Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

Christianity and accepting lies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianity and accepting lies

Does anyone else find that they are perhaps less accepting of society's "little lies" than they were before they became Christian, or became a practicing Christian?

Many of the things around us, especially in small towns rely on turning a blind eye to lies, sins, power plays, and so on and sometimes letting the innocent suffer because the events "aren't their business". I find I can't do this. It may not be my business, but if I have the proof that someone has lied or is harming another for their own benefit, I'll bring it forward. However I find many other people are really reluctant to speak up, even when they know what's going on.

The last case was a false accusation made to police, so I'm not talking small things here, but of twenty witnesses who knew the truth and could prove it I was the only one that would speak up to get charges dropped. Why do people just stand back and allow this?

Hi Sister, in your case, I'm certain that having the mind of Christ, as well the indwelling and leading of the Holy Spirit, had a lot to do with your choosing to act when 20 others would not.

Keep up the good work in Him :)

Yours in Christ,
    David
    Last edited by David Lee; 02-23-2017, 04:26 PM.
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

• Matthew 5:10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
      • 1 Peter 3:14-16 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap