Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

God Is the Source of Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • God Is the Source of Life

    All who come into this world must experience life and death, and many have experienced the cycle of death and rebirth. Those living will soon die and the dead soon return. All of this is the course of life arranged by God for each living being. However, this course and cycle are the truth that God wishes for man to see, that the life bestowed upon man by God is endless and unfettered by flesh, time, or space. This is the mystery of life bestowed upon man by God and proof that life came from Him. Though many may not believe that life came from God, man inevitably enjoys all that comes from God, whether they believe in or deny His existence. Should God one day have a sudden change of heart and wish to reclaim all that exists in the world and to take back the life He has given, then all shall be no more. God uses His life to supply all things both living and lifeless, bringing all to good order by virtue of His power and authority. This is a truth which none can conceive or easily comprehend, and these incomprehensible truths are the very manifestation of and testament to the life force of God. Now let Me tell you a secret: The greatness and power of the life of God cannot be fathomed by any creature. It is thus now, was thus then, and will be thus in time to come. The second secret I shall impart is this: The source of life comes from God, for all creation, whatever the difference in form or structure. Whatever kind of living being you are, you cannot move counter to the path of life that God has set. In any case, all I wish is for man to understand that without the care, keeping, and provision of God, man cannot receive all that he was meant to receive, no matter how great the effort or struggle. Without the supply of life from God, man loses the sense of value in living and loses the sense of purpose in life. How could God allow a man who wastes the value of His life to be so carefree? Then again, do not forget that God is the source of your life. If man fails to cherish all that God has bestowed, not only will God take back all that was given, but more than that, man shall pay twofold to make reparation for all that God has spent.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Mu Mu View Post
    All who come into this world must experience life and death, and many have experienced the cycle of death and rebirth. Those living will soon die and the dead soon return. All of this is the course of life arranged by God for each living being. However, this course and cycle are the truth that God wishes for man to see, that the life bestowed upon man by God is endless and unfettered by flesh, time, or space.
    This all sound a bit like new age thinking. Am I misunderstanding you?

    Comment>

    • #3
      Hello Mu Mu,

      Welcome to Christforums!

      Just a tip:

      Paragraph breaks would really help the reader out. Just something to consider.

      I also see you tagged the thread using "word of faith". Are you from the Word of Faith movement?

      God bless,
      William
      Comment>

      • #4
        Originally posted by William View Post
        Paragraph breaks would really help the reader out. Just something to consider.

        I also see you tagged the thread using "word of faith". Are you from the Word of Faith movement?
        Thanks brother, that's very helpful~^^
        God bless you and lead you.
        No i'm not from that movement.
        Wish you have a victorious day~
        Comment>

        • #5
          Originally posted by Origen View Post
          This all sound a bit like new age thinking. Am I misunderstanding you?
          Thanks for your reply,
          God bless you,brother^^
          How do you think those words? I mean the details.
          Comment>

          • #6
            Originally posted by Mu Mu View Post
            Thanks for your reply,
            God bless you,brother^^
            How do you think those words? I mean the details.
            It is not up to me to make your meaning clear but you. That is why I asked. So again, this all sound a bit like new age thinking. Am I misunderstanding you?
            Comment>

            • #7
              Originally posted by Mu Mu View Post
              All who come into this world must experience life and death, and many have experienced the cycle of death and rebirth.
              Where is this found in the Bible? The Bible says, "it is appointed for man to die once." Each of us is born physically only once, although those who put their faith in Christ are born a second time. Those who do not experience this rebirth will die a second time after their bodies have died. "This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." The Bible says nothing about a cycle of death and rebirth like the one you speak of.
              Clyde Herrin's Blog
              Comment>

              • #8
                Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                Where is this found in the Bible? The Bible says, "it is appointed for man to die once." Each of us is born physically only once, although those who put their faith in Christ are born a second time. Those who do not experience this rebirth will die a second time after their bodies have died. "This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." The Bible says nothing about a cycle of death and rebirth like the one you speak of.
                Matthew 11:13-14
                For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
                And if ye are willing to receive it, this is Elijah, which is to come.

                Brother, according to these two chapters, John is the rebirth of Elijah.
                Thank you for reply, May this be helpful to you, God bless and lead you.
                Comment>

                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mu Mu View Post
                  John is the rebirth of Elijah
                  Elijah could not have been reborn as John the Baptist because he never died.

                  When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask what I shall do for you, before I am taken from you.” And Elisha said, “Please let there be a double portion of your spirit on me.” And he said, “You have asked a hard thing; yet, if you see me as I am being taken from you, it shall be so for you, but if you do not see me, it shall not be so.” And as they still went on and talked, behold, chariots of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha saw it and he cried, “My father, my father! The chariots of Israel and its horsemen!” And he saw him no more.
                  2 Kings 2:9-12 ESV


                  Here is what Gabriel said when he foretold the birth of John.

                  And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God, and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.
                  Luke 1:16,17 ESV


                  John was the fulfillment of the prophesies that Elijah would come to prepare the way for the Messiah but he wasn't a reincarnation of Elijah.
                  Clyde Herrin's Blog
                  Comment>

                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mu Mu View Post
                    Matthew 11:13-14
                    For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
                    And if ye are willing to receive it, this is Elijah, which is to come.

                    Brother, according to these two chapters, John is the rebirth of Elijah.
                    Thank you for reply, May this be helpful to you, God bless and lead you.
                    UH, no. This is what happens when you do not take the WHOLE of Scripture into account. John was asked point blank if he was Elijah. He said NO!

                    And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” John 1:21)

                    Moreover if you had read the WHOLE of Scripture then you would known that the Angel of the Lord tells Zechariah, John's father: "and he [i.e. John the Baptist] will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah..."

                    If you are going to make such a claim then you ought to really know what the Scripture say rather than filling in the blanks yourself.

                    By the way, I now know the answer to my question to you.
                    Comment>

                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Origen View Post
                      UH, no. This is what happens when you do not take the WHOLE of Scripture into account. John was asked point blank if he was Elijah. He said NO!

                      And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” John 1:21)

                      Moreover if you had read the WHOLE of Scripture then you would known that the Angel of the Lord tells Zechariah, John's father: "and he [i.e. John the Baptist] will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah..."

                      If you are going to make such a claim then you ought to really know what the Scripture say rather than filling in the blanks yourself.

                      By the way, I now know the answer to my question to you.
                      Jesus Christ said:"For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye are willing to receive it, this is Elijah, which is to come."
                      But John said:I am not.
                      There is a question,two different answers, Who should we believe?
                      Is the Lord Jesus wrong? Should we trust and listen to Lord Jesus or John a human?
                      People sometimes do not know but God knows everything all the time.

                      Thanks for the reply,God bless.
                      Comment>

                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mu Mu View Post
                        Jesus Christ said:"For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye are willing to receive it, this is Elijah, which is to come."
                        But John said:I am not.
                        There is a question,two different answers, Who should we believe?
                        Is the Lord Jesus wrong? Should we trust and listen to Lord Jesus or John a human?
                        As I said above, one has to take the WHOLE of Scripture into account. Since all Scripture comes from God, and since Scripture cannot contradict itself since it is given by God, other verses and passages help illuminate other verses and passages which might be unclear or misunderstood as you clearly have.
                        Comment>

                        • #13
                          Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                          Elijah could not have been reborn as John the Baptist because he never died.

                          When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask what I shall do for you, before I am taken from you.” And Elisha said, “Please let there be a double portion of your spirit on me.” And he said, “You have asked a hard thing; yet, if you see me as I am being taken from you, it shall be so for you, but if you do not see me, it shall not be so.” And as they still went on and talked, behold, chariots of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha saw it and he cried, “My father, my father! The chariots of Israel and its horsemen!” And he saw him no more.
                          2 Kings 2:9-12 ESV


                          Here is what Gabriel said when he foretold the birth of John.

                          And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God, and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.
                          Luke 1:16,17 ESV


                          John was the fulfillment of the prophesies that Elijah would come to prepare the way for the Messiah but he wasn't a reincarnation of Elijah.
                          Yes, the Bible did not say that Elijah died, but said he was taken to heaven.
                          Let's think about this,Does God have the power to make Elijah reincarnation into John? the answer is yes, coz God is omnipotent,his wisdom and ability is far more than people's imagination. Moreover, the Lord Jesus said that John was the reign of Elijah.
                          Matthew 11:13-14
                          For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
                          And if ye are willing to receive it, this is Elijah, which is to come.

                          Shouldn't we trust and listen to Lord Jesus?

                          Thank you for the reply,God bless.
                          Comment>

                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mu Mu View Post
                            Let's think about this,Does God have the power to make Elijah reincarnation into John?
                            Reincarnation does not exists in Scripture.
                            • Hebrews 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

                            Origen asked whether you follow New Ageism. Here is what we mean by that:

                            God is... Bible:

                            Father
                            Personal
                            Only good
                            Created all things
                            New Age Thought:

                            Force
                            Impersonal
                            Good and evil
                            All things
                            Jesus is... Bible:

                            Second person of Godhead
                            God and man
                            Died and rose from dead
                            New Age Thought:

                            Man who took on Christ office
                            God in man
                            Died and was reincarnated
                            Man is... Bible:

                            Made like God
                            Evil in present state
                            Spirit and body
                            After death, body will be resurrected
                            Saved by God's grace
                            New Age Thought:

                            God
                            Basically good
                            Basically spirit
                            After death, body reincarnated
                            Saved by human works.

                            Here are some major views of reality which identify the New Age movement.

                            1. It begins with pantheism. God is all and all is god. The Bible teaches theism. Theism declares that God is to the world what a painter is to a painting. God is to the world what a playwright is to a play. Pantheism says God is to the world what a pond is to drops. We're all little drops in an infinite point. We're all one great big drip, we're all one great big drop.

                            Thus God is an "It." God is not a father but a force. "May the Force be with you" is pantheism, the New Age view of God.

                            2. The New Age is philosophical monism. Monism says there is only one essence in the universe. Atheism is monism: It affirms that the one reality is matter. The New Age monism: It says that the one reality is God.

                            God is nature and nature is God. God is the water, the air, the whale, the trees. This is why New Agers show unrealistic passion for the water, the air, the whales and the trees. While we all should be concerned about the environment, the New Agers' concern is a religious concern.

                            3. There is holism. If nature is God and God is nature, all is God. Thus the New Age advocates holism.

                            4. There is self-deification. If God is all, pantheism; if God is all that exists, monism; if all is God, holism; then man is God, human deification. This is self-deification.

                            5. This leads to imbalanced immanence. Where do we go to find God? We do not look to the heavens above nor to the earth below. We look inside us. There we find God.

                            6. There is extreme mysticism. This is the ultimate in mysticism. Godhood is obtainable. If you will center on yourself, if you will realize that you are god, if you will awaken from your amnesia, you will find god. Shirley MacLaine said the best kept secret of the twentieth century is "We are all god. But we forgot it. We have fallen into amnesia and we need to awaken from it by transcendental meditation. Godhood is obtainable by mystical experience."

                            7. There is reincarnation. We gods have to learn to be God, but if we miss it in this life, we can still obtain it in the next. Or in the next! Or the next! Or the next! The heart of the New Age movement says:
                            Life is cyclical. Christianity teaches you must be born again! The New Age Movement says you must be born again! And again! And again! And again! Christianity says you live once and you die once. The New Age Movement says you live over and over again. You live and die! You live and die! And live and die!
                            Hindus have been the great champions of reincarnation. Their basic social system, the infamous caste system, rises or falls with their belief in reincarnation and karma, or destiny. While the New Age form of reincarnation does not advocate a caste system, it still possess this semi-fatalistic view of human life. Thus, the need to be reborn over unto one finally gets it right.

                            This also helps explain the positive view of New Agers toward abortion. If 4,300 women per day abort an unborn baby in the U.S., that is acceptable. According to many New Agers, it is because these babies sinned in a previous life. They are "punished" by abortion. Yet they will have a chance for another birth yet to come.

                            Reincarnation leads to other extremes. For example, you know what homosexual New Agers say? Why am I homosexual? Because I have a female soul from a previous life trapped in a male body and I can't help it.

                            8. There is illusion. This means good and evil are one and the same thing. This is a hard concept to grasp until we go back to pantheism, monism, holism, and self-deification. If God is all, and all is God, then whatever exists is God. Thus what we call good and what we call evil are only different sides of the same coin which we call God. Thus, since all is God, both good and bad are really illusions. God is both good and evil. Isaiah 6 says God is so holy that the angels sing, "Holy, holy, holy." If the New Agers are right there should be an antiphonal choir in heaven. One side would be singing 'holy' and the other side would be singing 'unholy.' One side would be singing 'Thou art good.' And the other side would be singing 'Thou art evil.'

                            9. There is animism. The universe is alive. It is all spirit. Many of our young people are being taught the Gaia principle, that there is a living force behind everything... This is animism. This is paganism. This is why we sent we sent missionaries to... the world because they believed in this pagan idea that everything is living. And now it is being taught in the name of science in our universities and our schools in America today.

                            10. There is evolutionism. The world, that is human society, is evolving. New Agers don't believe in Darwinian evolution--they are concerned about spiritual evolution. They are not concerned about the theory that man came from animals. They are concerned about the fact that man can evolve into God.

                            This is panthestic evolution. If it sounds contradictory, it is. How can god evolve into God? New Ageism is a complex system of self contradictory ideas.

                            11. There is optimism. New Agers are incurable optimists, not pessimists. This appeals irresistibly to our pessimistic world. New Agers believe that the world is getting better and better. This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius. The millennium is coming and the New Agers are going to bring it in. They believe that one day the entire world will be won and all world leaders will work together. There is a New Age coming.

                            Presently they see the United Nations as their international headquarters, so to speak. The U.N. does not know this. The New Agers do, and that is all that matters. They have already taken steps to guide and shape the U.N. to accomplish their missionary task: a New Age meditation center already exists in the U.N.; and a catch word both in the U.N. and in New Age is "new world order."

                            Not that everyone who uses this phrase is a New Ager, however. President George Bush is an example. He is reputed to be a true "born again" believer, not a New Ager. Yet he often uses this catch word, probably unwittingly.

                            The "new world order" is the order of the day in the U.N. Since the New Age is not considered a religion as such, but as more a movement among people of all religions or non-religious faith, many U.N. leaders see in New Age teaching a desirable world philosophy. In fact, some prominent men in the U.N. are New Agers. Finally, the U.N. concept of the world as a "global village" in need of one eclectic world view which will draw all people together perfectly sets the stage for the entrance of the New Age movement.

                            We must remember that the New Age movement is primarily Eastern theology married to Western technology. It does not have the high visibility of other religious movements with their world headquarters: no Vatican City, no World Council of Churches headquarters, no Mormon Temple, no Southern Baptist headquarters. It has no international center at all but is a broad coalition of various and divergent organizations, headed by different persons towards the same goal and all sharing a broad, unified world view.

                            Their strategy is to gradually develop their goal of a new world order through a new world consciousness. This conversion process will be accomplished by a new world spiritual energy field, the god force within each human being. They use every person, organization, concept, or whatever, which can be harnessed toward the emergence of the new world order.

                            This broad, unorganized movement--some call it "the Aquarius Conspiracy"-- takes in all and every group whose goal is a new world order. Some of the groups are not even religious. This does not matter. When the end goal is finally accomplished, all will become religious, for all will recognize they are god. All have this one thing in common. They seek a new world order, a world human brotherhood of peace.

                            12. There is globalism. Globalism naturally arises out of social evolutionism and almost deterministic optimism. The entire human race will become one. This is the world as one global village.

                            13. There is syncretism. Syncretism can be defined as "the combination of different forms of belief or practices. That is a good definition reflecting what New Age must do to bring about the new world order. All religious and philosophies must be combined. They must be blended into one soup, not a casserole with each maintaining its own distinctives while united with the rest. All religions will be combined into one eclectic world religion.

                            This syncretism of the New Age totally rejects the exclusiveness of Jesus Christ. It is a demonic counterfeit, religious system which is now the fastest growing religious movement in America.

                            Finally, there is the influence of New Age theology on the church. Subtle pantheistic views are being taught. Counterfeit theology becomes a substitute for biblical theology. Dominion theology and prosperity theology are really New Age concepts. Many sincere Christian leaders do not recognize this. Extremes in signs-and-wonders theology, name-it-and-claim-it, visualization, and mystical meditation come close to the claims and practices of Science and Mind. Whatever you can visualize you can claim. That you can have and you can be anything your imagination can create is not biblical. It is demonic.

                            I John 4:1, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world."
                            God bless,
                            William
                            Comment>

                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mu Mu View Post
                              Yes, the Bible did not say that Elijah died, but said he was taken to heaven.
                              Let's think about this, Does God have the power to make Elijah reincarnation into John? the answer is yes, coz God is omnipotent, his wisdom and ability is far more than people's imagination.
                              God could but that is not the question. The question is did God? The idea of reincarnation is completely foreign to Scriptures. Given the verse you cited as evidence, and given others verses which clarify that verse, the text does not in any way support the idea of reincarnation.

                              Originally posted by Mu Mu View Post
                              Shouldn't we trust and listen to Lord Jesus?
                              We should but you are introducing a doctrine that is not part of the N.T. Moreover you ignore counter evidence from the same N.T. which refutes your claim. You have read something into Jesus' statement based upon what you think it means rather than allowing the inspired authors of the N.T. to clarify what Jesus meant.

                              Obviously the angel of the Lord, the inspired authors of the N.T., and John the Baptist himself are in a better position to understand Jesus in context than you are.
                              Last edited by Origen; 03-17-2017, 12:46 PM.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap