Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

​“The Mind of Christ”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​“The Mind of Christ”

The believer’s “calling of God” (Rom 11:29) is union and fellowship with Him and consists in either strength or weakness of faith, depending upon the present level of “conforming” growth in His Son (Rom 8:29). Strength of faith is in maintaining what God considers more than what we ourselves consider, this is having “the mind of Christ” (1Co 2:16), for He always prioritized the Father’s considerations over all things (Luk 22:42).

When the Father “drew” us (Jhn 6:44) to salvation in His Son, He already saw all our thoughts and actions, thus our eternal acceptance with Him was in no scintilla of a degree related to that of our person but of the person of the Lord Jesus. God’s love to us is not in any form indifferent to that of His love He has always had for His Son which was manifested in sending Him. Thus God’s desire for our acceptance equaled that of the person and work of His Son (Eph 1:6).

Therefore, our faith is strengthened as we consider what God regards concerning our place with Him, which is where we are “hid with Christ” (Col 3:3). We often deal with ourselves harshly in our mistakes and self-evaluations, but God deals with us only in loving chastisement and never with punishment, as if the believer could ever possibly be in trouble with God. We are ever in the same place of God’s heart and mind where the Lord Jesus is—which changes not—in spite of all He knows what we will encounter and decide.

Though our source (old man) of sin indwells and affects us to some degree, the Father never sees the believer as a sinner, as there are no Scriptural references describing the sinner as a believer, including Paul’s hyperbole (1Tim 1:15). This does not intend that the believer no longer sins, for a sinner is one who sins intentionally and willfully. But the work of the Spirit, which is the primary factor concerning our assurance of adoption in God (Rom 8:16) ever keeps us in the sensitivity of hatred of sin and sinning.

There is great comfort in knowing that God knows our desire is never to displease Him, and this is what He regards more than the sin from which we learn, just as His love for Christ’s work was regarded more than the “iniquity of us all” (Isa 53:6); and “where sin abounded, grace abounded much more” (Rom 5:20). To know to be undeserving of ourselves leads us to know we are deserving in Christ (1Co 11:29). May God keep us mindful of ourselves in the like manner which He Himself is mindful of us in His Son, our Lord Jesus!

Originally posted by NetChaplain View Post
    The believer’s “calling of God” (Rom 11:29) is union and fellowship with Him and consists in either strength or weakness of faith, depending upon the present level of “conforming” growth in His Son (Rom 8:29).
    (Romans 11: 26-36) “And so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB." "THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS." From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God's choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy. For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all. Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR? Or WHO HAS FIRST GIVEN TO HIM THAT IT MIGHT BE PAID BACK TO HIM AGAIN? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.”

Notice it say saved, and it is speaking about Israel, not gentiles. And has nothing to do with: “fellowship with Him and consists in either strength or weakness of faith, depending upon the present level of “conforming” growth in His Son”

Saved does not mean one will go to heaven with Jesus Christ our Lord and God.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

By the way the above scripture is Jesus talking, and he said: “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven.”

Strength of faith is in maintaining what God considers more than what we ourselves consider, this is having “the mind of Christ” (1Co 2:16), for He always prioritized the Father’s considerations over all things (Luk 22:42).

(Romans 8:26-28) “ In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Notice Paul was saying all this to those who love God. To love God one has to obey his commandments. So if one is not obeying God’s Commandments, what Paul said does not apply to them.
    (John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

Has Jesus shown himself to you? Notice Jesus told us that to love him one has to keep God’s commandments.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”
    People who sin don’t even know Jesus so in no way could he or she love him.

When the Father “drew” us (Jhn 6:44) to salvation in His Son, He already saw all our thoughts and actions, thus our eternal acceptance with Him was in no scintilla of a degree related to that of our person but of the person of the Lord Jesus

Yes this says those who believe in Jesus.

Yes, and the Protestant need to understand just what believing in Jesus means.

Believing of Jesus, and believing in Jesus are two different things.

When John says one is believing in Jesus, he is saying that one needs to be in Jesus to believe.

You need to read what John says about being in Jesus, or Jesus being in him or her.

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

John says this is how we know we are in him. One who sin can’t believe in Jesus, because they are not living as Jesus lived.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

Here John says God is in one who does not sin. So
    Children of God are in God, and God is in them.

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Here John says if one sins they don’t even know God. One can’t believe in someone they do not even know.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Jesus told us what one needs to do to have God be in them. Keeping God’s Word includes not sinning.

The reason my argument does not make sense to most people, is because to understand God’s Word and come to know God his or her teacher needs to be God.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-13) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God”

Though our source (old man) of sin indwells and affects us to some degree, the Father never sees the believer as a sinner, as there are no Scriptural references describing the sinner as a believer, including Paul’s hyperbole (1Tim 1:15
    Yes sinners are so desperate to believe that everyone sins, no matter if he or she are being led by Jesus/Holy Spirit that they will even make an assumption that Peter and Paul still sinned after receiving the Holy Spirit.

To be consistent with scripture, and believe Paul, and Peter sinned after receiving the Holy Spirit, people would need to believe Paul and Perter were not yet Children of God.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God”

But the work of the Spirit, which is the primary factor concerning our assurance of adoption in God (Rom 8:16) ever keeps us in the sensitivity of hatred of sin and sinning.

Here again you don’t explain who Paul is speaking to.

John tells us just who is a Child of God. Paul would not be contradicting John would he?

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God.”

You see Paul was talking to people who no longer sinned.

There is great comfort in knowing that God knows our desire is never to displease Him, and this is what He regards more than the sin from which we learn, just as His love for Christ’s work was regarded more than the “iniquity of us all” (Isa 53:6); and “where sin abounded, grace abounded much more” (Rom 5:20). To know to be undeserving of ourselves leads us to know we are deserving in Christ (1Co 11:29). May God keep us mindful of ourselves in the like manner which He Himself is mindful of us in His Son, our Lord Jesus!
    Deserving Christ?
    If one sins he or she does not even know Jesus Christ.

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”

Nowhere in this what you have posted do you explain what it means to have the mind of Jesus Christ our Lord and God.

Comment>

Netchaplain, I agree with your post, for what it's worth. John is of an RCC background and has been for a long time. That may explain his criticism of Protestants and John Calvin. I'll try to butt out of this thread if you wish to carry on with John.
      Comment>

Originally posted by JohnLove View Post

(Romans 11: 26-36)

Notice it say saved, and it is speaking about Israel, not gentiles.”
        Hi JL - Thanks for the time and sincerity you've shown in your reply, and it's obvious we are of different understandings concerning the Scriptural references used in this thread, but that's okay if we keep our correspondence in a proper manner.

To begin with I see that Romans 11:28-32 includes instruction also to Gentiles: vs 28 ("your sakes"); vs 30 ("ye in times past"); vs 31 ("your mercy"); vs 32 ("upon all").

Originally posted by JohnLove View Post
        Saved does not mean one will go to heaven with Jesus Christ our Lord and God.
        Nearly all of the NT usages of "saved" intends "redeemed."

God's blessings to your Family!

Comment>

Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
          Netchaplain, I agree with your post, for what it's worth. John is of an RCC background and has been for a long time. That may explain his criticism of Protestants and John Calvin. I'll try to butt out of this thread if you wish to carry on with John.
          Hi SC - Appreciate your respect but there's no need to "butt out" if you wish to share any thoughts beyond what you've shared.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap