 978-1-84550-637-7)
                            • The New Geneva Study Bible, Thomas Nelson, 1995 (ISBN 978-0-8407-1091-8)
                            • Faith Alone: The Evangelical Doctrine of Justification, Baker Book House, 1995 (ISBN 978-0-8010-5849-3)
                            • The Character of God: Discovering The God Who Is, Servant Publications, 1995 (ISBN 978-0-89283-908-7)
                            • Mighty Christ, Christian Focus Publications, 1995 (ISBN 978-1-85792-148-9)
                            • The King Without a Shadow Chariot Publishers, 1996 (ISBN 978-0-87552-700-0)
                            • Now, That's a Good Question!, Tyndale House Publishers, 1996 (ISBN 0-8423-4711-9)
                            • The Invisible Hand: Do All Things Really Work for Good?, Word Publishing, 1996 (ISBN 0-8499-1207-5)
                            • Choosing My Religion, Baker Books, 1996 (ISBN 978-0-87552-609-6)
                            • Ultimate Issues, Baker Books, 1996 (ISBN 978-0-87552-625-6)
                            • Explaining Inerrancy, Ligonier Ministries, 1996 (ISBN 978-1-56769-228-0)
                            • Before the Face of God – Book IV, Baker Books and Ligonier Ministries, 1996 (ISBN 978-0801011023)
                            • Grace Unknown: The Heart of Reformed Theology, Baker Book House, 1997 (ISBN 0-8010-1121-3)
                            • Willing to Believe: The Controversy over Free Will, Baker Book House, 1997 (ISBN 0-8010-6412-0)
                            • The Priest With Dirty Clothes A Timeless Story Of God's Love And Forgiveness with Liz Bonham (illustrator), Tommy Nelson, 1997 (ISBN 0-8499-1455-8)
                            • If There’s a God, Why Are There Atheists?, Ligonier Ministries, 1997 (ISBN 978-0842315654)
                            • The Holiness of God – Revised and Expanded, Tyndale House Publishers, 1998 (978-0-8423-3965-0)
                            • The Last Days According to Jesus, Baker Books, 1998 (ISBN 0-8010-6340-X)
                            • The Reformation Study Bible" (NKJV)', Thomas Nelson, 1998 (ISBN 978-0-7852-5856-8)
                            • Renewing Your Mind: Basic Christian Beliefs You Need to Know 3rd ed., Baker Books, 1998 (ISBN 0-8010-5815-5)
                            • Getting the Gospel Right, Baker Books, 1999 (ISBN 0-8010-6447-3)
                            • In the Presence of God, Word Publishing, 1999 (ISBN 978-0-8499-1624-3)
                            • "A Walk with God: An Exposition of Luke", Christian Focus Publications, 1999 (ISBN 978-1-84550-731-2)
                            • The Gospel of God: An Exposition of Romans, Christian Focus Publications, 1999 (ISBN 1-85792-490-8)
                            • How Should I Live in This World?, Ligonier Ministries, 1999
                            • Who Is Jesus?, Ligonier Ministries, 1999
                            • Does Prayer Change Things?, Ligonier Ministries, 1999
                            • Can I Know God’s Will?, Ligonier Ministries, 1999
                            • The Consequences of Ideas: Understanding the Concepts That Shaped Our World, Crossway, 2000 (ISBN 1-58134-172-5)
                            • What's in the Bible: A One-Volume Guidebook to God's Word with Robert Wolgemuth, W Publishing Group, 2001 (ISBN 0-8499-4460-0)
                            • Loved By God, W Publishing Group, 2001 (ISBN 0-8499-1648-8)
                            • The King Without a Shadow, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2001 (ISBN 0-87552-700-0)
                            • The Hunger for Significance, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2001
                            • Five Things Every Christian Needs to Grow, W Publishing Group, 2002
                            • Saved from What?, Crossway Books, 2002 (ISBN 1-58134-417-1)
                            • When Worlds Collide, Crossway Books, 2002
                            • The Purpose of God: An Exposition of Ephesians, Christian Focus Publications, 2002 (ISBN 1-85792-609-9)
                            • The Dark Side of Islam with Abdul Saleeb, Crossway Books, 2003 (ISBN 1-58134-441-4)
                            • Running the Race, Baker Books, 2003
                            • Defending Your Faith: An Introduction to Apologetics, Crossway Books, 2003 (ISBN 1-58134-519-4)
                            • The Glory of Christ, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2003 (ISBN 0-87552-703-5)
                            • The Soul's Quest for God: Satisfying the Hunger for Spiritual Communion with God, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers Publishing, 2003 (ISBN 978-0-87552-706-2)
                            • The Intimate Marriage: A Practical Guide to Building a Great Marriage, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2003 (ISBN 0-87552-708-6)
                            • The Character of God: Discovering the God Who Is, Servant Publications, 2003 (ISBN 0-8307-3398-1)
                            • The Invisible Hand: Do All Things Really Work for Good?', Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2003 (ISBN 978-0-87552-709-3)
                            • Scripture Alone: The Evangelical Doctrine, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2005 (ISBN 1-59638-010-1)
                            • The Reformation Study Bible (ESV), Ligonier Ministries, 2005 (ISBN 978-0-87552-643-0)
                            • The Unexpected Jesus, Christian Focus Publications, 2005 (ISBN 978-1-84550-037-5)
                            • What Is Reformed Theology?: Understanding The Basics, Baker Books, 2005 (ISBN 0-8010-6559-3)
                            • Choosing My Religion, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2005 (ISBN 978-0-87552-609-6)
                            • Ultimate Issues, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2005 (ISBN 978-1-59638-039-4)
                            • A Taste of Heaven, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2006 (ISBN 978-1-56769-076-7)
                            • Truths We Confess: A Layman's Guide to the Westminster Confession of Faith, Volume 1: The Triune God, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2006 (ISBN 978-1-59638-039-4)
                            • The Lightlings, a children's title, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2006 (ISBN 978-1-56769-078-1)
                            • The Truth of the Cross, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2007 (ISBN 978-1-56769-087-3)
                            • Truths We Confess: A Layman's Guide to the Westminster Confession of Faith, Volume 2: Salvation and the Christian Life, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2007 (ISBN 978-1-59638-040-0)
                            • Truths We Confess: A Layman's Guide to the Westminster Confession of Faith, Volume 3: The State, the Family, the Church, and Last Times, Presbyterian and Reformed Publishers, 2007 (ISBN 978-1-59638-041-7)
                            • The Prince's Poison Cup, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2008 (ISBN 978-1-56769-104-7)
                            • Five Things Every Christian Needs to Grow, revised, expanded Reformation Trust Publishing, 2008 (ISBN 978-1-56769-103-0)
                            • Discovering the God Who Is: His Character and Being. His Power and Personality, Regal Books, 2008 (ISBN 978-0-8307-4527-2)
                            • Romans (St. Andrew's Expositional Commentary), Crossway Books, 2009 (ISBN 978-1433506857)
                            • John (St. Andrew's Expositional Commentary), Reformation Trust Publishing, 2009 (ISBN 978-1-56769-185-6)
                            • Surprised by Suffering, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2009 (ISBN 978-1-56769-184-9)
                            • The Mystery of the Holy Spirit, Christian Focus Publications, 2009 (ISBN 978-1-84550-481-6)
                            • The Prayer of The Lord, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2009 (ISBN 978-1-56769-118-4)
                            • Does Prayer Change Things?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2009 – Crucial Questions series (ISBN 978-1-56769-178-8)
                            • Can I Know God's Will?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2009 – Crucial Questions series (ISBN 978-1-56769-179-5)
                            • Who is Jesus?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2009 - Crucial Questions series (ISBN 978-1-56769-181-8)
                            • How Should I Live in This World?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2009 – Crucial Questions series (ISBN 978-1-56769-180-1)
                            • Can I Trust the Bible?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2009 – Crucial Questions series ISBN 978-1-56769-182-5
                            • What is Faith?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2010 – Crucial Questions series (ISBN 978-1-56769-207-5)
                            • What Does it Mean to Be Born Again?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2010 – Crucial Questions series (ISBN 978-1-56769-206-8)
                            • Can I Be Sure I'm Saved?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2010 – Crucial Questions series (ISBN 978-1-56769-208-2)
                            • Abortion: A Rational Look at An Emotional Issue, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2010 (ISBN 978-1-56769-209-9)
                            • Acts (St. Andrew's Expositional Commentary), Crossway Books, 2010 (ISBN 978-1-4335-2273-4)
                            • The Priest with Dirty Clothes, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2011 (ISBN 978-1-56769-210-5)
                            • 1-2 Peter (St. Andrew's Expositional Commentary), Crossway Books, 2011 (ISBN 978-1-4335-2289-5)
                            • Unseen Realities: Heaven, Hell, Angels and Demons, Christian Focus Publications, 2011 (ISBN 978-1-8-4550-682-7)
                            • What Can I Do with My Guilt?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2011 (ISBN 978-1-56769-258-7)
                            • What Is the Trinity?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2011 (ISBN 978-1-56769-259-4)
                            • What Is Baptism?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2011 (ISBN 978-1-56769-260-0)
                            • The Barber Who Wanted to Pray, Crossway Books, 2011 (ISBN 978-1-4335-2703-6)
                            • Mark (St. Andrew's Expositional Commentary), Reformation Trust Publishing, 2011 (ISBN 978-1-56769-265-5)
                            • Pleasing God: Discovering the Meaning and Importance of Sanctification, David C. Cook, 2012 (ISBN 978-0-7814-0728-1)
                            • God's Love: How the Infinite God Cares for His Children, David C. Cook, 2012 (ISBN 978-1-4347-0422-1)
                            • Does God Control Everything?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2012 (ISBN 978-1-56769-297-6)
                            • Who Is the Holy Spirit?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2012 (ISBN 978-1-56769-299-0)
                            • Can I Have Joy in My Life?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2012 (ISBN 978-1-56769-295-2)
                            • Are We Together? A Protestant Analyzes Roman Catholicism, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2012 (ISBN 978-1-56769-282-2)
                            • The Work of Christ, David C. Cook, 2012 (ISBN 978-0-7814-0726-7)
                            • The Donkey Who Carried a King, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2012 (ISBN 978-1-56769-269-3)
                            • The Promises of God, David C. Cook, 2013 (ISBN 978-1-4347-0423-8)
                            • Matthew (St. Andrew's Expositional Commentary), Crossway Books, 2013 (ISBN 978-1-4335-3175-0)
                            • How Can I Develop a Christian Conscience?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2013 (ISBN 978-1-56769-327-0)
                            • Does God Control Everything?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2013 (ISBN 978-1-56769-297-6)
                            • What Is the Lord's Supper?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2013 (ISBN 978-1-56769-328-7)
                            • What Is the Church?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2013 (ISBN 978-1-56769-329-4)
                            • How Then Shall We Worship?, David C. Cook, 2013 (ISBN 978-1-4347-0424-5)
                            • Everyone's a Theologian, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2014 (ISBN 978-1-56769-365-2)
                            • What Is Repentance?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2014 (ISBN 978-1-56769-372-0)
                            • What Is the Relationship between Church and State?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2014 (ISBN 978-1-56769-374-4)
                            • Are These the Last Days?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2014 (ISBN 978-1-56769-376-8)
                            • Not A Chance: The Myth of Chance in Modern Science and Cosmology, Baker Publishing Group, 2014 (ISBN 978-0-80101-621-9)
                            • God Is Holy and We're Not, Ligonier Ministries, 2014
                            • What Is the Great Commission?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2014 (ISBN 978-1-56769-498-7)
                            • Can I Lose My Salvation?, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2014 (ISBN 978-1-56769-499-4)
                            • The Knight’s Map, Reformation Trust Publishing, 2016 (ISBN 978-1-56769-367-6)
                            • "Are People Basically Good?", Reformation Trust Publishing, 2016 (ISBN 978-1-56769-698-1)
                            • "How Can I Be Blessed?", Reformation Trust Publishing, 2016 (ISBN 978-1-56769-694-3)
                            • "How Should I Think about Money?", Reformation Trust Publishing, 2016 (ISBN 978-1-56769-507-6)

God bless,
                            William
                            Comment>

that maybe so William, but theology is still of men, not of God.

one doesn't have to be a theologian to know the Living God, His Ways and His Word, and His Presence.
                              And on doesn't have to know one true thing about the Living God to be a theologian.

if one wants to know the ways of building a house one seeks knowledge from the experienced thereof. if one wants to know the ways of theology then one seeks knowledge from the established theologians (theists).

if one wants to know the Ways and the Life given of the God of Israel one goes to Jesus Christ. not a home builder, not a theologian.

when the Lord told His people that they would be kings and priests, no mention of theists there. the Pharisees and Sadducees where theists, even though they had the job of priesthood, with scholarly info up one side and down the other, but yet couldn't recognize or understand enough to acknowledge the Holy One of Israel standing in front of them.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap