Condemnation, and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condemnation, and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

I have said before I have dealt extensively with condemnation, it has ruled over me at times for months, here`s the story and maybe it will help someone else

A little backstory, When I was a child I was raised by a step-father until I was 12 and a single mother for the rest, and to my step-father I could never do anything right, I was never nor ever would be good enough, I was spanked with a belt to the point of excess, and I figured if my Earthly father didn't love me and walked away and this step-father was like he was, that God must be the same way.

I was about 14 or so when I was at a Christian camp and heard all about Jesus and my heart felt so drawn to Him and I said the prayer but afterward the cares of this world and lust drew me right back into bondage, but in 2001 thoughts cursing the Holy Spirit started racing through my mind over and over again and terror fell on me.

Fast forward to 2003, I was with a friend who was a Christian and he mentioned blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and I thought I had committed this sin because these thoughts of cursing the Holy Spirit raced through my mind and would not ease up and terror immediately seized me and that night I ended up at a church at 2am where the pastor was just finishing up writing his sermon for the following Sunday and making flyers for a church event and that night I found peace unlike anything I had ever known, the voices just stopped dead in their tracks and I knew Jesus did that for me and everyone there swore my face glowed..

It wasn't long until my walk with Jesus got in the way of my relationship with my kids mother and since she was a satanist she wanted another man with nothing to do with Jesus and in short we split up she took the kids and accused me of some rancid things and kept them from me for 2 years until I won them in court, and of course I lost my mind and went head first back into the world and away from God, it was like C.S. Lewis said after his wife died "so this is what God is like".

You see I had felt so guilty and couldn't live with what I had done in the past, the sexual sins, homosexual behavior, lust, controlling, hatred, and much more, and couldn't forgive myself even though Christ had forgiven me I was in sin and when it was done I hated my sin and myself for it.

The blasphemous thoughts which are partly due to OCD eventually had returned and I rededicated my life back to Christ but every time I would turn around Satan was using another Bible verse to condemn me, like Hebrew 6 and 10.

Now a text without a context is a pretext, and in context the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is as follows and imo cannot easily be done by a believer:

In order to do that one must:
    1: Be a spiritual leader
    2: speak willfully and knowingly against the work of God performed by the power of the Holy Spirit for your own gain.
    3: in all honesty you really have to hate Jesus to commit this sin.

It is not thoughts cursing the God head.

You see the Pharisees knew that ONLY God could do the miracles that Christ had done, no man had ever healed a blind man before but Jesus had, and the pharisees chose to say and teach others that Jesus power come from the enemy which they knew was a lie, but they didn't want to lose their prestigious position, and furthermore Jesus never actually said they committed that sin but gave an example knowing their hearts.

Hebrews 6 and 10 are speaking to Hebrews who were considering going back into Judaism and rejecting Christ, Hebrews 6 is an if/and statement with 5 clauses in any case Christ would have to die again and we know Christ was the once, for all sacrifice so let me tell you about ALL..

Psalm 86:5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. Psalm 103:3 who forgives all your sins . . .
    Psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
    Isaiah 38:17 . . . In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back.
    Isaiah 53:6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    Jeremiah 33:8 I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me.
    Ezekiel 36:25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities . . .
    Micah 7:18-19 Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry for ever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
    John 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
    Romans 3:22-24 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
    Romans 5:18 Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men.
    Romans 10:12-13 . . . the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
    Titus 2:13-14 . . . our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own . . .
    1 John 1:7 . . . the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin
    1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

You see when it comes to condemnation it is an attack from Satan to get your focus away from Christ, to cause you to doubt your salvation which is not dependent on you but on what Christ did for you, He said it is finished and sat down at the right hand of the Father because He was done.

Now if anyone can be condemned its me and I know I am not condemned, even though I still do stupid things at times I have never given up, it does take repentance every day, we must die to ourselves every day, if anyone here feels condemned I know what you are going through and I deeply feel for your situation, but don't believe it, run straight to Jesus and cling to the cross and when the attack gets worse sing draw closer to Jesus, and praise God and eventually the devil will leave you alone, but remember never go by feelings but by Gods word and He is a God of forgiveness.

God is not angry with you, He is not just patting His foot waiting to punish you, instead He earnestly desires you to come to Him so He can forgive you, He deeply desires fellowship with you and wants to show His love and mercy to you, come home child, don't wait another minute to get on your knees and come into His presence He truly loves you no matter what you have done.

May the peace of God be with you.

As far as I can tell, the only unforgivable sin is rejecting Jesus. If Faith is a gift from God through the Holy Spirit, then blasphemy against the Holy Spirit means you aren't given the Faith to accept Jesus. If you have faith, a real living faith, in Christ, then you're not guilty of an unforgivable sin.

Christians do sin and struggle with sin. As the Bible says, the flesh is weak, and that includes unwanted thoughts. And, everyone, most people anyway, do struggle with difficult lives. We live in a Fallen world, so we should expect such things in this life.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap