Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

Is it possible for all Abrahamic religions to lead to salvation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible for all Abrahamic religions to lead to salvation?

I read about a medieval attempt to bring Judaism, Christianity and Islam to a common ground and one of the ideas was that all Abrahamic religions can lead to salvation because we worship the same God, share similar concepts of morality and behavior, but have different information about Him, and since the information was provided to us by our ancestors and we have very few means of verifying whether it's true or not, we cannot be held accountable if our ancestors provided us with incorrect information (as no fair God would punish the children for the sins of their ancestors).

What do you think about this perspective?

It sounds good in theory -- however, we Do have the Bible / Gods' Word. And there is the Quran that teaches Islam. And the Jewish people who as a group, do not accept that Jesus Christ has actually come yet. They are still waiting for Jesus Christ's 1st coming, which , in reality will be His 2nd coming. d

So -- we have three conflicting religious belief systems.

Abram was called by God to be the grandfather of Jacob who became the father of the twelve tribes of Israel (Jacob) thus, the Jewish people. God's 1st chosen. Then the Jewish people rejected their Messiah, so salvation was extended to the Gentiles (everyone else) in the New Testament.

The other two groups, the child of Promise vs the child born out of cultural practices. The child of Promise was Isaac and the child born from Sarah's handmaid which was culturally correct , Ishmael.
    Christianity vs Islam

John 14:6 -- Jesus Christ is telling mankind that "I am the way, the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father, but by Me." That is very specific.

Christianity / God's Word / Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is the only One who died on the cross - in our place -- for our sins- - shed His blood and was buried and rose again the 3rd day. What can wash away my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole Again, nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh, precious is the blood that makes me white as snow, no other name I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Comment>

Originally posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
      I read about a medieval attempt to bring Judaism, Christianity and Islam to a common ground and one of the ideas was that all Abrahamic religions can lead to salvation because we worship the same God,
      The term "Abrahamic religion" is quite misleading, and as Sue has pointed out, there is no such thing. Once you get acquainted with the Koran, you will discover that it is an attack on Christ, Christianity and the Gospel, and it is a perversion of the Old Testament. Once you check out the Talmud you will also discover the same thing.

You are also under the impression (it would seem) that the Bible was merely a creation of man. But the truth is that the Bible is Divinely inspired, therefore it is called the Word of God. This means that although the words were written by men, they were given to men by God. So it is a unique book which has come from God to man. That is why Christians trust their eternal destiny on what the Bible reveals about Christ, and what Christ accomplished in His death, burial, and resurrection.
      Comment>

Is it possible for all Abrahamic religions to lead to salvation?
        Could be. Pope Francis just installed a Univeralist at the Vatican. Here's a quiz from Pope Frank that might help us understand who he believes is "in" and who's not (and it looks all but one little group of people will be, even atheists).

Find out after answering 4 short questions here: Frank the Hippie Pope’s “Will You Go to Heaven” | Lutheran Satire
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

That was an Awesome quiz. :D:(;):):rolleyes::eek:
          Comment>

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
            But the truth is that the Bible is Divinely inspired, therefore it is called the Word of God.
            Funny how every Muslim thinks exactly the same thing about the Quran and every Jew thinks exactly the same about the Torah...
            Comment>

Funny how every Muslim thinks exactly the same thing about the Quran and every Jew thinks exactly the same about the Torah...
              Well the Torah is indeed the Word of God, but the Talmud is not. As to the Quran, take some time to read what it says, and you will discover that it perverts the Bible. For example it speaks of Abraham and Ishmael going to Mecca to erect the Ka'aba. Well that is NOT what the Bible reveals.
              Comment>

Of course they do -- but Christianity is the real truth. Jesus Christ is the Only risen Savior. He is the Only Son of God.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap