Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

How to enter the Kingdom of heaven ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enter the Kingdom of heaven ?

Many people who believe in God , they yearn for enter the Kingdom of heaven.But how to enter the Kingdom of heaven? It is worth to thinking this question. Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 7: ( 22-23 ) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. From these verses I know that we should obey God's words and practice accoring to God's words. Only in this way can we be a man after God's own heart. Can you share your opinion with me ? Let's discuss this theme together!

God bless you !:)

Originally posted by Necy Kate View Post
    From these verses I know that we should obey God's words and practice accoring to God's words.
    Yes, we should obey God's words and anyone who did this perfectly would deserve to enter the kingdom of Heaven. The problem is that none of us can do this. The only way we can enter the Kingdom is to receive the forgiveness that Christ offers to us.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I think it is more specific to ask "What is the Bible's Way to be granted the grace to enter God's kingdom?" One of the first facts we are confronted with relative to this question is the parenthetical description of it Jesus has stated in Mt. 7:14 and the fact that there are only few that ever find out what the gate is. Another major fact that we face in the US is there being a church of some sort on each block's corner and several more in between those. This point might be hyperbolas, but in the US without doubt churches are plentiful. So then what is one to do for himself since they can't all have the knowledge we are searching for. My goodness even Jesus says there are only a few that ever find the thing and we know He cannot be wrong in what He says. Right? So then ladies and gentlemen since you've asked I'll quote it, but I think you might be some what shocked at what the gate actually is and I expect most of you will not believe it. "For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13 The gate into God's kingdom is a law. In my ministry experience contemporary Christians totally and unitedly contest that apostle's stated fact and I suspect you'll not do otherwise. So let's see if I'm right.
      Last edited by Theodore A. Jones; 04-15-2017, 04:59 PM. Reason: Correct spelling.
      Comment>

Only in this way can we be a man after God's own heart.
        G'day Necy and Theodore,

There's only one way a man can be after God's own heart. He must receive a heart from God. The conversation between Nicodemus and Jesus alluded to Ezekiel 36:25-27.
        • 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.[a]

Man must be "born from above", "reborn", or as theologians coin the term, "regenerated". Man can no more determine his own regeneration as his physical first birth. Though, notice the result of the new heart and Spirit God put within you, the cause which I bolded and underlined.

Rebirth is a necessary condition that without man cannot "see" let alone "enter" the kingdom of heaven:
        • 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
        • 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. From these verses I know that we should obey God's words and practice accoring to God's words.
        You stated that Jesus said, "he" never knew them. Clearly the works being done in themselves were not bad, that is, healing in Jesus name. However, one who seeks righteousness from the law is responsible for the entire law. The Scripture does not state that they could know Jesus or initiate a relationship by works, but the Scriptures state that while Jesus knew too much about them and their inequity, that He did not know them in a special way. The relationship Jesus is emphasizing is not initiated by us, but by the Father. Notice in Romans 8:29-30 foreknew is used in perfect contrast to "never knew" in Matthew 7:14.
        • 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

The object of the verb "foreknew" are "those whom". The Scripture does not point to works or things that they have done, but literally, only those whom which are the object of God's affections. God literally "foreloved" those whom he set His affections upon.

Originally posted by Theodore A. Jones View Post
        "For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13 The gate into God's kingdom is a law. In my ministry experience contemporary Christians totally and unitedly contest that apostle's stated fact and I suspect you'll not do otherwise. So let's see if I'm right.
        Are you reading the context surrounding Romans 2:13?

Romans 2:13 prevents an objection which might be made by the Jews whom the law does not excuse, but condemn, because it is not the hearing of the law that justifies, but rather the keeping of it. These Jews gloried in the mere knowledge of the law, but Paul corrects and, declares that the hearing of the law or any knowledge of it is of no such consequence, that any one should on that account lay claim to righteousness. If righteousness is sought from the law, the law must be fulfilled; for the righteousness of the law consists in the perfection of works. Who then can be justified by the law? Abraham was not justified by the law, but by faith, it follows that no man can be justified by works.

Notice the preceding verse immediately before, Romans 2:12
        • For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Paul is addressing the Hypocrites, which is obvious from Romans 2:12 even to 2:23
        • Rom 2:23 You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law.

Paul is clearly imputing fault to the Jews that dishonor Christ by transgressing the Gospel, talking about it non-consequentially in great length, but living hypocritically. The Apostle Paul only urges here on the Jews what he had mentioned, the decision of the law, — That by the law they could not be justified, except they fulfilled the law, that if they transgressed it, a curse was instantly pronounced on them.

Your thoughts?

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

To enter the kingdom of God first we must acknowledge the work of Jesus Christ in redeeming us back to the Father. We must continuously strive to live a holy life . Above all we should pray for the Grace and Mercies of GOD to make it into his Kingdom, for the Bible says by Grace are we saved not by work lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2 ; 8 - 9 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. (KJV)
          Comment>

Absolutely; none of us are without sin, I've never read that we have to be perfect to receive entrance through the pearly gates, but that we must believe, pray, and follow the 10 commandments among other stipulations. He knew when he died for our sins what those sins were going to be but gave His life anyway- what an awesome love and sacrifice!!! He knows our hearts, I think it mostly boils down to whether you're a good or bad spirit.

Many people who believe in God , they yearn for enter the Kingdom of heaven.But how to enter the Kingdom of heaven? It is worth to thinking this question. Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 7: ( 22-23 ) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. From these verses I know that we should obey God's words and practice accoring to God's words. Only in this way can we be a man after God's own heart. Can you share your opinion with me ? Let's discuss this theme together!

God bless you !:)

Comment>

I agree with most of the statements above but when it comes to heaven, Jesus is the way; the way to life.
              The word of God records that to get to heaven one must believe in Jesus as his savior, confess with his tongue that Jesus is Lord.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap