Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

The new encyclical on the environment is published. It is called "LAUDATO SI’ - ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new encyclical on the environment is published. It is called "LAUDATO SI’ - ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME"

[SIZE=16px][FONT=trebuchet ms]Many people have heard that pope Francis was to release an encyclical about the environment; he has done so and it is called LAUDATO SI’ - ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME click the name and you will be taken to the text of the encyclical.[/FONT]
    [FONT=trebuchet ms][FONT=trebuchet ms]1. “LAUDATO SI’, mi’ Signore” – “Praise be to you, my Lord”. In the words of this beautiful canticle, Saint Francis of Assisi reminds us that our common home is like a sister with whom we share our life and a beautiful mother who opens her arms to embrace us. “Praise be to you, my Lord, through our Sister, Mother Earth, who sustains and governs us, and who produces various fruit with coloured flowers and herbs”[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms]2. This sister now cries out to us because of the harm we have inflicted on her by our irresponsible use and abuse of the goods with which God has endowed her. We have come to see ourselves as her lords and masters, entitled to plunder her at will. The violence present in our hearts, wounded by sin, is also reflected in the symptoms of sickness evident in the soil, in the water, in the air and in all forms of life. This is why the earth herself, burdened and laid waste, is among the most abandoned and maltreated of our poor; she “groans in travail” (Rom 8:22). We have forgotten that we ourselves are dust of the earth (cf. Gen2:7); our very bodies are made up of her elements, we breathe her air and we receive life and refreshment from her waters. ...[/FONT]
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by peppermint; 06-18-2015, 07:07 AM.

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]A short video presentation related to the encyclical Laudato Si
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Comment>

I must say, I am delighted by this Pope. His obvious concern for the poor, and the environment, reflect well on him. If he continues his office this way, I may even come to consider Catholicism as a world-friendly phenomenon.

Best wishes, 2RM.
      Last edited by 2ndRateMind; 06-18-2015, 07:39 AM.
      Comment>

Originally posted by 2ndRateMind View Post
        I must say, I am delighted by this Pope. His obvious concern for the poor, and the environment, reflect well on him. If he continues his office as well, I may even consider Catholicism as a world-friendly phenomenon.

Best wishes, 2RM.
        [FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]Even better would be to consider the Lord Jesus Christ a soul friendly saviour to whom you are called and in whose love you may find peace.[/SIZE][/FONT]
        Comment>

Thanks for the link peppermint. At 184 pages it will take me a while to read it but I'm sure it will be an interesting read.

I like the option to download a .pdf version. The Vatican is edging into the modern age!. :)
          Comment>

Originally posted by Bede View Post
            Thanks for the link peppermint. At 184 pages it will take me a while to read it but I'm sure it will be an interesting read.

I like the option to download a .pdf version. The Vatican is edging into the modern age!. :)
            [FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]There is some free software that may be of benefit to you. It is called Biblia Clerus. Do a search and see for yourself if you do not already have it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap