Satanism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satanism

Sometime in the 1990s, there was this talk about Satanism, a cult recruiting the youth. Obviously, their god is Satan. However, as one member confessed, the Satanists worship Satan but they don't do crimes or evil. They are also people like us and the only difference is that they worship Satan instead of the usual God that we know. Their principle is that we are in hell so this world is the domain of Satan. And for you to be progressive, you should pray to Satan for he is more powerful than anyone. I don't know how I felt when I learned of that, mixed emotions maybe. It's a good thing that the cult seemed to vanish when it was reported in the newspapers.

Satanism is really a crazy and frightful thing just like other cults around the world.
    Luckily as you said we don't really hear about t nowadays, so maybe they are really vanished and only teenagers looking for self-identification and weird people on the countryside believe in it.
    Comment>

I've been on tumblr and there is some strange justifications for satanism is that it's better than Christianity. But there are two versions of satanism, the original worships satan while the other is philosophical Levary Satanism. One of the justifications is that they are happier than Christians because they tenants are more realistic to keep. If you look on yahoo answers, some random reasoning for worshipping Satan is that God don'ts stop him so the devil wins, he's more fun, there is more diversity in hell while even is boring, and Satan tricked God into doing atrocious thing and basically outsmarted him (Job comes to mind). In their minds, Satan is more empathetic to humans giving into human needs instead of the high inhuman standard of God who views us as a sin and only that.
      Comment>

As a Christian, I believe that there are far more people worshipping Satan than there are people enrolled in any of the Satanic churches. As far as those who identify as Satanists, most of them are unorganized Satanists, teenagers and young adults who are making their religion up as they go along. This was particularly prevalent during the 1970s and 1980s, when Christian church leaders, police departments, and the media were seeing Satanists under every rock. The police were attending workshops put on by people who were supposedly experts on Satanism, and pastors were preaching about the dangers of Satanism and rock and roll. For a time, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy because rebellious teens wanted to be a part of whatever it was that was shocking their parents and church leaders so much, and there were also the adults who took advantage of them.

In this, I am not implying that Satan isn't real or that there are not people who are actually worshipping Satan. As I began this post, I do believe that there are far more people who are worshipping Satan than there are those who know that this is what they are doing. As the furor over Satanism died down, fewer people began thinking about being involved in it. On the other hand, I am not one of those Christians, of which there are many today, who do not believe that Satan is real. I just don't think you have to join the Church of Satan in order to worship Satan.

Over the years, there have been many ideas put forth by Christian scholars as to the nature of Satan, the most common being that he is a fallen angel. Irenaeus wrote that "the Hebrew word Satan means an apostate, and that "the devil was one of those angels who are placed over the spirit of the air... However, being envious of man, he was rendered an apostate from the divine law." Tertullian agreed, writing of Satan that, "he deceived man because he had envied him." Of Satan, Cyprian wrote, "When he saw man made in the image of God, he broke forth into jealous and malevolent envy."
        Comment>

I would go one step further, and suggest that there are actually a lot of people who attend supposedly Christian worship services week after week, and don't even realize that the god that they are worshipping is not the God of the Bible, but a god whose first and greatest commandment is the same as that of LaVey Satanism: fulfill your lusts.

Please tell me if this is a derailment, and I will quit this line and move it to a more appropriate thread, but I feel like it is relevant here.

It takes on many forms, and usually doesn't sound quite as blatantly arrogant as that, but there are a lot of people who say a lot of things such as:
          * God wants you to be happy.
          * If you are following God, he will bless you in material and other wealth.
          * You need to take care of yourself before you are able to take care of anyone else.
          * You need to tell the toxic people in your life that you are done with them, and that you will not tolerate their bringing their issues into your life anymore.
          * Pretty much anything said by Joel Osteen

The worst part is that I don't usually disagree with anything that Joel Osteen says. He doesn't usually come out and speak blasphemies and heresies. It's not what he does say, but what he doesn't say. What he refuses to say. Nearly anything that is said by Mr. Osteen we would have to admit, well, that is true, as long as you realize such and such, and this is true in these conditions, et cetera. Lies are most dangerous when you mix them with so much truth that people can't tell the difference between the truth and the lie.

But I think the common thread between LaVey Satanism and Osteen Christianity is the number one sin: Pride. It's not about you. It's about God. If you seek first the kingdom of God, then everything that you need will also be taken care of. If you seek first to get what you need, then you won't get either.
          Comment>

Would Satanists admit that they sacrifice humans when murder is against the law? Obviously not. Fact is satanism has existed in some form from the OT days days when people worshipped idols and gods such as Baal, Enlil, Asherah and others. Satan is evil, he's been a murderer and a liar from the time he was cast out from heaven and those who woship him are just like him. They are liars and murderers.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap