Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

How to get into heaven?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get into heaven?

This question reminds me of a Bible verse: Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will go into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the pleasure of my Father in heaven. (Matthew 7:21)
    In fact, I often live in corruption, not in the Lord's word. I look forward to having discussion with you.

That reminds of a well known verse. Faith without works is dead. Jesus isn't your Lord if you're not doing His will.
    Comment>

To get into heaven, one must die in the friendship of God. Every present moment is where we touch eternity, for it is in each present moment we could enter eternity. At that moment, if we are in the friendship of God when we leave this world, heaven is assured us. To ensure, in that moment, we are in the friendship of God, all we need do is live every present moment in God's friendship. To live every present moment in God's friendship, all we need be is converted to God in each present moment,

Not all sin is the same. There is sin unto death and sin not unto death. Sin not unto death does not break our fellowship with God, though it impairs it. Sin unto death breaks our fellowship with God, removes us from this friendship, which is restored when we repent and seek God's forgiveness. God's grace is abundant towards us. He is always waiting to forgive us. As we walk this path, this is the path of our sanctification. When we fall, all we need to is repent, turn from our sin, and continue. It does not mean we won't fall again. Jesus fell as He was carrying His cross. Jesus fell three times. Jesus said that those who follow Him must deny themselves, take up their crosses and follow Him. Why do we think we won't fall while we carry ours? And as God sent Simon to help Jesus carry His cross, so God sends us help as well, for Christ helps us carry our cross.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
        That reminds of a well known verse. Faith without works is dead. Jesus isn't your Lord if you're not doing His will.
        Hi Cornelius,can you share what you have experienced with me?
        Comment>

Originally posted by Jennifer View Post
          This question reminds me of a Bible verse: Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will go into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the pleasure of my Father in heaven. (Matthew 7:21)
          In fact, I often live in corruption, not in the Lord's word. I look forward to having discussion with you.

“For with the heart man believes to righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to salvation.”
          (Romans 10:10)。To confess with our mouth and believe in our heart is all we must do. Righteousness through faith means we are hence forever saved.
          Comment>

[SIZE=14px][SIZE=16px]Hi Jennifer, you might want to consider that verse within the context that it's written. Verses 22-23 are helpful in understanding what v21 is saying a little more fully. I'll post the passage for you here. Check out v23 to see why Christ sends those who appear to be "super Christians" in v22 away to damnation, rather than to Heaven. [/SIZE][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=14px][FONT=verdana]21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
            22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
            23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’ Matthew 7:21-23[/FONT][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=14px][SIZE=16px]I have to go vote, but I'll be back later tonight.

Jesus is God. He is omniscient. He knows everything and everyone. What do you think He meant then when He said to those in v22 (who were doing great works in His very name), "I NEVER knew you"?

Yours and His,
            David[/SIZE][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=16px]"He who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me,
            has eternal life, and does not come into judgment,
            but has passed out of death into life."[/SIZE]
            John 5:24

Last edited by David Lee; 11-03-2015, 08:11 PM.
            Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
            Comment>

Originally posted by happy life View Post

“For with the heart man believes to righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to salvation.”
              (Romans 10:10)。To confess with our mouth and believe in our heart is all we must do. Righteousness through faith means we are hence forever saved.
              Hi,Happy life, I wouldn’t approve of what you said.The Scripture says,“...you shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.”(Leviticus 11:45)“...holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.” (Hebrews 12:14)Although we have been saved,this does not mean that we are holy.Because we often sin and confess,and are not worthy to see our Lord’s face.How can we enter the kingdom of heaven?Yes. How can we enter the kingdom of heaven?
              Truly doing the heavenly Father’s will is following His words and commandments,and doing our duty according to His requirements.Just like what the Lord Jesus said, “... You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:37-39)
              Doing the heavenly Father’s will means following and practicing what the Lord Jesus currently says. This is the most basic principle.People who do the will of God will submit toand practice whatever He says or does.They can accept God’s commission and testify Him,and no longer rebel against or resist Him.Such people are the holy ones.For example, Abraham. He was able to listen to God,sincerely willing to give his only beloved son back to God.Because of his absolute obedience,God blessed his descendants to be a great nation. Another example, Job feared God and kept away from evil.Even when tested with the loss of his possessions and children,he would rather curse himself than murmur against God. He still praised Jehovah’s holy name. So in the eyes of God, he was perfect. They were all people who obeyed and feared God. Such people are those who truly do the will of the heavenly Father.
              Comment>

[SIZE=14px]....I often live in corruption, not in the Lord's word. I look forward to having discussion with you[/SIZE].
                Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post
                [SIZE=10px]Hi Jennifer, you might want to consider that verse within the context that it's written. Verses 22-23 are helpful in understanding what v21 is saying a little more fully. I'll post the passage for you here. Check out v23 to see why Christ sends those who appear to be "super Christians" in v22 away to damnation, rather than to Heaven. [/SIZE]
                [SIZE=10px][FONT=verdana]21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
                22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
                23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’ Matthew 7:21-23[/FONT][/SIZE]
                [SIZE=10px]Jesus is God. He is omniscient. He knows everything and everyone. What do you think He meant then when He said to those in v22 (who were doing great works in His very name), "I NEVER knew you"?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]"He who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me,
                has eternal life, and does not come into judgment,
                but has passed out of death into life."
                [/SIZE]
                [SIZE=14px]John 5:24[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Hi again Jennifer, that said, I agree with Cornelius. You told us that you "often live in corruption, not in God's word", which should be a warning sign to you that you may not be born again (John 3:3), that He may not have made you into a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). As St. Paul tells all of us, test/examine yourself to make sure that you are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]When you first became a Christian, did you remember seeing any remarkable changes in your life or lifestyle? And when you now choose sin over righteous behavior, do you always feel remorse, ask God to forgive you and repent? Sadly, all true Christians will continue to sin until we die (hopefully not in the ways we did before we came to know Christ, of course), but a Christian's life should no longer be characterized by sinful behavior or by a sinful lifestyle (like our lives used to be). St. John says:[/SIZE]
                [SIZE=16px]"No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God." 1 John 3:9[/SIZE]
                [SIZE=16px]We are saved by grace through faith in Christ, apart from works of any kind. IOW, there is nothing we can "do", no good work or deed we can perform, that will save us or keep us saved. Even saving faith (by which we first come to believe) is a gift to us from God (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). But if we are truly saved, one of God's great purposes for us from that point on is the performing of good works (Ephesians 2:10). We do good works because as Christians, God enables us to, and He commands us to, and because we know that God is 'pleased' when we do so (which is another great indicator of whether you are a Christian or not). Is it your heart's desire, day and night, to please Him in all that you do? If it is, chances are very good that you are a Christian :)

I hope that helps a bit.

Yours in Christ.
                David[/SIZE]
                [SIZE=16px]"We are His masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which
                God prepared beforehand that we would walk in them"
                Ephesians 2:10[/SIZE]
                Last edited by David Lee; 11-04-2015, 02:42 PM.

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                Comment>

When you first became a Christian, did you remember seeing any remarkable changes in your life or lifestyle? And when you now choose sin over righteous behavior, do you always feel remorse, ask God to forgive you and repent?
                  Hi David, I would like to say something about myself. Before receiving Christ, I had a bad temper. Because of the Lord's salvation, I have changed my bad temper a bit. But I am still sinning by day and cofessing by night, ask the Lord to forgive my sins. I know that I don't act to the will of the Lord. But I don't have the power to do what is right.
                  Comment>

[SIZE=16px]Hi Jennifer, most of what you said sounds very encouraging. When you become a Christian, the Lord (at least in my case) dealt with what He knew I could not handle on my own, removing or making it possible for me to handle certain lifetime sinful habits that I would not have been able to escape otherwise. But other stuff He leaves us with (in whole or in part) to deal with as reminders of who we are w/o Him, and especially, so we can learn to trust and depend on Him in faith, and thereby grow in Him as Christians. So if He left you with a lot to handle, you must be strong enough to do so. Click here to check out what 1 Corinthians 10:13 tells us about that.

Do you read your Bible and pray everyday? And do you go to church each week, or are you trying to make a go of the Christian life alone?

Blessings to you in Christ (Numbers 6:24-26) :D

--David
                    p.s. - if you are tempted to sin, it would be helpful if you'd pray to God in that moment and ask Him to help you not go through with it. But if you do sin, even a little bit, it also helps to confess it, ask forgiveness for it, and repent of it (turn away from it) as soon as possible afterwards! And if you sin again, just ask for forgiveness again (He's always waiting for you to do so with open arms :D ). You will eventually become stronger as you grow in Him this way, especially because you were given the power to do so when you became a Christian and were indwelt by the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12-16).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]"Let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking
                    our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one
                    another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near."
                    Hebrews 10:24-25[/SIZE]

Comment>

Our salvation is not based on our own performance review. We get to Heaven by receiving Christ as Savior. We do this by faith, not by faith and any work of any kind. We have to understand that we are sinners, and there's nothing we can do that will be good enough before God (Rom. 3:10-12; 6:23). If there were, then Jesus didn't need to die. But Jesus who is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14) died on the cross, was buried, and rose from the dead (1Corinthians 15:1-4). That is the Gospel message. By trusting in Christ and believing in the Gospel, we are declared right before God by faith (Romans 4:1-5; 5:1; Ephesians 2:8-9). In other words, when we receive Christ by faith (John 1:12), the righteousness of God is given to us (Philippians 3:9). This is called justification. Justification is a legal standing before God. It means that the one who has trusted in Christ by faith is now declared legally righteous according to the law. It was Jesus who fulfilled the law without failure. Therefore, everything we need is found in Jesus.

God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

[SIZE=16px]That ^ is an excellent explanation. Thanks William :)[/SIZE]

Comment>

Thanks St_Worm2.

Honest I saw that you deleted your post? Just thought to share with you my thoughts, thinking you brought up something that would of benefited everyone if further addressed.

Looking forward to future engagement.

God bless,
                          William
                          Comment>

Do you read your Bible and pray everyday? And do you go to church each week, or are you trying to make a go of the Christian life alone?
                            Yes, sometimes I read Bible and pray everyday. I go to church anch week. I am trying to make a go of the Christian life alone. The Lord's word is the truth, the Way and the life.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                              Thanks St_Worm2.

Honest I saw that you deleted your post? Just thought to share with you my thoughts, thinking you brought up something that would of benefited everyone if further addressed.

Looking forward to future engagement.

God bless,
                              William
                              Hi,William.So glad to hear from you.I deleted my post because I realized that I can't completely fellowship the truth about how to get into heaven clearly at that time.I think that as a devout Christian I should be responsible for all words what I said .Actually,I'm seeking the truth about how to get into the heaven and praying to God these days.If I understand the truth ,I will be glad to share with everyone.

God bless,
                              Honest
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap